The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bye Week

+3
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JEGnj
7 posters

Go down

Bye Week Empty Bye Week

Post by JEGnj Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:54 pm

JEsTS vs Patsies. can we get a tie?

Bills game moved to Detroit due to forecast of up to 5 feet of snow. I can't imagine 5 feet in a weekend.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Bye Week Empty Re: Bye Week

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:02 pm

JEGnj wrote:JEsTS vs Patsies. can we get a tie?

A tie would be the worst possible outcome believe it or not. Also, it would remind me of how that damn Steelers-Lions tie cost this team a playoff spot last season Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Bills game moved to Detroit due to forecast of up to 5 feet of snow. I can't imagine 5 feet in a weekend.

They were already playing in Detroit on Thanksgiving. Unless you somehow mean their game VS the Browns has been moved there for some odd reason scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:19 pm

JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:21 pm

I just now saw that it's actually true wow that is crazy Shocked Shocked Shocked

IMO the NFL should have the Fins play the 49ers in the Chargers stadium to make it fair. Yes, I'm serious.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:22 pm

My nephew plays for King's College in PA and they are playing in their 1st ever playoff game. He is sophomore and plays every ST snap and occasion TE. Got his first TD last weekend.
Going Sat to the game Saturday but not looking forward to 2 1/2 hour drive.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:34 pm

GO JEGNJ'S NEPHEW GO!!! AND THE TEAM TOO!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

JMP and JEGnj like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:20 pm

Jets vs. Pats. Good news is someone has to lose. Smile

Guess I can give FAU full attention this weekend with the bye.

Although I still think FAU needs to move on from Taggart, they've been coming on strong and may save his job if they can pull it off at MTSU this week, giving them bowl eligibility. I still think they need to get into a bowl AND win it otherwise it is definitely time to move on.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:14 am

of course week 11 is way too early to start wargaming scenarios - and if the Dolphins take care of their own business, none of this matters - but since its a bye week and there is nothing else to do...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

if the Jets win this weekend, Miami drops from 2nd to 5th in the playoff race due to head-to-head advantage (the reason why it is imperative that Miami win the re-match against NYJ).

note that despite the Titans winning last night, Miami still has the advantage over them due to strength of victory (because both currently have a 5-2 conference record).

and while we're talking things related to strength of schedule - look at the Chargers. despite having played the weakest schedule in the AFC, they're still only 5-4 and of their 8 remaining games, 5 of them have losing records. i could see them backing into the playoffs simply on weak opponents only to get trounced right off the bat - but don't worry, the media will felate Herbert as being some amazing QB leading his team to the playoffs. and while a Jets and Chiefs loss would put the Dolphins at 1st in the AFC, i would so love to see KC curb-stomp SD/LA this weekend.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:54 am

I will be rooting for Pats over Jets. I'm sick of hearing all the Jets fans around here flap their gums.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:39 am

Along with JMP tired of hearing about Jets and Sauce Gardner.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:01 pm

JEGnj wrote:My nephew plays for King's College in PA and they are playing in their 1st ever playoff game. He is sophomore and plays every ST snap and occasion TE. Got his first TD last weekend.  
Going Sat to the game Saturday but not looking forward to 2 1/2 hour drive.

SO...how'd everything go?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:08 pm

Pats-Jets was the best of all worlds IMO--Pats win and both teams look like hot garbage burning in a dumpster fire. If Tua's healthy I can't see the Fins losing to either.

The Lions win sure looks a lot better now, doesn't it? There's a reason why I was convinced that would be a loss. Bills still seem a lot shakier than earlier and now I think the Lions can actually take them, or at least expose more of their weaknesses.

Vikings finally get exposed after all the lucky, fluky wins they've had all season. THIS is the team the Bills couldn't beat at home a week ago??? I'm telling you all right now, the Tampax Bay Bradys are going to win the NFC. I absolutely hate it, but they will.

