The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

+5
DolFan 316
JMP
JEGnj
white1
HalCHorn
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action Empty Flores suing the NFL

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:26 pm

Well, the most interesting thing to me is the allegation that Ross was offering $$$ to lose games on purpose in 2019. If true, wouldn't this mean that he'd HAVE to sell the team? (Silver lining?)

https://www.wigdorlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Complaint-against-National-Football-League-et-al-Filed.pdf

HalCHorn

white1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action Empty Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by white1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:27 pm

Ho. Lee. SH#%&^$T

This is an absolute stunning development. I read through the legal filing and it is just JAW DROPPING stuff.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/01/brian-flores-sues-nfl-dolphins-giants-broncos-alleges-racist-hiring-policies/

Ross offering to pay Flores 100k per LOSS in 2019.

Ross setting up a lunch on his yacht, only to ambush Flores with a "prominent QB" (I can only assume DeShaun Watson).

It's filed and public record. The NFL is looking really, really bad right now.

I cannot see how Ross survives as team owner. IMO the NFL should suspend our head coaching search as well. Clearly, Ross won't be calling the shots in Miami much longer.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by white1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Just posted similar thread.

Jaw. Dropping. Stuff. This is first-hand incrimination of an owner telling a head coach to lose games. Also first-hand incrimination of tampering (yacht meeting with "prominent QB" who has to be DaShaun Watson, under contract with Houston).

The truth must be assumed. No one in their right mind just makes it up and files a law suit.

No way Ross survives this. No. Way.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Obviously a lot to sort out here.

While I'd LOVE to see a new owner in Miami ASAP, if there's one thing we've seen in practically everything for years now, never jump to conclusions.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:31 pm

I hope you're right about that last part, for purely selfish reasons. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:32 pm

I agree Hal.

Here's my first take (granted it's been about 3 minutes since I saw the link to the suit).

How and why would Flores make up any of that stuff about Ross? It has to be true. IMO this is equivalent to a "death bed confession". Because Flores has already posted on social media, he is aware that he is essentially ending his NFL career with his actions.

There is no reason for him to lie. He's done. Makes it all the more damning for Ross IMO.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:51 pm

Looks like we made the right decision getting rid of him. Could not get along with ownership and chastised players. When he can't get a new job he cries racism.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:56 pm

**I'm going to merge the 2 threads.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:57 pm

I mean... you're kidding right?

Ross PAYING TO LOSE games, and actively tampering with a quarterback? But Flores is the problem?

I'm stewing over this. Furious. We all knew Grier was tearing the roster down to the studs, but I never believed the team would intentionally lose games. Clearly, Flores WAS NOT intentionally losing games, while Ross was willing to pay him to do so.

What a mess. Ross MUST SELL. How would the fans ever trust him again?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:00 pm

I haven't had a chance to look at the details, but from what I'm seeing so far this is an absolute disaster for the Dolphins.

We are trying to hire a coach right now...how can we do that when the owner and the entire team structure can be blown up at any moment???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:01 pm

A few more observations:

How ironic is it that Ross--who cares so much about what everyone thinks of him and virtue signals like crazy--finds himself in the position of having to defend his hiring practices?  

If the tampering and tanking allegations are true, then Ross sure was taking a big chance by firing Flores in the first place.  Perhaps he thought Flores would be snapped up elsewhere quickly and wouldn't make waves?

Kaepernick---who pretty obviously regressed after getting A) figured out by the league's defensive coordinators after about 20 starts like so many others; B) also coincidentally got a huge contract right before his performance started sliding; and C) tanked an interview rather obviously with the Ravens after being released and went out of his way to price himself out of backup jobs elsewhere (that guys like Dalton, Tannehill, etc parlayed into second chances after sliding themselves)---might not be the support for these allegations that Flores' attorney thinks.

A lot to sort out here.  It says something about this particular ownership regime that I can't just dismiss what appears to be some rather incredible accusations.

Could the Reign of Error in Miami be at an end?

Last edited by HalCHorn on Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:03 pm

The "good" news, if there is any, is that the racist allegations are specifically against the Giants and Broncos, not the Dolphins. The Dolphins-related stuff is just Ross being an idiot.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:08 pm

Well, one thing is certain: Flores will never work in the NFL again.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:28 pm

And that's what makes the suit so credible, IMO.  It's equivalent to a "death bed confession".  He knows he will never coach in the league again, yet he wanted to come forward.

