The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaron Rodgers to Jets is official

+5
HalCHorn
JEGnj
finskev
DolFan 316
JMP
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aaron Rodgers to Jets is official - Page 2 Empty Re: Aaron Rodgers to Jets is official

Post by CarsonChris Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:48 am

No way do I trade White. He knows our playbook

CarsonChris

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Aaron Rodgers to Jets is official - Page 2 Empty Re: Aaron Rodgers to Jets is official

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:52 am

CarsonChris wrote:No way do I trade White. He knows our playbook

IKR? Grier already done goofed when he let Shell walk and spill the playbook to the Bills before suddenly retiring. Evil or Very Mad

I do wish Rodgers well in his post-NFL career. Now that he's no longer a Jet I suddenly have no real animosity towards him. Strange how that works scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:07 am

I think it might be Flacco, but he seemed to be on his last legs last year so...

I would trade White if they pony up enough, but not even the Jets are stupid enough to do that? Are they?

I hate this for Rodgers, but this IS the Effin' Jets after all. As that old Hee Haw song ( Yes I am old. Deal with it. Smile ) went "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me!"

Just typical for the Jets.

Now, if they use this as a rallying point... then maybe they have a good season. That defense is hella stout. And those RBs are a threat. So who knows?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:10 am

finfanatic wrote:I think it might be Flacco, but he seemed to be on his last legs last year so...

I would trade White if they pony up enough, but not even the Jets are stupid enough to do that? Are they?

I hate this for Rodgers, but this IS the Effin' Jets after all. As that old Hee Haw song ( Yes I am old. Deal with it.  Smile  ) went "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me!"

Just typical for the Jets.

Now, if they use this as a rallying point... then maybe they have a good season. That defense is hella stout. And those RBs are a threat. So who knows?

True story: Lulu Roman's son is an ex-frat brother of mine. No, really. Haven't seen or heard from him in 27 years, though.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:22 am

DF316 wrote:True story: Lulu Roman's son is an ex-frat brother of mine. No, really. Haven't seen or heard from him in 27 years, though.

Name dropper!

Not only do you know what Hee Haw is, you even have a connection to a Hee Haw "star"!!

I was always partial to Jr. and his car lot phone number BR-549. Very Happy

finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:31 am

HOWDEE!!!

anyways, i guess this is one positive way for the Jets to look at it...

But there is a silver lining to all of this besides the fact that the Jets were able to go out and get the victory over the Buffalo Bills in overtime to start 1-0. New York will have a first-round pick in 2024.

https://sports.yahoo.com/silver-lining-jets-aaron-rodgers-050422047.html

with Rodgers most likely out for the season, the Jets get to keep their 1st rounder pick. which will probably be very high!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:33 am

mercury22nathan wrote:HOWDEE!!!

anyways, i guess this is one positive way for the Jets to look at it...

But there is a silver lining to all of this besides the fact that the Jets were able to go out and get the victory over the Buffalo Bills in overtime to start 1-0. New York will have a first-round pick in 2024.

https://sports.yahoo.com/silver-lining-jets-aaron-rodgers-050422047.html

with Rodgers most likely out for the season, the Jets get to keep their 1st rounder pick.  which will probably be very high!

I doubt that. Top 10 MAYBE but that would be it. They can't tank now, all eyes are on them. They'll have to do the Fins Special of being out of playoff contention before November and then suddenly starting to rack up meaningless wins.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:35 am

I hate this for Rodgers, I respect the way that he stood up to the needle mob two years ago. And I looked forward to beating him later this year. Smile But we will just have to whip the QB they put out there, whether it is Wilson or whichever vet they sign (I bet it is Flacco myself).

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:17 am

Just had to post this. Tom Grossi is absolutely hilarious BTW.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:05 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Damn, this guy rules!! Too funny.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:13 pm

the NFL was pimping Rodgers in NY so much and now they're stuck with a bunch Jets games in the national spotlight.

And there isn't much the NFL can do at the moment. The Kansas City-New York matchup cannot be moved, and neither can the Jets' Week 9 game against the Los Angeles Chargers on "MNF." Expanded flex scheduling for "MNF," introduced this year, begins Week 12.

The league can shift the Jets' game the following week against the Las Vegas Raiders if it chooses, so long as it doesn't move more than two "SNF" games from Weeks 5-9.

https://sports.yahoo.com/prime-time-headache-nfl-aaron-160843288.html

and never missing an opportunity to be hypocritical...

But the inaugural exclusive Black Friday game, in which the Jets will host the Miami Dolphins, is set. Already, the marketing for that matchup is shifting from a Rodgers-centric focus toward one oriented around Miami and quarterback Tua Tagovailoa.

NFL: "What? Whadda mean? We loved Tua all along." yea, sure.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:43 pm

LOL The whole nation gets to watch Zach Wilson multiple times! That's what you call "must NOT see TV"! Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:45 pm

SO...it's really the NFL's anti-Fins, pro-Jets bias that's responsible for this! Goodell used to work for the Jets, you know.

I wonder if Rodgers can sue scratch Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:21 am

A great defense with a Bad offense. I've seen this before."

Laughing

Too funny.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:03 am

So, the Jets tried to poach Brett Rypien from the Rams practice squad - but the Rams convinced him to stay and elevated him to the roster to block the move! Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:56 am

Interesting read: speculation that the Jets could trade for Kirk Cousins if the Vikes continue to suck:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-fall-to-0-2-heres-why-kirk-cousins-could-soon-make-sense-as-a-trade-target-for-qb-needy-jets/

Two things are true: The Vikings have repeatedly said with their actions and words that 2023 could be Kirk Cousins' last season as their quarterback, and the Jets are in the market for immediate QB help after Aaron Rodgers' stunning season-ending injury. Another thing is also true: After falling 34-28 to the Eagles on Thursday night, Minnesota is 0-2 to start the year.

You know what comes next.

OK, maybe you don't. So here it is: Cousins could soon make legitimate sense as a Jets trade target, if he doesn't already.

It does make some sense, but the Jets would have to have a winning record near the trade deadline for them to consider a trade of this magnitude - and if they're winning with Wilson, why go after Cousins at all? If they have a losing record and have fallen way behind the competition, than the trade makes even less sense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2