The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Loses 1st round pick in 2023 + 3rd round pick in 2024

+6
mercury22nathan
DolFan 316
JEGnj
JMP
white1
Umix10
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Miami Loses 1st round pick in 2023 + 3rd round pick in 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Miami Loses 1st round pick in 2023 + 3rd round pick in 2024

Post by JMP Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 am

white1 wrote:
gritted my teeth through the drafting of a quarterback that I didn't want,

I still don't believe this, either.  Greir is the opposite of a power-drunk GM.  He will serve the head coach - almost too much - and sometimes to the team's detriment (for example, pushing back and refusing to trade Minkah Fitzpatrick was the correct move).

If Flores wanted Herbert, Grier would have drafted him.  Period.  Flores was on board, totally aligned with taking Tua and only after realizing "gee, young QBs don't join your team and instantly behave like Tom Brady?!" he became disenchanted and started yammering about Watson.

100% correct. Like I said in another post, Grier runs this team as a collaborative effort - and there is zero possibility that he would have drafted Tua if Flores was pounding the table for Herbert. Flores can try to rewrite history all he wants, but we all know he wanted Tua. Once he realized Watson was a possibility, he jumped on that and essentially kicked Tua (and the offensive coaching staff) to the curb.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Miami Loses 1st round pick in 2023 + 3rd round pick in 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Miami Loses 1st round pick in 2023 + 3rd round pick in 2024

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:56 pm

In layperson's terms, if the Dolphins reached out to Brady first, then that's clear tampering. But if Brady reached out to the Dolphins first and the Dolphins failed to report that communication to the NFL, that's also tampering on behalf of Miami.

The evidence doesn't state who initiated talks between Brady and Dolphins minority owner Bruce Beal. Considering the two are good friends, the topic of Brady coming to the Dolphins may have come up multiple times in both casual and more serious conversations.

Regardless of who reached out first, however, Brady was in no danger of facing discipline here -- which may have emboldened him to speak with Beal about heading south to Miami after he had just signed a new contract with the Patriots.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-tom-brady-wasnt-punished-133800986.html

so even if Brady reaches out to Miami, it is Miami's fault. and i guarantee Belichick new of Brady and Beal's close friendship and knew full well Brady may have had conversations - and has been keeping it in his back pocket for just the right time. and the firing of Flores and his fake congratulatory wrong "Brian" text gave him just the right opportunity. he may not be the primary driver of the situation, but he certainly would take the opportunity to benefit from it. this has Beli-shit written all over it.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:13 pm

THis story gets worse the more I hear. Just garbage all around. Evil or Very Mad

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:14 pm

Well Belichek can try and sabotage Miami all he wants. It won't solve his problem drafting receivers, and otherwise being his worse enemy as a GM. Patriots are heading down, just a matter of time.

There is no "Patriot Way" - it was all Tom Brady.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:25 pm

white1 wrote:Well Belichek can try and sabotage Miami all he wants.  It won't solve his problem drafting receivers, and otherwise being his worse enemy as a GM.  Patriots are heading down, just a matter of time.

There is no "Patriot Way" - it was all Tom Brady.

Hell yeah! The Patriots are absolutely on a downward trajectory.

I look forward to Tua increasing his record to 5-0 against the Patriots at season's end. Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:53 pm

I wonder if this fiasco will impact Bruce Beal becoming the next Dolphins' owner?

I don't know much about Beal, but at this point I am not a fan:
--He's great friends with Tom Brady, which is bad enough on its own. But he has also reportedly worn Brady Patriots jerseys to Dolphins games!
--He's great friends with Ross, and is his right-hand man with the Phins. 'Nuff said.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:36 pm

Florio now has a piece up praising Flores for his "integrity" and the Steelers for "having the integrity to hire him" and .... well, it's about what you'd expect from that moron. (Yes, for once I took the click bait. Couldn't resist. Won't make that mistake again)

Hey, Florio, the Dolphins actually gave him the chance to be a HEAD coach, and he flushed it down the toilet.  Steelers didn't even offer him a coordinator job, LB coach was the best he could do after burning every bridge he could--Pats, Giants, Texans.  I suppose "integrity" means throwing tantrums and lashing out at everyone every time they don't get their way in your book.

Florio is one of the reasons sports journalism is at its all-time low these days.  If it weren't for OutKick I wouldn't waste time with any of it.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:41 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Florio now has a piece up praising Flores for his "integrity" and the Steelers for "having the integrity to hire him" and .... well, it's about what you'd expect from that moron.  (Yes, for once I took the click bait.  Couldn't resist.  Won't make that mistake again)

Hey, Florio, the Dolphins actually gave him the chance to be a HEAD coach, and he flushed it down the toilet.  Steelers didn't even offer him a coordinator job, LB coach was the best he could do after burning every bridge he could--Pats, Giants, Texans.  I suppose "integrity" means throwing tantrums and lashing out at everyone every time they don't get their way in your book.