Let's also not overlook one very, very important point.  Someone *on this board* called it, and needs recognition.

DF316 was right!!! Ross IS A NY JETS plant, sent with the sole purpose of destroying the Dolphins.  He went forth systematically.  Pushing out Parcells.  Making move after move to ensure the product on the field would NEVER be a true contender.  Once the football side was destroyed, his last move was this.  

Totally ruining the reputation of the franchise by firing Flores, knowing full well that his pay-for-losing scheme and rampant tampering would be exposed. In this, he successfully tarnished a once-proud franchise and stained the honor of the 17-0 perfect season for ever.

His mission is complete.

Now, we can move forward with a new owner and rebuild the right way.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:54 pm

If any of this is true, the NFL’s punishment against Ross and the Dolphins must be severe. This includes a suspension for Ross, a heavy fine, and perhaps even stripping the Dolphins of draft picks.

This "gem" from PFN.

In what universe would any of this be JUSTICE?

Let's break it down one at a time.

First thought: "Suspension for Ross." I'm not even sure what this means. He's not on the field. He doesn't play or coach the game. What, he can't attend games anymore for a while? Oh dear HOLD ME UP not that!!! Ludicrous - non-punishment if anything.

Second. "A heavy fine". Well how much? Because anything less than about 2 billion dollars won't even raise an eyebrow for Ross. A fine. LOL! Yeah I'm sure he's really sweating the threat of monetary punishment.

Finally, STRIP DRAFT picks. Oh cool, so punish the football operation for the mis steps of the owner. AWESOME.

What does all this mean? Ross, in this scenario, would face essentially ZERO PUNISHMENT. The biggest penalty would be the draft picks, and who does that hurt? The performance of the football team and ultimately, the fans. This while he CONTINUES to own the team, and profit from its operations (largely through TV contract dollars, I would expect attendance and merchandise sales to... plummet). Yet the fans are asked to keep supporting their team and the pay-for-losing, tampering owner still at the helm.

I'm this close to pulling a total DF and suspending my support of the team until Ross sells.

white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:06 pm

white1 wrote:

And that's what makes the suit so credible, IMO.  It's equivalent to a "death bed confession".  He knows he will never coach in the league again, yet he wanted to come forward.

Let's also not overlook one very, very important point.  Someone *on this board* called it, and needs recognition.

DF316 was right!!! Ross IS A NY JETS plant, sent with the sole purpose of destroying the Dolphins.  He went forth systematically.  Pushing out Parcells.  Making move after move to ensure the product on the field would NEVER be a true contender.  Once the football side was destroyed, his last move was this.  

Totally ruining the reputation of the franchise by firing Flores, knowing full well that his pay-for-losing scheme and rampant tampering would be exposed. In this, he successfully tarnished a once-proud franchise and stained the honor of the 17-0 perfect season for ever.

His mission is complete.

Now, we can move forward with a new owner and rebuild the right way.

Dumping Parcells was absolutely the right thing to do. Parcells was doing nothing but collecting checks, and by the end had zero interest in the team.

As for the conspiracy theory, I think you give Ross too much credit. My take is not that he came up with this elaborate plan to ruin the Dolphins, it is that Ross knows absolutely nothing about football and has no idea what he's doing when it comes to the football side of the business. It's not that he's out to destroy the Dolphins, it's that he is incompetent.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Regarding the tampering charge: Can't be Watson, since this was during the 2019-2020 offseason, and O'Brien was still in place and coming off a deep playoff run in Houston. No reason to think that we'd have any shot at getting him, and if we did, all the reason in the world to think that O'Brien could be suckered in a trade since practically everyone was suckering him at the time, right?

No, it has to be Brady, I suppose, since he was the only prominent free agent QB I can think of after the 2019 offseason---but how could that be tampering since Brady was a free agent? Maybe it took place before March 17? But how would Ross think Brady would come to a 5-11 team inside the Patriots' division?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:25 pm

Ultimately this is nothing but Flores throwing a millennial-level hissyfit because he didn't get hired within 2 weeks of his firing like he (and the media) knew he would.