Nathaniel Hackett legit needs to be fired for losing to the team that lost to Jeff Freaking Saturday. Russell Wilson is the biggest FA bust I can remember in years.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 am

Right now I'm rooting against every AFC team with 6 or more wins to lose. I had hoped the Browns were going to win over Bills. That 11 game suspension is almost over. Browns could push for a wild card. It's going to be a wild end to the season in the AFC.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:18 am

My thoughts on yesterday's games:

--Mac Jones sucks...but he looks like a Hall of Famer compared to Zach Wilson. I don't think I've ever seen a worse QB - I really mean that. There was one play where he had a totally clean pocket, and threw a pass to a wide open back (or maybe it was a WR) near the line of scrimmage - a pass even a monkey could make. Wilson threw it about 10 yards over the receiver's head. Just brutal. And then after the game he refused to take accountability for the pathetic offense. The Jets D is good - real good - but that team is going nowhere fast with Wilson. They had 103 yards of total offense yesterday...with just 2 total yards in the second half. The Jets will get to play the Bears without Fields (probably) next week, so they have a chance there - but I don't see a lot of wins on their remaining schedule.

--Justin Herbert gets the ball with 30 seconds left and 3 timeouts, needing only to get into FG range to tie the game. Surely, the big strong football god with the golden arm can do that! Ummm...no. On play one, he inexplicably runs straight ahead (a QB draw for some reason, I guess???), into the waiting arms of Chris Jones for a 5-yard loss. On play 2, while under pressure, he throws a ball up for grabs, off his back foot, to a covered receiver. The pass gets intercepted. In a colossal division battle, he led his team to just 7 second half points, and choked when he had a chance to tie it. So typical of Herbert's entire football career. And oh yeah, Mahomes to Kelce is already one of the best duos in NFL history...just unstoppable.

--I wasn't quite sold on the Vikes, but I did not expect a 40-3 smackdown by the up-and-down Cowboys. Wow!

--The Bills defense appears to be wilting as the season goes on. In recent weeks, they have struggled against the run. Yesterday they shut down the run, but got shredded by Jacoby Brissett. If not for some horrible Browns playcalling (2 consecuutive QB sneaks on 3rd and 4th down for no gain?? Really???), the Bills could easily have lost that game. That offense is still amazing, but defensively they are struggling. I'm sure they'll beat the Lions, but that Detroit offense can do some damage against them.

--The Bengals have now gotten 8 TDs total from two different running backs the past two games. Crazy.

--The Raiders and Broncos...just bad teams with awful coaches. The Broncos defense dominates almost every week and they still manage to lose almost every game because their offensive-minded head coach has no idea how to run an offense. The Raiders are just lost...no direction at all. And people actually thought these teams would knock off the Chiefs! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:43 am

My Wife was actually Watching the Sunday Night Game with Me and said Nice Td when Chargers Scored with 1:46 Left and I said Chiefs are going to Score and Win, Chargers and Last Minute Losses go Hand in Hand with each Other.

Losing By a Punt Return with 5 seconds Left in the Game is so Comical.

I was watching a Youtube Video about Passing Plays of 95 yards or more in NFL History. John Taylor from the Niners had 3 Td's of over 95 Yards in His Career and Everyone of them was a Short Pass and He weaving in and out until He hit the Sideline and was Gone. Two from Montana & One from Young. Thought that was Interesting.

Chiefs are Starting to Look a Step above everyone else in the AFC again. Mahomes & Kelce just Dominate especially If You single Cover Kelce.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:13 am

finskev wrote:
Chiefs are Starting to Look a Step above everyone else in the AFC again. Mahomes & Kelce just Dominate especially If You single Cover Kelce.

I loved how Collinsworth was praising the Chargers early for using different players to cover Kelce...safeties, CBs, LBs. In the end, it didn't matter - you cannot cover Kelce with a single player - ever. I wonder who they were doubling, because the Chiefs were playing without their top 2 WRs, and Kadarious Toney left the game early. Terrible play design if you're singling Kelce when there are literally no other receivers that scare you. Then again, the only thing the Chargers have been consistent with for the past decade plus is having terrible coaching!

