The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cheetah

+2
JMP
CarsonChris
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Cheetah  Empty The Cheetah

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:09 am

Or as his wife will soon be calling him the Cheater. What a row he's got himself in. His all important attitude while trying to board a boat in Miami with young women isn't sitting very well with me. Slapping someone when he didn't get his way. When will these self important NFL players learn?

Police in Miami don't want to press charges but the victim does.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

The Cheetah  Empty Re: The Cheetah

Post by JMP Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:24 am

Sounds like no one is pressing charges and it's a non-issue.

The story I heard is that Hill boarded the wrong boat by mistake, the dude on the boat got mad and used a racial slur, Hill slapped/hit him and told the guy he could buy both him and his boat.

Not a great situation, but nothing will come of it.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:52 am

I found out about this 2 days ago, but didn't have the heart to post it. Didn't know about the "racial slur" bit, but that just makes this whole thing epitomize everything currently wrong with humanity even more. We've become a culture of accusation. It no longer matters if any accusation's actually true, or if there's even any proof at all, and anybody can accuse anyone else of anything at any time for any reason. Literally the only things relevant are which social/political groups the accuser and accusee belong to, and what the "feelings" are of the people placed in charge of determining the punishment/non-punishment.

The racial slur bit *might* keep the league from suspending Hill a minimum of half the season. Maybe. The media sure as hell wants the league to do that, and the league has a weird way of constantly caving to the media and despises this team anyway. Just sayin'.

I reiterate what I said in the RB thread about how piss-poor the WR depth is, and how any sort of missed time by Hill or Waddle could wreck the whole season. I would even place WR depth as the #1 most glaring gaping hole on the roster right now, even more so than O-line, and it makes this strange obsession with Cook even more nonsensical IMO.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:09 am

Update: the guy changed his mind and is now pressing charges. Looking for a payday!

The whole story sounds like "nothing to see here". I can't see the NFL doing anything about it.

I'm fine with the WR depth. I think it's a strong, deep, versatile group. Obviously losing Hill or Waddle would be a huge blow - just like any team that loses their top receivers. What if the Bills lose Diggs or the Jets lose Wilson? All of a sudden those offenses are dead in the water. We have much better WR depth than both of them.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 am

Here's a list of the WRs behind Waddle and Hill, that for some odd reason a lot of DolFans are perfectly fine with and even consider a team strength for some crazy reason scratch

Chosen Anderson: A flake who can do one thing well (run fast in a straight line), is over 30, and managed to get himself booted from two teams last season because he doesn't play well with others. Also is at least as likely as Hill to be arrested in the next month or so. At least he can claim to have a thousand yard receiving season, which makes him look like Jerry Rice compared to his so-called "competition".

Cedric Wilson Jr.: Such a massive FA flop that the Fins might as well have flashed a giant neon sign saying "PLEASE TAKE HIM OFF OUR HANDS, WE'RE BEGGING YOU". If Hill's suspended they'll have to keep him, but how motivated will he be knowing they wanted to get rid of him? Would you want to bust your ass for your employer if you were in his situation?

River Cracraft: Will turn 29 in November and his 9 catches for 102 yards and 2 scores last season were CAREER HIGHS. Think about that for a minute or three.

Braxton Berrios: 6th round pick of the Pats (who cannot draft WR to save their lives) who never played a down for them. Had just 18 catches and one TD for the Jets, a team desperate for WR talent. Signed pretty much solely as a returner right at a time when the NFL has decided to make the return game obsolete and extinct.

Braylon Sanders: Undrafted rookie last season who had 2 catches--and fumbled one of them away. Which is still somehow better than...

Eric Ezukanma: Remember him? A 4th round flop who was finally allowed to play in the finale, apparently out of sheer pity, and had one catch for 3 yards. Yeah.

Freddie Swain: Wasn't even good enough to play for THIS bunch of backup bumblers, busts and bums last season. Was actually cut in mid-December, then signed again after the Broncos cut him.

Daewood Davis: Some rookie I literally never heard of but according to PFR he's on this team's roster, so...

