The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something That'll Blow Your Minds

2 posters

Go down

Something That'll Blow Your Minds Empty Something That'll Blow Your Minds

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:52 am

And unlike the US Postal Service, you KNOW I always deliver.

Here's a comparison of two teams' actual pass defensive stats from last season.

Team A: 408-619, 3756 yards, 65.9 % 33 TDs, 11 INTs, 95.3 passer rating.

Team B: 416-624, 3992 yards, 66.7 % 27 TDs, 8 INTs, 95.3 passer rating.

Team B is the Fins. Team A is...the Chiefs. As in, the Super Bowl-winning Chiefs. Who BTW allowed the most TD passes in the league.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/opp.htm

What does this tell you? It tells me that 1.) the Fins' secondary does in fact NOT need a dramatic makeover, mainly just a new boundary CB and the injured players to return and that 2.) the front seven matters. A lot. And needs to be addressed as much as possible. For one thing, the Chiefs were second in sacks (55, the Fins' franchise record is 49) while the Fins were just average (40).

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Something That'll Blow Your Minds Empty Re: Something That'll Blow Your Minds

Post by JMP Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:36 am

Great post, 316.

One of the big problems this season was the defense not getting off the field...just giving up way too many third down conversions. Fixing that will go a long way toward improving the entire team.

I agree that the Dolphins' focus should be on the front 7 - particularly LB since we have so many free agents at the position. The scheme change alone will help improve the play of the front 7 IMO. If we can get a healthy Ogbah back and Fangio can generate legit pressure from the front 4, it will make a massive difference.

There should be a lot of FA LBs available that could help us, and even if we don't spend the big bucks on Wagner or David there are guys like Alex Anzalone and Denzel Perryman that should come at a much more reasonable price and seem to fit the scheme.

And yes, adding another boundary corner (it doesn't even have to be a superstar) and maybe even a playmaking safety is really all the secondary needs. And I know INT numbers were down across the league this season, but 8 INTs on defense is pretty damn pathetic no matter how you look at it. There are rumors that Jordan Poyer is itching to be Dolphins - at the right price, he could be a difference-maker in the secondary...he has 22 INTs since 2017. Add Poyer and draft a CB...that would be my plan for the secondary.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:00 am

JMP wrote:And yes, adding another boundary corner (it doesn't even have to be a superstar) and maybe even a playmaking safety is really all the secondary needs.  And I know INT numbers were down across the league this season, but 8 INTs on defense is pretty damn pathetic no matter how you look at it.  There are rumors that Jordan Poyer is itching to be  Dolphins - at the right price, he could be a difference-maker in the secondary...he has 22 INTs since 2017.  Add Poyer and draft a CB...that would be my plan for the secondary.

8 INTs was even worse than you know...it in fact tied a franchise record low Crying or Very sad

https://stathead.com/tiny/sbgDk

As for Poyer, he's planning on attending Tua's birthday party Saturday night. Maybe that means something, and maybe not, just passing it along.

https://phinphanatic.com/2023/02/24/jordan-poyer-may-may-not-trying-get-miami-dolphins-attention/

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down