The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins CB coach discusses Iggy

2 posters

Go down

Dolphins CB coach discusses Iggy Empty Dolphins CB coach discusses Iggy

Post by JMP Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:27 pm

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/06/dolphins-cb-coach-breaks-down-what-hes-seen-from-noah-igbinoghene/

This week, Dolphins cornerbacks coach Charles Burks spoke on Igbinoghene’s career to this point. He was asked which one of the cornerback’s traits gives him faith that he’ll be a successful player in this league, and the coach gave the one thing that can’t be coached.

“Just his athletic ability,” Burks said. “I think he definitely has tools to be successful in the league, but there’s a lot more to that. Not saying that he doesn’t have those other things, but it’s just not necessarily an athletic skill… It’s not just necessarily being a really good athlete. It’s the preparation. It’s the instincts. It’s the film. It’s all that encompassing that can really change your game and take you to a high level.”

Later in his media availability, Burks was asked what he’d like to see Igbinoghene work on this offseason.

“The main thing is routine and attention to detail and being self-motivated,” he said. “Again, not saying that he’s not. That’s just what everybody that I’ve coached. It’s those three things, if you do those at a high level, it’s gonna put you in a position to do good things when your opportunity arrives again. He has two guys in front of him that are playing at a high level. Those guys, in the offseason, they will have the same message to them from me.”

So apparently, Carson's take on Iggy was 100% correct: Iggy is immature and doesn't put the work in.

The athletic ability and skillset are enough to get Iggy another camp, but if he doesn't grow up he won't make the final 2022 roster.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins CB coach discusses Iggy Empty Re: Dolphins CB coach discusses Iggy

Post by CarsonChris Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:23 am

Busy playing Xbox. I watched him last year "learning" coverage on his Xbox. I couldn't believe he was saying that's how he learns the game.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:46 am

CarsonChris wrote:Busy playing Xbox. I watched him last year "learning" coverage on his Xbox. I couldn't believe he was saying that's how he learns the game.

It's crazy. Really speaks to his immaturity, and inability to be a professional.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down