The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somehow someway the Phins need to draft...

3 posters

Go down

Somehow someway the Phins need to draft... Empty Somehow someway the Phins need to draft...

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:33 am

...Tyjae "Shake" Spears

Tulane's Tyjae Spears bowl game highlights

At this point, I am starting to doubt Miami is going to get a BIG TIME STARTER in this draft...(Unless somebody drops precariously).

This draft will be about developmental backup players.

I don't know where Spears will go, but if he is there at #84 I AM ALMOST to the point of saying the Phins SHOULD use the #84 pick on Spears!!!

At the very least, Spears would be able to contribute this season. I am starting to think even some of the big Linemen they might draft are going to need
at least a year of NFL strength and Oline training before they are able/ready to play.

Spears basically carried Tulane when they beat USC in the bowl game. Spears will not be an every down back in the NFL, but he will most likely be a devastating
change of pace back IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Somehow someway the Phins need to draft... Empty Re: Somehow someway the Phins need to draft...

Post by CarsonChris Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:16 pm

Go for it! McD loves playmakers

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Somehow someway the Phins need to draft... Empty Re: Somehow someway the Phins need to draft...

Post by JMP Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:33 am

I'm a big Spears fan and will be very happy if the Phins draft him. Not sure they'll take a RB that high, but we'll see...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:40 am

Yeah, I agree, JMP.

I doubt Grier is going to go RB at all, but, this is what I THINK I would do if I had the decision to make.

Grier looks to have set himself up to go BPA, which may mean a LB or a S or even a CB early.

I am still afraid Grier and Co are going to trade all the picks for one player. And maybe some of next years picks too!

A team cannot be sustained by giving away draft picks and building it with free agents top to bottom. At some point the bill comes due. No draft to speak of last year, and if they trade away the whole draft this year too...

Anyway, we shall see.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:35 am

finfanatic wrote:

Grier looks to have set himself up to go BPA, which may mean a LB or a S or even a CB early.

Yep...and, unlikely as it may seem, don't rule out WR at 51 or 84 when considering BPA. There won't be many first round WRs this year, but the 2nd and 3rd round could be the sweet spot for a lot of talented receivers. Keep an eye on guys like Jonathan Mingo, AT Perry, Marvin Mims, Trey Palmer, etc.

finfanatic wrote:I am still afraid Grier and Co are going to trade all the picks for one player. And maybe some of next years picks too!

I don't see that happening this year. There are really no open starting positions that would benefit from a big trade. You could always look at RT or LG, of course, but if the Phins didn't go after one of the top FAs at those spots I doubt they'd trade for one. Now, they may make a trade up if a draft prospect they really like starts to slide - but if that happens I don't see a blockbuster trade that would cost multiple picks...more like moving from 51 to 43 or something like that.

I think it's more likely that the Phins trade down from 51 or 84 and try to add picks in 2024 in the process.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down