Elijah Higgins: Still listed by PFR as a WR even though he's supposed to be moved to TE. All I've heard about him so far is that he's struggling and is all but guaranteed relegation to the practice squad already.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that somehow, someway, PFR has somebody named Chris Coleman listed at WR for this team who according to them is...46 years old and last played for the Titans in 2000-01. Seriously. I'm not making this up.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ColeCh01.htm

And that's it. That's the pathetic parade of palookas we're all relying on in case Hill or Waddle can't go. It makes the JJ Era WR corps look deep and talented which even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, thought wasn't humanly possible! Shocked affraid

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:24 am

JMP wrote:Update: the guy changed his mind and is now pressing charges.  Looking for a payday!

The whole story sounds like "nothing to see here".  I can't see the NFL doing anything about it.

Really??? You don't think the NFL, who you ALREADY KNOW will go out of their way to find ANY excuse to punish this team, will do anything? scratch

At least Hill was smart enough to break out the good ol' "racial slur" excuse. Too bad almost nobody takes that sort of thing seriously anymore.

Again, I'm not saying he did or didn't actually hit the guy. I honestly don't know. I'm not sure if anybody besides them does or ever will. My point is that the NFL will suspend Hill over this when if any player from certain other teams did or was accused of doing the exact same thing (coughBillscough) we all know absolutely nothing would be done. Hell, they just let the Cards get away scot free with TAMPERING.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:32 pm

Rumors are swirling that Chester will get a suspension. How many games is the question? My guess, 2 games to start the season.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:40 pm

In 2014 Tyreek pleaded guilty to choking and beating his pregnant girlfriend. Now an assault. I could see some jail time based on past actions and history of violence

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:58 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Rumors are swirling that Chester will get a suspension. How many games is the question? My guess, 2 games to start the season.

I wouldn't even be that mad if it was 2 games. Anything 6 games or longer would be pure unadulterated bullshit seeing as multiple players who've done far worse have been suspended for less--or in some cases not at all. Remember Quay Walker? The guy who shoved a member of the Lions' medical staff who was attempting to treat an injured player right on the field in front of everybody? "No suspension!" said the NFL.

CarsonChris wrote:In 2014 Tyreek pleaded guilty to choking and beating his pregnant girlfriend. Now an assault. I could see some jail time based on past actions and history of violence

2014 was a long time ago. So long ago that Ray Rice was suspended a whopping TWO GAMES that year for being caught on video smacking his woman around. Punishing Hill for something he did nine years ago would be the absolute height of NFL hypocrisy--and these days that's REALLY saying something.

Again we all know that if Hill was a Bill and the exact same thing happened there'd be no suspension or even a mention of this at all by the NFL. It would just be quietly swept under the rug.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:41 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Update: the guy changed his mind and is now pressing charges.  Looking for a payday!

The whole story sounds like "nothing to see here".  I can't see the NFL doing anything about it.

Really??? You don't think the NFL, who you ALREADY KNOW will go out of their way to find ANY excuse to punish this team, will do anything? scratch

At least Hill was smart enough to break out the good ol' "racial slur" excuse. Too bad almost nobody takes that sort of thing seriously anymore.

Again, I'm not saying he did or didn't actually hit the guy. I honestly don't know. I'm not sure if anybody besides them does or ever will. My point is that the NFL will suspend Hill over this when if any player from certain other teams did or was accused of doing the exact same thing (coughBillscough) we all know absolutely nothing would be done. Hell, they just let the Cards get away scot free with TAMPERING.  

Supposedly the whole Hill incident was recorded, like everything else these days, so that should shed light on exactly what happened.

Who knows at this point what will happen, but from what I've seen it this just seems like a minor incident and I can't see anything serious coming from it both legally and from the league. Obviously we know the league is anti-Dolphins, but I just don't see how a suspension comes from this. And if there is proof that the guy used a racial slur, there's a chance Hill comes out of this looking like a hero in today's world! Wink

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:45 am

CarsonChris wrote:Rumors are swirling that Chester will get a suspension. How many games is the question? My guess, 2 games to start the season.

Considering that absolutely nothing has happened from a legal standpoint, and it's unclear if charges have even officially been filed against Hill, these are all just rumors and mean nothing. But unless something comes out that really makes Hill look bad, there's really nothing here worthy of a suspension.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:48 am

CarsonChris wrote:I could see some jail time based on past actions and history of violence

Zero possibility of that happening.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:51 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

I wouldn't even be that mad if it was 2 games. Anything 6 games or longer would be pure unadulterated bullshit seeing as multiple players who've done far worse have been suspended for less--or in some cases not at all. Remember Quay Walker? The guy who shoved a member of the Lions' medical staff who was attempting to treat an injured player right on the field in front of everybody? "No suspension!" said the NFL.

