The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories starting to leak about the Flores Dolphins...

+3
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Stories starting to leak about the Flores Dolphins... Empty Stories starting to leak about the Flores Dolphins...

Post by JMP Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 am

...and it ain't good.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/albert-wilson-reveals-shocking-details-dolphins-toxic-environment-2021-01g4jckvybsx/partners/40734

Nick Hicks — Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa's personal trainer — discussed [Albert] Wilson's experience in Miami on Phinside the NFL on Wednesday. Hicks said that the veteran wideout told him that the 2021 campaign was the "strangest year of football" in his entire life.

According to Hicks' discussion with Wilson, Dolphins players had to "walk single file down the hallway" and couldn't speak to each other, often "walking on pins and needles." No matter how you slice it, treating players like children isn't an effective way to run a team.

AND

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/pro-tips/tua-tagovailoa-quarterback-hike-hiit-workout/

Quote from Tua:
I have seen some improvements on being able to push the ball down the field once again. I honestly think it’s just practice. I wasn’t really able to push the ball down the field last year because we didn’t have plays specifically to push the ball down the field. A lot of plays that were called last year were meant for one person. Either this person is open, or the play might be dead. It’s a little different now. My second year was different than my rookie year and this year will be different than last year with how we go about doing things. I definitely feel a lot more confident being able to push the ball down the field. It’s going to be exciting.

Last edited by JMP on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stories starting to leak about the Flores Dolphins... Empty Re: Stories starting to leak about the Flores Dolphins...

Post by white1 Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:07 pm

In all seriousness... how did this team go on that epic win streak last year? Minor miracle given all we are hearing about the culture and how bad it got.

Also clearly, keeping Flores was never an option after what transpired. Not even a chance.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Stories starting to leak about the Flores Dolphins... Empty Re: Stories starting to leak about the Flores Dolphins...

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:12 pm

I want to know more about this walking single file down the hallway business. To me that's the most interesting part, especially how all the player just went along with it despite being defiant about everything else these days.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:42 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I want to know more about this walking single file down the hallway business. To me that's the most interesting part, especially how all the player just went along with it despite being defiant about everything else these days.

Well, it was a very young team. Easier for Flores to control and intimidate them maybe???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:46 am

white1 wrote:In all seriousness... how did this team go on that epic win streak last year? Minor miracle given all we are hearing about the culture and how bad it got.

Interesting that the win streak started after Flores reportedly stopped communicating with the coaching staff. And also, the winning came after Tua reportedly stood up to Flores for yelling at another player. Add that to the frustration with the Watson garbage, and maybe the players just rallied around each other at that point? I don't know the answer, but I can for sure say that the Phins won despite Flores's efforts to destroy the team with his bullshit.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:06 am

Three seasons and three stink on ice starts to each season. And with all the changes, the team should have gotten better each season, but the main thing was Flores KEPT screwing up the offense...repeatedly.

What I am disgusted just as much by is not just ToxicTeamKiller's idiocy, but rather that I doubt Steven Ross would have jettisoned TTK if not for his behind the scenes TAMPERING and COLLUSION to get Payton as HC and Brady as QB!

Ross ranks right up there with Snyder as the worst Owner in the NFL IMO.

The only thing stupider might be the Cleveland contract with Watson. Talk about idiots!!!

And Ross got mighty close to trading for Watson I am hearing. The whole not able to get the women to settle and sign NDAs is the only reason Dumbass Ross didn't trade for Watson.

How ironic that maybe TTKs lawsuit is going to force Ross into finally hiring a decent HC and giving Tua a shot?

I am totally disgusted with Steven Ross.

:puke:

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP, DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:37 am

Trust me FF--and I've said this before--you think Ross is bad (and he is) but you absolutely, positively do NOT want him gone, because he'll be replaced by someone far more "woke" who will make Ross seem sane. That's literally the NFL's goal here and it doesn't apply to just Ross, the entire group of team owners is now seen an an evil cabal of whiteys who need replacing by a "council" composed of woke people. That's seriously what is being planned right now, and the Flores suit is just Step One.

As for Flores I just had another thought. It sure is odd how none other than Nick Saban never had a problem with Tua or Minkah (that I'm aware of) and yet neither player could get along with Flores. As our favorite race-baiter Omar would say, that's...telling.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:45 am

its just insane. it defies logic.

