The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua is so short

+3
JEGnj
JMP
CarsonChris
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tua is so short Empty Tua is so short

Post by CarsonChris Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 am

In Tua's press conference today he says he can't see his receivers because the line is in the way. That's the reason he can't find open receivers over the middle. He's to short. Man o man. No fixing that!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Tua is so short Empty Re: Tua is so short

Post by JMP Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:32 am

CarsonChris wrote:In Tua's press conference today he says he can't see his receivers because the line is in the way. That's the reason he can't find open receivers over the middle. He's to short. Man o man. No fixing that!

The statement didn't imply that Tua is too short. He's not - he's taller than Brees, Wilson and Murray. What he meant was that he can't see receivers through traffic - not because he's too short, but because NO ONE can see receivers through traffic. That's a basic tenet of football: whether a QB is 5 feet tall or 7 feet tall, he throws to receivers in passing lanes - where he has a clear view of the receiver and the defenders. You don't just randomly throw the ball - you throw when you have a passing lane that enables you to see where you're throwing, who you're throwing to, and where the defenders are. Of course, you could just randomly heave it up Jay Cutler-style and hope the ball isn't intercepted...but that's not what good QBs do - good QBs use the available passing lanes.

If Tua was too short, he'd have passes batted down left and right. But he doesn't. In fact, no NFL QB had fewer passes batted down at the line than Tua last season...I think he had just 1. In contrast, taller QBs like Ryan Tannehill (6'4") and Brock Osweiler (6'7") have passes batted at the line all the time (especially Tannehill). This is football 101, and has nothing at all to do with height.

Tua is not good at talking to the media. That's a fact. He certainly could have worded this better, but the fact is, what he said is true of any QB regardless of height. But of course, it's much easier to take it out of context to fit the agenda.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:39 am

Hey Carson - check your private messages here...I sent you a note about fantasy football. Thanks!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:14 pm

NEW SEASON.
As far as I am concerned Tua was our winning QB for week 1 with a talented team and coaching staff that will back him. He is a Captain. OL was not great but they need to be good. The last few years was growing and learning.
Tua has 17 games to show everyone "I'm The Man and F You". I am not going to say I have confidence he will be a franchise QB but I hope he has the tools to grow into one. If he goes out and brings this team to the Playoffs and has some big games we back him. If he has some games that we lost but could have won if we had a better QB he is out.
I don't give a flying f about tweets and what the media says or predicts. Everything is just speculation until the end of 2022.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:56 am

yes, Tua is too short. sure he wins, but height matters. give me all 6 feet and 6 inches of guy like Herbert who can see the field. i mean sure, he wilts in the 4th quarter. like last night with his interception returned for a 99 yard TD to give the Chiefs the lead and subsequent win. but hey, at least he's tall. inches over wins!!

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:03 am

(Peeks into this thread, sees guys chattering about men's size like a group of women, leaves.) pale

Obligatory "not that there's anything wrong with that" of course Wink

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:58 am

mercury22nathan wrote:yes, Tua is too short.  sure he wins, but height matters.  give me all 6 feet and 6 inches of guy like Herbert who can see the field.  i mean sure, he wilts in the 4th quarter.  like last night with his interception returned for a 99 yard TD to give the Chiefs the lead and subsequent win.  but hey, at least he's tall.  inches over wins!!

Last night was a summary of Justin Herbert: starts off strong, disappears in the second half (zero points and three consecutive 3-and-outs when the game was still in the balance), chokes in the red zone, and then pads his stats in garbage time when the game is already lost.  You know what I call that?  A compiler.  His stats look great, he's a tough guy for throwing a TD while injured, blah, blah, blah.  It all adds up to a career record of 16-18.  Bottom line: he's not a winner, and constantly crumbles in pressure situations.  

Let's all destroy Tua for winning a game with zero turnovers, but we'll heap praise on Herbert for losing yet again, throwing inaccurate passes and a redzone pick 6 (with a clean pocket, BTW).  While we're at it, let's pretend that Mahomes didn't lead his team to just 20 points and throw 5 passes that could've/should've been intercepted.  Nah, none of that matters - all that matters is that Tua sucks.