Goodell just does whatever he wants and decides suspensions based on how he feels at the moment. I can't believe an organization as huge and as public as the NFL is allowed to be run at the whims of the commish instead of having absolute, clearly-defined policy. It's mind-boggling that this crap is allowed.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:54 am

JMP wrote:Goodell just does whatever he wants and decides suspensions based on how he feels at the moment.  I can't believe an organization as huge and as public as the NFL is allowed to be run at the whims of the commish instead of having absolute, clearly-defined policy.  It's mind-boggling that this crap is allowed.

The NFL actually fits right in with governments and other major societal institutions these days as far as applying or not applying rules on whim and flat out making up other random rules that are mostly illegal and that they don't even follow themselves. It's so 2020s.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:07 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Goodell just does whatever he wants and decides suspensions based on how he feels at the moment.  I can't believe an organization as huge and as public as the NFL is allowed to be run at the whims of the commish instead of having absolute, clearly-defined policy.  It's mind-boggling that this crap is allowed.

The NFL actually fits right in with governments and other major societal institutions these days as far as applying or not applying rules on whim and flat out making up other random rules that are mostly illegal and that they don't even follow themselves. It's so 2020s.

Yeah, you're right. I am still just in disbelief that shit like this happens, even though it is widespread and you see it everywhere. Neutral

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:14 pm

If Hill is suspended then Davante Adams damn well better be too.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/06/assault-charge-against-raiders-wr-davante-adams-dropped

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:56 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:If Hill is suspended then Davante Adams damn well better be too.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/06/assault-charge-against-raiders-wr-davante-adams-dropped

I had forgotten about that!

It's crazy how so many WRs get in off-field incidents. Seems like more than any other position.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:14 pm

Hopefully this will all go away before the regular season but...

I cannot believe a player would allow himself to get in a situation like this.

And, I agree that Goodell will use a heavy hand for the Phins because he and nearly everybody else in the
NFL Front Office hates DingleFruit Ross for being an arrogant, unctuous DUMBARSE!!!

If they have a video of Hill striking someone I would bet he gets at least 4 games!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:39 pm

finfanatic wrote:Hopefully this will all go away before the regular season but...

I cannot believe a player would allow himself to get in a situation like this.

And, I agree that Goodell will use a heavy hand for the Phins because he and nearly everybody else in the
NFL Front Office hates DingleFruit Ross for being an arrogant, unctuous DUMBARSE!!!

If they have a video of Hill striking someone I would bet he gets at least 4 games!

All indications are that it was a slap, and the police didn't believe it was worth doing anything about it. I highly doubt this ever gets close to court - Hill will pay the guy, and that will be that.

As for the league, unless the video shows something entirely different, I highly doubt a suspension is going to come from this.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:34 am

JMP wrote:As for the league, unless the video shows something entirely different, I highly doubt a suspension is going to come from this.

In a world with any degree of sanity or logic that would be true. This is not that kind of world.

The media really really REALLY wants Hill to be suspended and as we all know, what the media wants the media always gets.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:03 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:As for the league, unless the video shows something entirely different, I highly doubt a suspension is going to come from this.

In a world with any degree of sanity or logic that would be true. This is not that kind of world.

The media really really REALLY wants Hill to be suspended and as we all know, what the media wants the media always gets.

We'll see. While I continue to believe that there will be no suspension, nothing Goodell does surprises me anymore. Neutral

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:33 pm

JMP wrote:...nothing Goodell does surprises me anymore. Neutral

You got that right!

He's turned out to be a woke shiitehead!

I sure hope you are correct about no suspension too.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:36 pm

Apparently the surveillance video is crappy quality and far away, so I assume it won't show anything of note one way or another. The NFL is going to talk with the police and people involved, so I guess it comes down to what they learn in those interviews.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:48 pm

JMP wrote:The NFL is going to talk with the police and people involved, so I guess it comes down to what they learn in those interviews how long they feel the suspension should be.

Fixed it for you Cool

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:35 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:The NFL is going to talk with the police and people involved, so I guess it comes down to what they learn in those interviews how long they feel the suspension should be.

Fixed it for you Cool

Laughing

Stop doing that to JMP!

You knows he's old..er... Older I mean...

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum