The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You're Having A Hard Time Lately...

+2
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

If You're Having A Hard Time Lately... Empty If You're Having A Hard Time Lately...

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:14 pm

And you need a good laugh, perhaps this will do the trick. As usual, I cannot make this stuff up.

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-rumors-high-ryan-tannehill

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

If You're Having A Hard Time Lately... Empty Re: If You're Having A Hard Time Lately...

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:25 pm

I remember the Carroll story in '95 and the Belechick story in '96. A bit more info on the latter:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2017/01/30/jimmy-johnson-on-trying-to/6915658007/

And Shula did indeed fly Carroll to South Florida after he was fired by the Jests in '94, but Carroll ended up choosing the 49ers job and Shula stuck with Olivadotti for '95. Unfortunately.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

If You're Having A Hard Time Lately... Empty Re: If You're Having A Hard Time Lately...

Post by finfanatic Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:47 am

Well.... If it comes down to Tannehill or Wilson?

I am really hoping the Jets get Jimmy G so the Dolphins don't! Shocked

I am starting to get the suspicion that this could be the season when the free agent period gets wild and then turns it up a notch or two.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:18 am

DolFan 316 wrote:And you need a good laugh, perhaps this will do the trick. As usual, I cannot make this stuff up.

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-rumors-high-ryan-tannehill

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That's great, but this is even better:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/22/jets-derek-carr-hall-of-fame-praise-visit-free-agency

While visiting the Jets this weekend as he weighs his options for the upcoming season, free agent quarterback Derek Carr was apparently treated like he was the savior of the franchise and given some extremely high praise.

ESPN’s Dianna Russini reported on NFL Live that the visit went well and that the Jets predicted that he could be a future resident of Canton, Ohio if he were to join them.

“They went through top to bottom of why Derek Carr can step in here and take this team not just to the playoffs but to the Super Bowl,” she said Tuesday. “And they made it really personal, too. They said, ‘We believe if you come to New York and win, you could be a first ballot Hall of Famer.’

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Talk about being desperate! I can't wait to see the Jets trainwreck after Rodgers decides to stay in Green Bay and Carr signs with the Saints! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316, HalCHorn and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:17 am

If You have a Pulse than You could be the Next QB, Just waiting for the Jimmy G signing by the Jets and he gets Hurt by Week 4 and Wilson is right back in there.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:20 am

I guess if one feels that Carr can repeat Stafford's success at a similar stage of his career after a change of scenery it makes sense.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:55 am

HalCHorn wrote:I guess if one feels that Carr can repeat Stafford's success at a similar stage of his career after a change of scenery it makes sense.  

I think Carr is the logical choice for the Jets. It's basically him or a scrub. It makes no sense for them to give up picks for Rodgers, who has shown zero interest in working with young players. But, no matter what Carr does with the Jets he's not going anywhere near the Hall of Fame unless he buys a ticket.

Personally, I think Rodgers is staying in Green Bay. I think Carr is a great fit for Carolina but I'm not sure if they are interested. I also think he'd fit well with the Saints.

The crazy thing that I keep hearing from Jets fans and the NY media is how stacked they are with playmakers on offense and any QB would love to play there. That's a load of BS IMO, and I have no idea why anyone would think that. In reality, they have one worthwhile receiver (Wilson), one worthwhile RB (Hall, coming off a major knee injury), no TE and a crappy OL. Add to that a head coach that is on the hot seat, and media and fanbase that complain non-stop about everything, and I just don't see why any QB would want to play there unless he was desperate.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:17 am

Jets fans for the most part have always been highly delusional.

I really hope Carr does not go there as he could make the Jets a lot better on offense IMO.

And I agree, A A Ron will be staying in GB.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:16 am

finfanatic wrote:

I really hope Carr does not go there as he could make the Jets a lot better on offense IMO.

I don't know...the Raiders have had a losing record in 6 of Carr's 9 seasons, and have only made the playoffs twice with him at QB (both times losing in round one).  Carr led his team to just two winning seasons, and has had just two seasons with a passer rating of 100.  Overall, he's been a very average QB.

Now, "average" QB play would be a big upgrade for the Jets - but I just don't think Carr is going to move the needle for them in any significant way.  And they'll probably have to pay him close to $40 million a year.

Like I said, though - Carr is the Jets' best option if they are looking to find a long-term starter in free agency, but only because there are never great QBs available in free agency and he happens to be the best of a really unimpressive bunch.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Would Love to see the Jets use up Cap Space for Carr and stay about the same record wise.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:14 pm

In my view, the Jets could actually be quite good with Carr at QB.

IMO they have a better roster top to bottom than the Raiders.

Bryce Hall is looking like an elite running back. They have very good talent at receiver as well.

Their defense continues to trend as a top 10 unit. Sauce Gardner looks every bit the part of a lock-down, blue chip corner.

Add a good QB and they can push for the playoffs. And I think Carr is at least good if not better.

The Raiders have not been a good franchise in the recent past. But I think the Jets are actually trending in the right direction. Pretty much all they are missing is QB.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:11 am

white1 wrote:In my view, the Jets could actually be quite good with Carr at QB.  

IMO they have a better roster top to bottom than the Raiders.

Bryce Hall is looking like an elite running back.  They have very good talent at receiver as well.  

Their defense continues to trend as a top 10 unit.  Sauce Gardner looks every bit the part of a lock-down, blue chip corner.  

Add a good QB and they can push for the playoffs.  And I think Carr is at least good if not better.

The Raiders have not been a good franchise in the recent past.  But I think the Jets are actually trending in the right direction.  Pretty much all they are missing is QB.

I disagree. I think the Jets have a very good D, but I don't see much on offense - just one receiver and a RB coming off a major knee injury. Beyond that, they have nothing of note on offense. Carr had Adams and Jacobs this year, both better than anyone on the Jets, and couldn't even get to 7 wins.

The Jets got lucky in 2022 by playing a ton of backup QBs...not sure they'll have that kind of good fortune again in 2023.
--They barely beat the Browns with Jacoby Brissett.
--They beat the Dolphins with Skylar Thompson (in his first NFL action, coming off the bench).
--They beat the Broncos with Brett Rypien.
--They beat the Bears with Trevor Siemien.
--They also beat the Steelers with Mitch Trubisky, who wasn't a backup but should have been.

I see the Jets as a going-nowhere team with a lame-duck head coach. I don't think Derek Carr is the missing piece that suddenly turns them into a contender.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down