On another note, my favorite stat of the weekend: the Texans had just 5 yards of offense in the first half yesterday...which is more than double what the Jets produced in the second half! Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:06 pm

JMP wrote:--Justin Herbert gets the ball with 30 seconds left and 3 timeouts, needing only to get into FG range to tie the game.  Surely, the big strong football god with the golden arm can do that!  Ummm...no.  On play one, he inexplicably runs straight ahead (a QB draw for some reason, I guess???), into the waiting arms of Chris Jones for a 5-yard loss.  On play 2, while under pressure, he throws a ball up for grabs, off his back foot, to a covered receiver.  The pass gets intercepted.  In a colossal division battle, he led his team to just 7 second half points, and choked when he had a chance to tie it.  So typical of Herbert's entire football career.  And oh yeah, Mahomes to Kelce is already one of the best duos in NFL history...just unstoppable.

The media is bashing and trashing the Raiders and Broncos for their abject ineptitude--and rightfully so. But what the media will never tell you is that the Chargers currently have a WORSE point differential for the season than BOTH of them! But...but they have the mighty Herbert! HOW can this BE?!?!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

--I wasn't quite sold on the Vikes, but I did not expect a 40-3 smackdown by the up-and-down Cowboys.  Wow!

The Vikings are 8-2...with a -2 point differential. That is not a typo. I have not yet researched for sure whether any other 8-2 team in NFL history's had a PD that bad, but I can't imagine any who have.

EDIT: Turns out I was right--from a point differential standpoint at least, the Vikings really are the worst 8-2 team ever and the only one in the negative! At least they beat the Bills Twisted Evil

https://stathead.com/tiny/8Jyv9

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:07 am

DolFan 316 wrote:from a point differential standpoint at least, the Vikings really are the worst 8-2 team ever and the only one in the negative! At least they beat the Bills  Twisted Evil

https://stathead.com/tiny/8Jyv9

That is a crazy stat!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:45 pm

I Looked at the Schedules of our 3 AFC East Teams. Here is My Prediction for Them.

Bills: 12-5
Pats: 8-9
Jets: 8-9

Pats and Jets Offenses are the Problems for these Two Teams and will cost them Games down the Stretch.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:01 pm

I see the Jets losing to the Vikes, Bills, Seahawks and Dolphins, so that puts them at 9-8 at best.

I see the Pats losing to the Vikings, Bengals, Dolphins and Bills (at least once). That puts them at 9-8 at best.

Unfortunately, I think there's a strong chance that the Bills run the table. They could lose any of the games to the Dolphins, Bengals and or Patriots (once), but I don't think they'll lose all 3.

As much as it pains me to say, I think the Dolphins finish second in the East - but they will make the playoffs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:21 pm

JMP wrote:I see the Jets losing to the Vikes, Bills, Seahawks and Dolphins, so that puts them at 9-8 at best.

I see the Pats losing to the Vikings, Bengals, Dolphins and Bills (at least once).  That puts them at 9-8 at best.

Unfortunately, I think there's a strong chance that the Bills run the table.  They could lose any of the games to the Dolphins, Bengals and or Patriots (once), but I don't think they'll lose all 3.  

As much as it pains me to say, I think the Dolphins finish second in the East - but they will make the playoffs.

Until this team loses with Tua playing the entire way, I'll refuse to believe it will happen! Not giving up on first place just yet!

(But if they somehow lose to the Texans then I reserve the right to declare the season over.)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:58 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

Until this team loses with Tua playing the entire way, I'll refuse to believe it will happen! Not giving up on first place just yet!

(But if they somehow lose to the Texans then I reserve the right to declare the season over.)

No, the Phins won't lose to the Texans. But then they play the 49ers, Chargers and Bills all in a row - and all on the road. I'd love to see us pull off a sweep there, but losing all 3 (or at least 2 of 3) is a very real possibility if the Miami D doesn't figure things out in a hurry. I'd like to think we win the final 3 (Packers, at Pats, Jets) but none of those games are easy wins.

Just trying to keep things in perspective. We are flying high right now, but that could change in a hurry.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:01 pm

Fins allowing 15.4 points per game at home, but a whopping 32.8 per game on the road Shocked Shocked Shocked Just sayin'.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down