Against my better judgement, I...visited the PFT link and now I'm glad I did. Almost nobody in the comments there is sympathetic to Flores, let's put it that way. This might turn out to be something else that wakes people up to how evil the far left really is. And someone there raised a damn good point.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/01/brian-flores-sues-nfl-dolphins-giants-broncos-alleges-racist-hiring-policies/

As for Stephen Ross, if Brian let those things happen while he was coach and didn’t report them to Roger Goodell immediately that is on him, he kept coaching for Miami, raised no concerns, and was looking forward to next year when he found out he was fired.

And there ya go. If Ross really was destroying the integrity of the league, Flores was essentially giving his consent by not doing or saying anything for 3 years. Which means he *has* to be just as guilty since for 2 years now I've been told by the media that "silence is consent".

And then there's this gem.

So Ross PAID him to tank in 2019? Sooooo, what’s Flo’s explanation for the 7 game losing streak in 2021? Oh, Ross paid him as well for the 7 game losing streak, that’s right.

I love it!!! The blatant hypocrisy is being exposed even BEFORE the suit gets going  cheers  cheers  cheers

BTW gotta love that Flores thinks he'll be joined in this suit by multiple black coaches because nothing says "I want to be an NFL head coach" like suing the NFL for racism  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I wonder if Flores will include this in his suit?

Pretty sure the Broncos hired Vance Joseph from Miami about 4 years ago. Good luck winning that one big guy.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Better take a knee Flores.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:37 pm

NFL caves to wokeism, gets accused of racism just a few years later. Yet more proof that it's time to stop bowing and kowtowing to these far left supporters of global tyranny!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 pm

Also, and trust me on this, you guys absolutely do NOT want Jeff Bezos becoming the new Fins owner. Bezos is part of the cabal of global tyrants trying desperately to eliminate human rights and kill off 80-plus percent of humanity by 2030 while converting the survivors into androids. I'm completely serious. He's right up there with Bill Gates in terms of pure evil.

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:52 pm

The NFL can and should take control of the Dolphins. Ross needs to go.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:13 pm

The PFT comments just get better and better! About the whole "systemic racism" thing...

Warren Moon wasn’t drafted because in college because in his college career he had a 48% completion percentage and a 19/17 TD to INT ratio in his career. He went up to Canada and learned how to play QB, and then the NFL paid him handsomely to play QB for the next 15 years. Who was the first QB drafted in the 1st round that same year? Doug Williams.

If Flores' racism claims are getting torn to shreds this easily in a PFT comment section, he has NO shot in court.

The tanking allegations on the other hand *might* be legit. But if I'm a defense attorney the first thing I'm asking Flores is why he willingly remained the coach for two more years, not saying a word about it that entire time, if he thought what Ross did was so wrong.

If Flores actually wins this, then both the Fins and the NFL become unwatchable, and it'll literally be the beginning of the end of all pro sports. Just as the global tyrants want, I'm sure. Communist nations were never known for their thriving entertainment industries. Just sayin'.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:28 pm

The Super Bowl's just become unwatchable. Four hours of being subjected to yammering about how evil white people are? No thanks. And the "woke" crowd won't be watching either because they hate sports.

As far as I'm concerned, Flores is now yet another minion of global tyranny. If they had planned to divide the nation (yet again) they could not have done a better job than he is right now. Awfully strange how this is suddenly coming out of the blue right as people are starting to rise up against vax mandates, eh? scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:03 pm

Flores is right that there is a clear and obvious disparity in the number of black players compared the number of black executives and coaches. That is blatantly obvious, and everyone knows it.

But unless you can find emails, texts, etc. where someone specifically talks about not hiring someone because they're black, it is going to be really difficult if not impossible to prove racism as the cause of the disparity. Do I believe racism exists at some level? Of course, but again without hard evidence I don't see how it can be proven.

And the other thing that was already brought up: why wasn't Flores shouting from the rooftops when he was getting hired by the evil Miami Dolphins (one of the only teams with a black GM and black executives, by the way)?? And if he was so upset about the way he was treated by Ross, why didn't he file a grievance with the league when these things happened?

Regardless, this is a bad look for everyone involved.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next