The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening With 2 Road Games...

5 posters

Go down

Opening With 2 Road Games... Empty Opening With 2 Road Games...

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:27 am

This will be the 14th time since the merger the Fins have done so, as opposed to just 3 times of opening with 2 home games. Can't imagine why that would be scratch The NFL especially loved doing this in the '70s and 2010s for some reason.

https://stathead.com/tiny/WYPTY

Then again it might be just as well, since two of the three times they opened with 2 home games they actually lost both  Shocked

https://stathead.com/tiny/A9OPz

Also with a win it would be the first time in a decade they started 2-0 on the road.

Note: in '87 they actually played the first THREE games on the road but the strike was responsible for that, not NFL shenanigans.

EDIT: Okay, second link has home games now, not sure why I posted the same link twice. scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Opening With 2 Road Games... Empty Re: Opening With 2 Road Games...

Post by white1 Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:14 am

Interesting! I'm not putting anything past Bill B.

But we match up well, now. It's McDaniel vs Belichek, and Fangio vs O'Brien to come up with a plan that stymies the opposition.

Boyer only succeeded last year because the Pats offense was so bad and dysfunctional. I still don't view them as a strong unit, and I believe our defense can dominate if the front 7 can accelerate their adaptation to a wildly different scheme...
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:28 am

I think the Pats are gonna try and beat the Phins using their RBs and TEs. How well the Phins D does versus the Pats O is gonna decide the game IMO.

I am interested to see:
A - How the Pats cover Ty Hill
B - How McD has schemed to counter what the Pats do to cover Ty Hill
C - What Fangio has come up with for the Pats
D - How the D-line (Wilkins) bounces back from the Bolts game
E - Hope to see Brooks and Achane in this game.
F - How well the Oline protects Tua. You know Belicheck knows the only way to stop the McD offense is to get Tua shook up.

A 2-0 start on the road would be fantastic.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:59 am

finfanatic wrote:I think the Pats are gonna try and beat the Phins using their RBs and TEs. How well the Phins D does versus the Pats O is gonna decide the game IMO.

I am interested to see:
A - How the Pats cover Ty Hill
B - How McD has schemed to counter what the Pats do to cover Ty Hill
C - What Fangio has come up with for the Pats
D - How the D-line (Wilkins) bounces back from the Bolts game
E - Hope to see Brooks and Achane in this game.
F - How well the Oline protects Tua. You know Belicheck knows the only way to stop the McD offense is to get Tua shook up.

A 2-0 start on the road would be fantastic.

Excellent post, FF!

As to points A and B, I was thinking about both while watching last night's game. Flores is the Vikings' DC now, and obviously runs a Belichick-style defense. Flores made it his priority to stop AJ Brown last night - and he did. The problem is, by doing that he let the Eagles do what they do best: run the ball. And by running the ball almost every down, they were able to soften up the D and find wide-open downfield shots for the other receiver - Devonta Smith - who absolutely destroyed the Vikes.

So what I'm thinking is, Belichick will probably try to take away Hill. By doing so, he just might open things up for both our run game AND the passing game with Waddle and Berrios - and hopefully Achane. McD and Tua have to be aware of that; if Hill is covered, don't force it to him - use your other weapons.

And yes, the other key is Fangio - he really needs to tighten up the defense and find a way to generate turnovers.

I'm going 27-20 Dolphins, with the Pats getting a late TD to make the game look closer than it actually is.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:07 am

DolFan 316 wrote:This will be the 14th time since the merger the Fins have done so, as opposed to just 3 times of opening with 2 home games. Can't imagine why that would be scratch The NFL especially loved doing this in the '70s and 2010s for some reason.

Well, we do finish with 4 of 5 at home, so I definitely can't complain...this time.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:15 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:This will be the 14th time since the merger the Fins have done so, as opposed to just 3 times of opening with 2 home games. Can't imagine why that would be scratch The NFL especially loved doing this in the '70s and 2010s for some reason.

Well, we do finish with 4 of 5 at home, so I definitely can't complain...this time.

Sure you can. We're fans. We can complain any time about anything.

Laughing

I'd still prefer to have some home games in Sept and the heat and humidity in Miami.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:38 pm

I think its a soft cover 2 zone with an emphasis on the middle of the field.

I think they flood the middle while dropping d lineman so the Lb's can get depth. This might mitigate the shots over the middle but the RPO will be a real asset against this type of defense. I'll bet that they will force Miami too run. If they do, it is really important that Mostert, Achane and Ahmed give them quality minutes.

My keys to this game would be the RB room and how they adapt to the run heavy offense. As much as I want to see Tua throw to Tyreek and Waddle. The sure win lies in the effective running/rpo game.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down