Florio is one of the reasons sports journalism is at its all-time low these days.  If it weren't for OutKick I wouldn't waste time with any of it.

Florio is the definition of "hack".

Where was Flores's integrity when he was undermining his QB and openly pushing to trade for a sexual predator?

Where was Flores's integrity when he ignored his coaching staff for half a season?

Where was Flores's integrity when he pissed on the ONLY NFL team that offered him a head coaching position?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:22 pm

JMP wrote:Florio is the definition of "hack".

Where was Flores's integrity when he was undermining his QB and openly pushing to trade for a sexual predator?

Where was Flores's integrity when he ignored his coaching staff for half a season?

Where was Flores's integrity when he pissed on the ONLY NFL team that offered him a head coaching position?

People like Florio are convinced violent criminals and pedophiles are the "good guys", there's no integrity involved whatsoever. If anything the less of it the better in their eyes. I can't even imagine the mental gymnastics it takes for a straight white male to spew hate towards all other straight white males 24/7 and not even see the irony. Evil or Very Mad

Again, the "woke" crowd is claiming victory in a desperate attempt to deny their anger that Ross and the Fins weren't ruined and ended forever like they "deserved" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Not that those people are ever happy anyway, they literally exist in a permanent state of negative emotion.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:17 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Not that those people are ever happy anyway, they literally exist in a permanent state of negative emotion.

Well said, and so damn true!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:33 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:Not that those people are ever happy anyway, they literally exist in a permanent state of negative emotion.

Well said, and so damn true!

Millennials are the most pampered and spoiled generation in all of human history. All their lives they've had so much handed to them and so much go their way that they create adverse situations in their own minds to "fight" against because a part of them feels worthless for never having to overcome any real adversity. This is why they're constantly yammering about being oppressed in a society where not only have they been allowed to control everything but THEY are in fact the oppressors. Millennials literally have no idea what real struggle and adversity is. But they have to keep pretending to be victims because their entire self-identity is so dependent on it that if they ever got what they keep saying they want, their brains would completely shut down and cease to function. This means they cannot allow themselves to ever be pleased or happy for the sake of their own sanity, which ironically shows they've collectively already lost it.

Okay enough psychoanalysis, let's get back to talking about why Hunter Long needs to be cut Cool

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:48 am

This story is overblown. This has been NFL behavior for a long time. We are only getting punished because the coach we fired was black. The NFL wouldn't take the time to listen to a disgruntled white coach. The woke culture is vindictive.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:04 am

CarsonChris wrote:This story is overblown. This has been NFL behavior for a long time. We are only getting punished because the coach we fired was black. The NFL wouldn't take the time to listen to a disgruntled white coach. The woke culture is vindictive.

And now that so many of their own members have been caught exhibiting the exact same behavior or worse that they've already ruined so many lives over, they're being exposed as the massive hypocrites they always were and have suddenly decided that outrage culture (which they literally invented) is now a bad thing. The about-face is truly mind-blowing.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:45 am

Dumbass Ross trying everything He can to try and Win a Super Bowl before he Drops Dead. So Let’s have the other Minority Owner do the Dirty Work before he Buys the Team in the Future . What a Shit Show and now we will think about the Two Quality Player’s that we won’t get. I can’t wait till the season starts and this can go to the back burner for a while.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:45 am

It's Ross. It's always been Ross.

If we luck up and actually have a good season it will only be by accident because Ross is a stupid, dumbarse billionaire who knows next to nothing about football.

If Tua tanks this season the loss of that 1st rounder next year is going to be as damaging as two years of Wannstedt's drafting IMO!

And the freakin' OWNER did it to the team.

I am as disgusted with this team as I was when Huizenga kept Wanny as HC!

We have to hope that McDaniel and Tua can somehow overcome the damage done by one of the worst owners in NFL History IMO.

Just a pompous dumbarse! It is just incredible to me that the foolish dingbat never seems to learn anything. He just keeps making the same freakin' mistakes!!!

Evil or Very Mad
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:03 pm

Having that extra first from the 49ers really makes the punishment much easier to take.

I wouldn't necessarily call Ross a bad owner. He does try, and he's willing to spend money. The problem is, he should not be allowed to do anything related to football. Just write checks and keep quiet. His complete lack of football sense is the problem. In the end, I think I'd lean more toward "stupid owner" than "bad owner". And despite that, we now have a team that is capable of contending - so it isn't all negative.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:02 pm

JMP wrote:I wonder if this fiasco will impact Bruce Beal becoming the next Dolphins' owner?

Well, I don't have to wonder anymore. Ross is now working to pass the team to his daughter when he steps down. I think Beal is still with the Phins, but he will not be the next owner.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/08/bruce-beal-jr-out-as-next-dolphins-owner-ross-to-hand-team-to-his-daughter/

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2