“When I got my hands on Tua last year, at the end of his rookie season, he was at 60 percent health. There were basic movements I took him through with range of motion, strength, stability and making sure he didn’t have any setbacks with the hip. The mobility of the hip wasn’t great.”

“Flo [Brian Flores] wanted him to be a certain weight so he could take on hits, which was crazy to me. This year, the plan was lean muscle mass and decrease muscle mass and working on pushing the ball downfield accurately, and throwing it off platform, where your feet aren’t set and you’re moving to your left or right [or back].” Tagovailoa is now at 218 to 220 pounds, down from 225 last season. But the big difference is the 7 percent drop in body fat from 18 months ago.

“He was out of shape,” Hicks said of where Tagovailoa ended his rookie season. “He’s leaner now. It’s going to make him quicker, more swift in the pocket. His movement in the pocket is going to be better. “It was pretty good last year. [But] when he was running down field, he was kind of heavy."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article261229692.html

first you take what makes your highly drafted QB great and destroy it. then you replace him.

Flores reportedly wanted the Dolphins to trade for Deshaun Watson, an idea the Dolphins opted against after Flores’ dismissal.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article260864047.html

it just makes no sense.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:48 am

I was in favor of playing Tua as a rookie, just to get him some experience. But it is clear now, in hindsight, that he really wasn't healthy enough to play.

Regardless, the truly mind-boggling part of that whole decision to start Tua is that Flores made the decision without talking about it with his staff...Gailey apparently wasn't even aware that the decision had been made. Add in the revolving-door offensive staff and the stories about Flo not talking to his coaches for the last half of the 2021 season, and it all adds up to a guy that doesn't know how to communicate. That's a bad trait for a head coach.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:48 pm

it just makes no sense.

mercury22nathan

View user profile Send private message

It makes perfect sense only if you look at it from this angle.

Flores didn't know what he was doing. Both he, and many of his staff members (especially on offense) were in way over their heads. They did not know how to manage a hurt, rookie, QB that was expected to become the face of the franchise.

Add weight to take hits? LOL! Is that what Brady does? No, he does the opposite. Lean muscle and flexibility to be able to roll off of hits without getting hurt. His goal is to have a pliable, lean body that can take the force of a hit in stride without tears and breaks.

Flores treated him like a linebacker he wanted to get bigger to stop the running game better. Ludicrous.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:27 am

Some coaches, now matter how good they are on one side of the ball, have no business coaching the other side of the ball. That was clearly the case with Flores (and Gase, although Gase wasn't good on any side of the ball!)

It will be interesting to see what happens in New England this season, with three non-offensive coaches having a hand in running the offense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:48 pm

JMP wrote:Some coaches, now matter how good they are on one side of the ball, have no business coaching the other side of the ball. That was clearly the case with Flores (and Gase, although Gase wasn't good on any side of the ball!)

It will be interesting to see what happens in New England this season, with three non-offensive coaches having a hand in running the offense.

Bill Bellicheat is the most over rated coach of all time. He lucked into Brady. Brady made the Pats great not Bellicheat!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:29 am

Quite a bizarre situation, the one we learn about it now with the lid taken off.

There is one reason for concern: the improvement of the defense seemed to come from Flores basically taking over the playcalling and cutting himself off from the rest of the staff. Making him in fact a playcaller again, the position he excelled in that got him hired here to begin with.

Boyer hopefully learned something from the drastic improvement of the "D" over the last month of the season. As it turns out, Flores is just like his mentor, who wasn't ready to be a HC in 1991-95 and had some major flaws in his people skills--primarily with his QB as it turned out (Kosar). He was still talented as a DC and made the most of his second chance, but then again he didn't blame everyone and everything else for his failure and sue the league afterwards.....

Still, losing his ability to call a game on that side of the ball is one of the few drawbacks to losing him. Hopefully the retained staff picked up some of that the last half of the season.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:15 pm

That's a good point, Hal.

One thing I like about Boyer is that he's a defensive backs guy, and that's our strongest unit by far. I'm curious to see how his DB background plays into the way he calls a game, if at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down