The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kooch and Clayton are HOF candidates this year

5 posters

Go down

Kooch and Clayton are HOF candidates this year  Empty Kooch and Clayton are HOF candidates this year

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:29 pm

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/2022/54-semifinalists-named-for-class-of-2023-in-seniors,-coach-contributor-categories/

Glad for them both. Myself, though, I'm kind of rooting for Otis Taylor, who is long overdue for enshrinement, went to my wife's alma mater, and is in poor health at age 80.

I think Holmgren is a strong candidate among the coaches, though Buddy Parker has been deserving for a while too IMO.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kooch and Clayton are HOF candidates this year  Empty Re: Kooch and Clayton are HOF candidates this year

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:24 am

I just want Zach to get in. I've come to terms with Kooch having no shot due to his...political views and his DUI. And of course now he's left this world so he can't speak up for himself.

If Emmitt Thomas can get in then Otis Taylor certainly can. It wouldn't be as absurdly bizarre as a lot of other recent inductions. I do think the 21st century passing game explosion dooms the chances of any WR who played before 1980 but then again Harold Carmichael got in 2 years ago, so...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Kooch and Clayton are HOF candidates this year  Empty Re: Kooch and Clayton are HOF candidates this year

Post by JMP Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:22 am

The anti-Dolphins bias will keep Kooch, Clayton and Zach out of the HoF. It's a shame, because all are absolutely deserving - especially Zach.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:35 pm

Yeah, I think it was Charlie Weis who said that if you didn't gameplan for Zach Thomas he would ruin your offense!

He should be in for sure.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:49 am

You know, just a conspiracy theory on my part.

Do you think the Hall is punishing the Dolphins (Zach in particular) because we keep celebrating every year when the last undefeated team falls?

I know some have gotten in but to be honest that 72 team is the only thing that links 50 years of football to the modern day era. Most players from that era are almost gone.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down