The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no hope for Miami youth

+2
DolFan 316
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

no hope for Miami youth Empty no hope for Miami youth

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Barry Jackson wrote:The Dolphins made this abundantly clear during the offseason:

They need to develop their young players, mostly their own draft picks, and give them meaningful roles, instead of throwing free agent money at every position.

As a theory, in a vacuum, that approach seems prudent.

But it doesn’t work if the players are flawed.

And in the Dolphins’ case, that invest-in-your-own approach hasn’t worked out nearly as well as management hoped at three positions that concerned them all offseason: guard, strong-side linebacker and boundary cornerback

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article46112770.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article46112770.html

From this article Miami young players are hopeless. Taylor, Thomas, Douglas and Turner are all at the bottom of the PPF list and don't have a hope of getting better.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

no hope for Miami youth Empty Re: no hope for Miami youth

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Jamar Taylor might as well be Jamar Fletcher.

Hey, *somebody* had to say it. If anything Fletcher might have been slightly better. He at least had a couple of INTs in his three years as a Fin. Taylor has squat. How depressing is that? Crying or Very sad

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FletJa20.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylJa01.htm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:12 am

The only difference between Hickey and Ireland is that Ireland has one more letter in his name. Other than that, they're essentially the same shitty GM.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:51 am

Degarmo wrote:The only difference between Hickey and Ireland is that Ireland has one more letter in his name.  Other than that, they're essentially the same shitty GM.

At least Hickey has an excuse of being like the tenth choice while Ireland was a hand-picked Parcells prodigy.

But yeah, it's uncanny how both of them just love to draft and sign injury-prone players.

The funny thing is, when I first read the post title, I really thought Rightchea was talking about how kids in Miami these days had literally grown up never knowing how great this team once was and never would. And then I thought he might actually be making a larger point about there being no hope for kids in that area in general.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:12 am

Anyone else find it ironic that we dumped Odrick and Starks, and now have seemingly no one teed up for 2016 on the defensive line other than Suh? Oh, and we burned a 2nd round pick on a DT this year also.

OV is apparently going to break the bank, so he's gone.

I believe Shelby is an UFA also, not that he's anything great.

Mitchell? Sucks.

Wake is getting old, now will be coming off major injury. Probably not on the roster in 2016.

Who are we left with? I guess Fede and McCain become starters - I hope they are ready for it.

Anyways, just add it to the list - DE is a big need going into 2016. Yeah, great front office that knows how to buidl a roster!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:32 am

It is going to depend on the HC IMO.

Get a good HC in that can bring some stability and instill a sense of confidence in the team, but more importantly instill some LEADERSHIP...and we can maybe start to see the Phins dig out of the hole they are in...have been in...for decades.

My guess though: Ross and Tannebaum hump the remains of the last pooch Ross screwed to death. Another half-arsed, half measure, SAD SETTLING for the least BAD of the Bottom candidates.

How can anyone look at Ross' history and expect anything ELSE??

Needless to say, my confidence in Ross' ability as an owner is nil.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 pm

As bad as the coaching has been, I think priority #1 is on-field talent. And that means hiring a GM and scouting staff that know what they're doing. There's been far too many wasted draft picks and crappy free agent signings, and nothing will change for this team until a legitimate scouting and drafting system is put in place. Of course, you also need the coaches to develop the young players, but step one is getting the players.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Degarmo wrote:The only difference between Hickey and Ireland is that Ireland has one more letter in his name.  Other than that, they're essentially the same shitty GM.

Is Hickey still around. I mean all the pictures that I have seen there is no Hickey in any of them. Has he been fired already or are they keeping him out of the spotlight

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down