The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope

3 posters

Go down

Hope Empty Hope

Post by CarsonChris Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:48 pm

I hope Miami looks this good all season long as they did in the first quarter of today's pre-season game.

Tua looks comfortable in this offense.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hope Empty Re: Hope

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:24 pm

Good gawd almighty, I can't remember the last time I saw or even heard about any team winning a preseason game 41-3 Shocked Shocked Shocked

I see that Reid Sinnett is Philly's sacrificial lamb. Remember him? Last season he was supposed to be what Skylar is now.

Also, Bridgewater was 4 for 10 while the mighty Skylar is 5 of 7 with 2 TDs. Can the Fins please stop pretending Bridgewater "deserves" to be the #2 guy and trade him already?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:38 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Good gawd almighty, I can't remember the last time I saw or even heard about any team winning a preseason game 41-3 Shocked Shocked Shocked

I see that Reid Sinnett is Philly's sacrificial lamb. Remember him? Last season he was supposed to be what Skylar is now.

Also, Bridgewater was 4 for 10 while the mighty Skylar is 5 of 7 with 2 TDs. Can the Fins please stop pretending Bridgewater "deserves" to be the #2 guy and trade him already?

Drop dead Ted! Skylar not only deserves to be number 2 but he looks like a starter. If Tua becomes a legitimate #1 player we might be able to get a few key draft picks for Skylar.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:45 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Drop dead Ted!  Skylar not only deserves to be number 2 but he looks like a starter. If Tua becomes a legitimate #1 player we might be able to get a few key draft picks for Skylar.

The drop dead part is in poor taste, considering a team official literally did just that today. The rest I agree with.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:05 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Drop dead Ted!  Skylar not only deserves to be number 2 but he looks like a starter. If Tua becomes a legitimate #1 player we might be able to get a few key draft picks for Skylar.

The drop dead part is in poor taste, considering a team official literally did just that today. The rest I agree with.

Oh crap. Didn't know that. My reference was to the movie Drop Dead Fred. That movie had my teenage crush in it!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Anyone buying the stomach bug being the reason the teams didn't work out day 2?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:36 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Anyone buying the stomach bug being the reason the teams didn't work out day 2?  

Nope. But then again, that seems to fall under the ever increasing category of things you're not supposed to talk about for...reasons.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:46 pm

Also, 48 to freaking 10. In a preseason game. MAYBE other teams have won by that kind of score this time of year but never this one, not in the 40 years I've been a fan. I just feel bad for CC that Carson Strong had to be involved in this. I'd totally forgotten he was signed by the Eagles.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:11 am

Didn't see the game yet, but read up on it. Only preseason, but sounds like one of the best Dolphins games in years! EVERYONE (except Preston) made plays. Even Eich and Iggy looked good!

But the biggest takeaway for me is OL. From what I heard, they were outstanding all game. Greg Little dominated at LT and Solomon Kindley kicked major ass, by all accounts. Even Coleman looked good at RT. This is EXACTLY what the team needed to build confidence moving forward. Very positive night for this entire line. Really highlights how godawful the coaching was last season.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:02 am

JMP wrote:Didn't see the game yet, but read up on it. Only preseason, but sounds like one of the best Dolphins games in years! EVERYONE (except Preston) made plays. Even Eich and Iggy looked good!

But the biggest takeaway for me is OL. From what I heard, they were outstanding all game. Greg Little dominated at LT and Solomon Kindley kicked major ass, by all accounts. Even Coleman looked good at RT. This is EXACTLY what the team needed to build confidence moving forward. Very positive night for this entire line. Really highlights how godawful the coaching was last season.

A replay will be on NFL Network at 6 AM Central (so 7 AM your time). I also found out the Fins set a franchise record for most points in a preseason game.

Normally I take anything preseason-related with a massive dose of salt and I know Philly was playing backups and fringe roster types only but hot damn...this still feels like a HUGE deal, especially considering the Eagles media came swaggering into Miami with this 'we're so much better than these scrubs" attitude only to see their boys get their collective asses handed to them in practice Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:23 am

Miami looks different this game. The receivers are running wide open.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down