And speaking of QBs...can we all just admit that Trevor Lawrence sucks?  Funny how that narrative is non-existent in the media, but we can't hear enough about how bad Tua is.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:35 pm

JMP wrote:And speaking of QBs...can we all just admit that Trevor Lawrence sucks?  Funny how that narrative is non-existent in the media, but we can't hear enough about how bad Tua is.

funny how Lawrence gets a pass because Urban Meyer "ruined" him, but Tua doesn't get that same benefit because of Flores who overtly undermined him. hmm, what could be the difference? Urban vs. Flores. why is one called out and the other, well...you know...

Tua's situation is a lot like Brees. he was crushed his first few years and compared against Eli who was showing up in the post-season. once Brees got in a stable situation, all the noise stopped. in retrospect, all things equal, i'm not sure many teams would take Eli (2 SB trophies an all) over Brees. once Tua makes the playoffs, the noise will stop and Herbert will be Eli - without the actual wins.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:15 pm

JEGnj wrote:NEW SEASON.
As far as I am concerned Tua was our winning QB for week 1 with a talented team and coaching staff that will back him. He is a Captain. OL was not great but they need to be good. The last few years was growing and learning.
Tua has 17 games to show everyone "I'm The Man and F You". I am not going to say I have confidence he will be a franchise QB but I hope he has the tools to grow into one. If he goes out and brings this team to the Playoffs and has some big games we back him. If he has some games that we lost but could have won if we had a better QB he is out.
I don't give a flying f about tweets and what the media says or predicts. Everything is just speculation until the end of 2022.

This is the post of the season so far. Well said, JEG!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:12 pm

Looks like Tua stood tall today!

No, I just couldn't resist the obvious pun Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:43 pm

Sucks having a QB that is so short he can only throw 6 TDs in one game. WTF.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:49 pm

Props to Tua for finally having an NFL worthy game! Hopefully this is the game that turns his career around and he goes into the rest of the season with confidence!

There is no doubt we made the right coaching move. Flores was a dumpster fire.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:52 pm

The difference between Flores and McDaniel is so big that I can't think of a comparison that does it justice. It's so much more than night and day. With Flores as coach, we lose this game probably 50-something to nothing. No question.

This team believes in their head coach. That's what I learned today.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:45 am

Mike Tannenbaum, who has been the biggest Tua hater of all, had just one comment on his Twitter account about the Dolphins-Ravens game, posted at halftime:

Mike Tannenbaum
@RealTannenbaum
·
19h
Lamar Jackson through 6 Quarters this year:

423 yards
6 TD's
1 pick

After the game, he didn't post one damn word about Tua...not one. I don't think there's anyone in the media that I hate more than this piece of shit. I still can't believe a major TV network actually pays this clown for his bullshit opinions. Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:55 am

Now, this is good to see. A hater showing some respect and giving props, without acting like a total fraud:

Chris Simms
@CSimmsQB

15m
What a great day for QBs who are under a microscope. Tua showing composure and getting the ball out there to Tyreek and Waddle. Daniel Jones making just enough throws and using his legs on key downs late. And good on Jared Goff, who had to match Wentz in that 2nd half

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:59 am

JMP wrote:After the game, he didn't post one damn word about Tua...not one.  I don't think there's anyone in the media that I hate more than this piece of shit.  I still can't believe a major TV network actually pays this clown for his bullshit opinions.  Mad

TBH I'd rather the Tua haters not say anything than pretend they liked him all along and it was this mysterious group of "other" media members who "hated" him. Nothing's worse than phoniness IMO.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 am

yep, Tannenbaum is an asshat with an ax to grind against the Phins. i don't take anything he says seriously. here is what he said about Tua on the eve of the season.

ESPN’s Mike Tannenbaum: “I think they’ll be the third-best team in the division because of the quarterback. [New England’s] Mac Jones is more consistent inside the pocket. From a skill set standpoint, Mac is the more consistent player.

“If I’m Miami, they still have a first-round pick in San Francisco’s. But that puts them behind Houston, Detroit, Seattle and Philly. Those teams have two first-round picks.

