The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another EARLY MOCK

4 posters

Go down

Yet another EARLY MOCK Empty Yet another EARLY MOCK

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:38 am

I am watch the draft rating/rankings change almost daily on the PFN mock.

I have factored in the Phins latest Free Agent moves kinda/sorta and took a WAG on what Grier would do... Then I did what I thought was best for the Phins. cheers

I am assuming the Phins get a Veteran OT in free agency.

29. Jermaine Johnson EDGE Florida State - The PFN mock software sometimes throws a monkey wrench into the 1st round, and in this one, one heckuva EDGE
player was available. Since they signed Wilson, I doubt they would go for Burks, who was available at #29. IF it were me, I might have taken Burks. But if Johnson projects anywhere close to what he looked like at the Senior Bowl, there is no way Grier would pass him up IMO.

50. Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati - He is usually gone and I doubt Grier would pick him anyway, but at #50 all the big name OTs were gone, so... a Big WR with speed.

102. Troy Andersen LB Montana State - This guy is fast and smart. I heard one NFL Talking Head say he reminds him of Vrabel. Plug him in at MLD and let him play sideline to sideline. I hear the Phins have been studying Quay Walker, the GA ILB, and he would be perfect, but he keeps getting picked in the late 2nd or early 3rd in the mocks I run.

121. Dare Rosenthal OT Kentucky - I think he will fit the zone blocking scheme really well. Darrian Kinnard is getting listed as a OG and is dropping. He got tabbed at #118 so...

125. Cameron Jurgens OC Nebraska - I think he might solve the Phins Center dilemma. Maybe not this year, but next year for sure. And maybe even this year. You gotta like a guy who makes his own Beef jerky and markets it as BeefJurgy! I would also take a long look at Umpey from BYU. Late, you will have to look at Deaton from Tex Tech or Wattenburg from Wash.

158. Akayleb Evans CB Missouri - Big CB who will help on nickel and could develop into something special.

200. Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State - I doubt he drops this far, and I doubt even more Grier would draft another TE after Long last year, but.. at #200, he was real value IMO.

224. Jean Delance OT Florida - RB Price was gone, so I thought about RB Zander Horvath, but just on the chance they want a developmental/backup OT. Delance faced the fearsome SEC Edge rushers and while he never over-powered them, he more than held his own. I suspect he is at a RT Jesse Davis level RIGHT NOW, but there is a chance he will develop.

This will get changed mucho before the draft I am sure.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Yet another EARLY MOCK Empty Re: Yet another EARLY MOCK

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:45 am

Love this draft!

Cam Jurgens is awesome! He became a favorite of mine after watching the Combine and hearing about Beef Jurgey!

I have to say, the more I watch Zion Johnson the more I want him in Miami. If we don't solve the center position in free agency, he has become my top choice at 29 if he is still there.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:18 pm

That's a good draft and with the early FA moves makes sense. We've addressed RB, OG/OT, WR with solid younger players and resigned our two key players at TE and DE to give us BPA freedom.

Burks' stock slid a bit at the combine, to where he may be there at 29. Johnson I agree would be a perfect fit. Another O-lineman with versatility to play C and multiple positions is Tennessee's Cade Mays and might be a possibilty (along with already mentioned Cole Strange) in that fourth round range.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Yes, I agree on Cade Mays. He is probably a bit more versatile than former teammate Trey Smith whom was an absolute steal for the Chiefs in the 6th round last year. Smith started for them and did a fantastic job. I will be surprised if Mays makes it to Round 5 this year.

I am having a hard time seeing the Phins going for an OG this year. They signed Willams, they have Hunt, they have Kindley and Jackson assuming he stays at OG. And I suspect the Phins O-line that stunk last year might well perform much better this year with some legitimate OC and O-line coaching.

But then again, Zion Johnson may be too tempting to pass up if he is there as well.

And you can never count on how Grier does his lateral draft value board analysis, so...
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

I'm viewing Zion Johnson as a center. He can play G and T too, but I think he'd be ideal for the Phins at C.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:19 am

Here's what I came up with on a "no trades, mostly BPA" attempt with attention paid to need positions. Ojabo I didn't expect to be there. Boom or bust, worth a shot at the latter at the position and # 29. Felt OT had to be addressed, so I waited on a WR, found some decent developmental prospects at need positions late:

MIA

David Ojabo
EDGE Michigan
MIA

Tyler Smith
OT Tulsa
MIA

Erik Ezukanma
WR Texas Tech
MIA

Tyler Allgeier
RB BYU
MIA

Cole Strange
OG Chattanooga
MIA

James Empey
OC BYU
MIA

Zander Horvath
RB Purdue
MIA

EJ Perry IV QB Brown

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:12 am

OK, Updating mine after a week of Free Agency:

KC offered #30 and next year's 2nd to move down one spot with both London and Burks on the board (the O-linemen, Johnson and Linderbaum were gone). They wanted 29 and 102 in return, I countered 29 and 121, accepted.

# 30: Treylon Burks, WR.

Both he and London would be great picks, I just like Burks a little bit more.

Hall and Walker both there at 50. Pats offer 54 and 85 for 50 and next year's 4th. I request next year's 3rd instead of 85, accepted.

RB's still top the board at 54, another trade: Jests offer 69, 117, next years third for 54 and next year's 5th. Gives me 7 picks in the first 3 rounds next year (10 still overall) so I do it.

69: LB Christian Harris

BPA at this point.

Moved down from 102 when NE offered 127 and 170. Originally they wanted an exchange of picks next year, but countered this year's picks only and was accepted.

117. IOL Cole Strange

Perfect fit for the blocking scheme and can play either C or G.

125. EDGE Dominique Robinson

Very good chance to develop, from Miami OH. A real sleeper at a position always needed.

127. WR Khalil Shakir

We still need two, IMO, and we end up with another really versatile player with high character.

158. OG Cade Mays

Still here. Can't pass on him (I think he goes about 30 picks earlier at least)

170. OT Max Mitchell

Poor combine hurt his stock, but I'd take him here.

224. FB Zander Horvath

Need a FB in this offense. He might well win the job right away.

247. LB Clarence Hicks

Best fit at this point.

Two 1sts, Two 2nds, Three 3rds, Two 6ths and a 7th next year with the dust settled.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:30 pm

Well, in light of the Hill news, guess I'd better update. still not terrible, got some potential (no trades this time):

MIA

Nik Bonitto
EDGE Oklahoma
MIA

Cole Strange
OG Chattanooga
MIA

John Ridgeway
DT Arkansas
MIA

D'Vonte Price
RB Florida International
MIA

Logan Bruss
OT Wisconsin

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:43 pm

I like the EDGE and G selections.

I'd drop the RB, luxury pick we don't need. Maybe draft a Punter there?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down