The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua out next week...or will he play?

+2
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
6 posters

Go down

Tua out next week...or will he play?  Empty Tua out next week...or will he play?

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:14 pm

I read Tua is out for the game against the Raiders.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Tua out next week...or will he play?  Empty Re: Tua out next week...or will he play?

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:34 pm

Early prediction: Fins get shut out again. Brissett doesn't fit this offense at all because neither Grier nor Flores are capable of having the backup QB be equipped to do the same things the starter does in case of injury. That would actually require foresight and common sense.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Tua out next week...or will he play?  Empty Re: Tua out next week...or will he play?

Post by JMP Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:49 pm

I'd expect Tua to be out for a couple of weeks.

I would not be surprised to see us beat the Raiders.  Brissett moved the ball well at times today, and with a week of practice with the starters hopefully the receivers can learn to catch his passes.

As bad as this game was, the season isn't over - at all.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:14 pm

This is the kind of Games we Won Last Year, Nobody Will think they have a Chance and the Raiders will start thinking they are Good and Carr will have His Cherry bust on Him

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:21 am

UPDATE:

Tom Pelissero
✔
@TomPelissero

#Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa underwent further tests this morning on his bruised ribs and my understanding is those didn’t reveal any major issues. X-rays were negative. So it’ll be about pain tolerance and functionality moving forward. #Raiders await Sunday in Las Vegas.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Good news on Tua I’m pulling for him. Come on man hope he can play!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:50 pm

He gut crushed 3 times behind NO OL but if he is out for to long he will never lose the injury prone label.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:08 pm

white1 wrote:Good news on Tua I’m pulling for him. Come on man hope he can play!

We'll see how the week progresses, but I'd be in favor of sitting him for the Raiders game. Let the initial soreness go away so it won't impact his throwing motion. But Tua is a competitor, and I'm sure he'll do whatever it takes to get back on the field as soon as he can.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:35 pm

From Flores today:

"If Tua can go, he's going to go. That's the kind of kid he is."

Hearing that, I think Tua will play in Vegas.

EDIT: Flores also said that Tua actually tried to go back in the game yesterday. Say what you will about Tua, but that dude is a fighter.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:31 pm

Oh great, now a less than 100% Tua's going to play. He was mediocre enough when he was at full strength!

THis is NOT going to end well. Okay, it will for the Raiders. My prediction of a shutout loss stands.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:52 pm

Now the word is that Tua has only bruised (not cracked) ribs. So basically he got carted off for bruises. Makes him look soft AF, but then again what else can you expect from a millennial?

Crosby and Ngakoue are going to puncture his lungs if he plays so he needs to bow out regardless. Nobody wants to see Tua spitting up blood. Let Brissett take the beating since he's at least sturdy.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 pm

I want to see what Tua does this year without a crutch to bail him out.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:16 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Now the word is that Tua has only bruised (not cracked) ribs. So basically he got carted off for bruises. Makes him look soft AF, but then again what else can you expect from a millennial?

Crosby and Ngakoue are going to puncture his lungs if he plays so he needs to bow out regardless. Nobody wants to see Tua spitting up blood. Let Brissett take the beating since he's at least sturdy.

HUH?  He had bruised ribs and was in severe pain after a blindside hit that he didn't back down from, and he was lobbying to go back in the game despite the pain.  That's soft to you? 

Criticize Tua all you want, but saying he's soft is just plain bullshit.  That dude is tough as nails.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down