The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2023 schedule is up

5 posters

Go down

2023 schedule is up Empty 2023 schedule is up

Post by HalCHorn Thu May 11, 2023 11:03 pm

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/11/dolphins-2023-regular-season-schedule/

Bad news, 5 of the first 7 are on the road.

Good news, 5 of the last 6 are at home with no cold weather division road games this year (latest is that Black Friday Jets game).  And we close with Buffalo at home January 7th.

If we can navigate the early season well we will be in good shape to win the division IMO.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

2023 schedule is up Empty Re: 2023 schedule is up

Post by DolFan 316 Fri May 12, 2023 5:03 am

All part of the NFL's Anti-Dolphins Agenda. The way they figure it, by the time the home games roll around Tua will be out for the season. If he somehow stays healthy through the first 8-9 games, they'll make sure he's out by randomly declaring he has a concussion because a defender touched him. Just you wait and see.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri May 12, 2023 7:52 am

it wasn't good enough to eliminate any early season Miami heat advantage, but opening the season with a cross country road trip (SD to NE) seems a sure way to try and put Miami in a hole. yes, I suspect Miami will have to be one of those teams that will have to come from the middle of the pack with a strong season ending surge. the post week 10 bye schedule is gonna have to be damn near a sweep with the finale hosting Buffalo for the division crown.

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 12, 2023 9:44 am

No cold weather games, which is nice. But no hot weather advantage, which sucks. The beginning of the season with all those road games sucks, but at least the team will have no choice but to come out strong, and they'll be battle-tested right from the start. Overall, not a bad schedule all things considered.

Teams often break the season into 4-game blocks, so here's how I look at it:

Block 1: 3-1
There's no reason not to start 3-0. Beginning on the road against the Chargers and Pats is tough, but we are the better team and should win both. And we must beat the Broncos at home. I think we split with the Bills, so I'll give them the W in Buffalo in week 4.

Block 2: 3-1
The Giants will be tough this year, but in Miami I like our chances. The Panthers are not a bad team, but no excuse for losing to them. I'll give us a loss at the Eagles. Week 8 we complete the sweep of the Pats with a home win.

Block 3: 4-0
Chiefs in Germany. At Arrowhead, I give us a loss. But I think we pull out an emotional victory and win it for Tyreek. Week 10 is a bye, and week 11 sees the Raiders in Miami, a game we should win. Then we go to Jersey, where it will indeed be a Black Friday for the Jets. On the road at the Commanders next, and we get the W to complete a perfect block 3.

Block 4 (5 games): 3-2
I predict the Titans will be one of the worst teams in the AFC. Will Levis will be starting long before this week 14 matchup, and the Dolphins welcome him to Miami with a shutout. The Phins continue the home-cooking with a win for the sweep of the reeling Jets. Unfortunately, the Phins lose back-to-back games to the Cowboys and Ravens, setting up a battle in Miami against the Bills for the East crown. The Dolphins win a dogfight and take the division!

Final regular season record: 13-4, AFC East champs

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri May 12, 2023 10:55 am

i'm little tougher on the early part of the season, but a little easier on the later. usually you want to be playing your best ball out of November into December. i fear not the Cowboys or Ravens. i came to 12-5 which is in the same ball park. the Buffalo games will determine division winner or wild card hopeful.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat May 13, 2023 9:35 am

Everything depends on keeping Tua upright and healthy.

And if that is obtained, then we need more Bama-Tua than "What's wrong with Tua?".

This is a tough schedule. I just hope they can win 11-12 games.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 15, 2023 9:33 am

I'd say 11 wins is the minimum threshold. Anything less than that would be a colossal disappointment.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down