“If they look at the landscape this year and next year, knowing it’s going to be hard for them to get up in the draft, they might want to consider Jimmy Garoppolo as their best option because this is a playoff-caliber team besides the quarterback position. I’ve got to keep at least one eye on Garoppolo because he could be their best option not just short term but years to come..”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article264017431.html

WTF? that is so off-base. an idiotic thought. there's a reason he's not in the league anymore.

i would say, "i wonder what he thinks now?" but i don't care what he thinks now. what a complete boob.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:07 am

Tannenbaum is the biggest fraud in sports media. He is absolutely clueless and his takes are just nonsensical. He stole money from the Jets and Dolphins for years with his brutal incompetence, and now he's found a way to steal money from ESPN and use his stupidity in a new way. Give him credit...he's found a way to get paid for being dumb.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:08 am

mercury22nathan wrote:WTF?  that is so off-base.  an idiotic thought.  there's a reason he's not in the league anymore.

i would say, "i wonder what he thinks now?"  but i don't care what he thinks now.  what a complete boob.

You know a guy's got nothing to offer when even STEPHEN FREAKING ROSS gets rid of him for not knowing enough about football Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:09 am

JMP wrote:Tannenbaum is the biggest fraud in sports media.  He is absolutely clueless and his takes are just nonsensical.  He stole money from the Jets and Dolphins for years with his brutal incompetence, and now he's found a way to steal money from ESPN and use his stupidity in a new way.  Give him credit...he's found a way to get paid for being dumb.

Sadly, he's far from the only one. Getting paid good money for spewing utter nonsense is a cottage industry now, in all aspects of life. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:47 am

JMP wrote:Mike Tannenbaum, who has been the biggest Tua hater of all, had just one comment on his Twitter account about the Dolphins-Ravens game, posted at halftime:

Mike Tannenbaum
@RealTannenbaum
·
19h
Lamar Jackson through 6 Quarters this year:

423 yards
6 TD's
1 pick

After the game, he didn't post one damn word about Tua...not one.  I don't think there's anyone in the media that I hate more than this piece of shit.  I still can't believe a major TV network actually pays this clown for his bullshit opinions.  Mad

Well, Wannstedt is employed as a college football expert analyst on your TV every Saturday, despite being arguably an even worse college coach than he was in the NFL.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:04 pm

HalCHorn wrote:
Well, Wannstedt is employed as a college football expert analyst on your TV every Saturday, despite being arguably an even worse college coach than he was in the NFL.

VERY good point!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:02 pm

This is a killer video...shows how the work Tua did this offseason directly translated to his play on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571901146511310848

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:57 pm

I think it is all Coaching. Flores couldn't coach Tom Brady into being a good QB. McDaniel might even be able to make Josh Rosen into a good QB!

Shocked

Well... That might be hyperbole. I mean...

Laughing

That game was the EXACT Sort of game the Phins would lose when ToxicTeamKiller Flores was the HC.

And it all happened when the Oline was still in flux!

Man, what difference coaching and scheme make on the Offense!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:53 am

Colin Cowterd...

Despite the impressive performance, Colin Cowherd is skeptical of Tagovailoa’s ability, as he credits the Ravens’ failures for the quarterback’s success.

“Tua is gonna start putting up big numbers, as we predicted all offseason, and you’re gonna get fooled and suddenly think he’s great,” Cowherd said. “Congratulations for hitting a bunch of wide-open guys on broken coverage. He’s still small, not very athletic, with an average deep arm. Folks, if you can’t hit some of these throws in the NFL, these are layups…

“This is so predictable. They give him an offense coach. They get him Tyreek Hill. He already had Jaylen Waddle, who’s in year two. They get him Cedrick Wilson. Both the running backs look dynamic. They get him an All-Pro left tackle. His numbers go up, as we told you they would, and everybody freaks out.”

Cowherd goes on to say that the Dolphins will win games, and Tagovailoa will put up stats, but he’s not Josh Allen, Justin Herbert or Lamar Jackson. He compares him more to Jimmy Garoppolo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-cowherd-believes-tua-tagovailoa-120027658.html

screw him. he can suck it.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next