The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another defensive back lost: Brandon Jones on IR

5 posters

Go down

Another defensive back lost: Brandon Jones on IR Empty Another defensive back lost: Brandon Jones on IR

Post by JMP Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:55 am

Safety Brandon Jones has been placed on IR. He hasn't been officially ruled out for the season, but we'll learn more on Wednesday.

This team just can't catch a break in the secondary...non-stop injuries. This one is a huge loss. No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another defensive back lost: Brandon Jones on IR Empty Re: Another defensive back lost: Brandon Jones on IR

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:07 pm

Injuries are piling up for every team everywhere it seems, and they keep increasing despite players apparently being in better shape than ever. This directly coincides with the NFLPA (you know, that group that's so concerned about player safety) getting practice time reduced after whining about how they were too long and too tough. As usual, millennial complaining ends up only making things worse.

They (and we) just have to go on. What other choice is there? I'm at least glad the D somehow seems to have put on its best two performances in the last two games. Maybe Iggy can go on an INT spree, wouldn't that be mind-blowing? Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another defensive back lost: Brandon Jones on IR Empty Re: Another defensive back lost: Brandon Jones on IR

Post by JMP Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:39 pm

Brandon Jones is now officially gone for the entire season. Confirmed ACL tear. I guess we'll get a look at the rookie, Verone McKinley.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:28 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Maybe Iggy can go on an INT spree, wouldn't that be mind-blowing? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am fairly sure that is one of the signs of an impending apocalypse!!! Evil or Very Mad

Still, he didn't totally stink out there against Pickett. But it was against rookie QB.

They ain't gonna cut him with DBs dropping like flies!

If he saves another game or two I may stop begrudging his still being on the team!

What a Face Laughing

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:01 pm

Iggy actually played pretty well against the Vikings, and drew Thielen in man coverage more than once. Held his own. Possible the coaching is starting to take hold - the team knew he was a raw prospect coming in.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:06 am

white1 wrote:Iggy actually played pretty well against the Vikings, and drew Thielen in man coverage more than once.  Held his own.   Possible the coaching is starting to take hold - the team knew he was a raw prospect coming in.

One thing I notice about Iggy is that he usually has good coverage - he's often in the right spot at the right time. But he seems to have trouble making a play on the ball. The TD he gave up Sunday was just a perfect pass and catch - nothing he could've done about that one. But on a lot of other catches he allows, he is in position to make a play and just doesn't. To me, that's actually a good sign - because coverage and positioning are the first step. Hopefully the coaches can work with him on finding the ball and reacting quicker - I think that can be taught, and hammered in with practice. We're still talking about a guy that is only 22 years old and hasn't played much - but maybe he's finally starting to get it??? This Lions game will be another big test - they have a strong pass game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:09 am

Very much pulling for Iggy. He pans out, that draft starts to look a LOT better. On the extreme upside, we could afford to move on from Byron Jones.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:48 pm

Hopefully the pick has Iggy playing with more confidence. Maybe it's his ahha moment

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:26 pm

I think it's very telling that the one DB Flores wanted lagged so far behind every other DB that's been drafted and signed as undrafted rookies. It's not Iggy's fault he was drafted so high--he was always a project player who literally had to learn how to play CB from the ground up. Maybe three seasons in he's finally starting to get it.

Even if he does literally nothing else besides getting toasted and roasted, Iggy can at least say he had more INTs as a Fin than this guy. Anyone else remember him?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylJa01.htm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:03 pm

Of course I remember Jamar Taylor! He actually managed to stay in the league for 8 years, but man what a bust for the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down