The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting This For The Lulz

5 posters

Go down

Posting This For The Lulz Empty Posting This For The Lulz

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:32 pm

Apparently somebody just *knows* the Fins will be trading up...for Jahmyr Gibbs!!! Shocked

https://www.miamistands.com/dolphins-looking-to-move-up-grab-gibbs/

Forget that Grier has never EVER valued RBs much at all (his highest ever RB pick was Kenyan Drake in the 3rd round and the last 4 RBs he's taken have been in the 7th). I'm not taking this article seriously mind you. For one thing, it literally doesn't even mention Jeff Wilson at all. Just posted it so you guys could get a good Laughing out of it.

And if this actually DOES happen, it would be grounds for Grier's immediate dismissal IMO. I'm talking not even waiting until the draft is over and just kicking him out of the draft room then and there.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Posting This For The Lulz Empty Re: Posting This For The Lulz

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:32 pm

from the article...

They have several draft picks that they could use to move up, including the 51st overall pick, the 102nd overall pick, and two third-round picks.

um, so here's the problem with that...

According to Rich Hill’s trade value chart, which obviously isn’t an exact science, the Kansas City Chiefs’ first-round selection, which comes at the end of the round at pick No. 31, is worth 190 points. Miami’s four selections in 2023 only add up to 169 points – pick No. 51 (112), No. 84 (51) No. 197 (4) No. 238 (2).

So, it would cost at least pick No. 51 (112 points) and another second-round pick next year (at least 82 points) to move up into the first. And, that would be only if Kansas City or another team near the end of the round were willing to part with their selection.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/24/dolphins-trade-first-round-2023-draft/

if they're moving up a few spots in the 2nd round, it might be possible, but if they (more than likely) have to move up to even the bottom of the 1st, they just don't have them ammo this year to do it. and i can't imagine they would begin to sacrifice next year's draft assets for a RB...would they? would they?!?! Question

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:15 pm

I haven't heard any of the stuff this article is talking about?

Gibbs would be a good fit in the McD offense, but not if they have to trade up to get him IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:37 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:from the article...

They have several draft picks that they could use to move up, including the 51st overall pick, the 102nd overall pick, and two third-round picks.

um, so here's the problem with that...

According to Rich Hill’s trade value chart, which obviously isn’t an exact science, the Kansas City Chiefs’ first-round selection, which comes at the end of the round at pick No. 31, is worth 190 points. Miami’s four selections in 2023 only add up to 169 points – pick No. 51 (112), No. 84 (51) No. 197 (4) No. 238 (2).

So, it would cost at least pick No. 51 (112 points) and another second-round pick next year (at least 82 points) to move up into the first. And, that would be only if Kansas City or another team near the end of the round were willing to part with their selection.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/24/dolphins-trade-first-round-2023-draft/

if they're moving up a few spots in the 2nd round, it might be possible, but if they (more than likely) have to move up to even the bottom of the 1st, they just don't have them ammo this year to do it.  and i can't imagine they would begin to sacrifice next year's draft assets for a RB...would they?  would they?!?!  Question

Makes Grier's constant coy references to teams at the bottom of the first "reaching out" to the Fins for a trade even more absurdly annoying than it already was.

I now have a feeling of extreme dread that he will actually dip into NEXT year's pool of picks--which is once again scarce enough as it is!!!

Just like the Ravens winning their first SB convinced Wanny that the Fins didn't need a QB to win one and could be just fine with Jay Fiedler, I'm now convinced that the Rams winning a title convinced Grier that this team doesn't need draft picks to do it! affraid affraid affraid Even though in both cases EVEN THOSE TEAMS quickly abandoned that mentality!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:40 pm

finfanatic wrote:I haven't heard any of the stuff this article is talking about?

Gibbs would be a good fit in the McD offense, but not if they have to trade up to get him IMO.

If your vaunted source hasn't said anything about it then I will hold out hope that it isn't true. A sliver of a smidgeon of a scosche of a shrivel of hope, but that's better than nothing right?

RIGHT?!?!

I knew I had that panic room built for a good reason...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:35 am

Nothing to see here. You can also find articles saying that the Dolphins are all in on Devon Achane.

Everything written about and talked about leading up to the draft is pure BS. Fun to speculate on, but all smoke.

Now...just for shits and giggles: if we had the ammo and could work out a reasonable trade, acquiring a player like Gibbs would be a massive addition. I'm not saying I'd do it, but Gibbs in this offense would be INSANE.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:11 pm

Smoke screen for sure. The possibility I see as most likely is the Fins DO have a target in the first round, but it won't be a running back.

My guess would be tackle, guard, center or TE. If we can get one of the top guards or centers in the draft (and the first is usually a good time to find value at those positions) the offensive line could take a big step forward. Or, there's a tight end the team covets and they don't think he'll last to pick 51 - that would be another huge addition to the offense (assuming he would be a very good blocker, as well as a receiving threat).
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:39 pm

I might trade up into the first to get a surefire future HOFer at OG like O'Cyress Torrence, king but nobody else IMO. But not many are going to be worth what it will cost IMO. Unless a top ranked guy skids of course...

But with so few picks... Sit at #51 and take the BPA. Or trade down for more picks.

Remember, we never know when the Dolphins dumbarsed owner is going to have another BRILLIANT!!! scheme and tamper like heck with reckless regard for the rules! Goodell may take all the Dolphins draft picks next time!!

I am still afeared DF316 is correct and Grier thinks the Phins are gonna be A_OKAY without any stinking' draft picks!

He is WRONG of course, but...

The Phins need some young cheap players THAT CONTRIBUTE on the roster for salary cap help. Grier can't do that through free agency or trades. He needs to draft WISELY.

Trading up into the bottom of the 1st will cost him picks IMO. Grier needs lots of picks cause a whole bunch of his will probably be STANK!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down