The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriots at Jets Sunday

4 posters

Go down

Patriots at Jets Sunday Empty Patriots at Jets Sunday

Post by JMP Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:26 am

The Patriots have beaten the Jets 14 times in a row.  That is not a typo: it is really 14 times in a row.

The Patriots are 0-2 and have been a very flawed team so far.  The Jets "great" defense shutdown the Bills but got absolutely shredded by the Cowboys. Their offense is almost non-existent and Zach Wilson's worst career games have come against the Patriots.

Two teams both heading in the wrong direction. Who wins?

The biggest edge in this game is coaching. The Jets' coaching staff is godawful all around.  Bill Belichick sure hasn't been impressive without Brady, but I'm confident in saying that he can not even show up to the game and still outcoach Robert Saleh.

So in this battle for last place, I'm thinking the Patriots win big - embarrassing the Jets yet again.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Patriots at Jets Sunday Empty Re: Patriots at Jets Sunday

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:26 pm

the Jets are my most hated team. always has been and always will be. any chance to have them humiliated is good by me. i gotta think as soon as the game begins to tip the wrong way, the Jets fans will be out for blood - Zach Wilson's blood. this could get ugly fast.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:50 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i gotta think as soon as the game begins to tip the wrong way, the Jets fans will be out for blood - Zach Wilson's blood.  this could get ugly fast.

Yep, that is a big key. Jets fans are looking for any excuse to trash Zach Wilson, and if he struggles while the Pats jump out to an early lead...it is going to be BRUTAL in that stadium.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:18 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:the Jets are my most hated team.  always has been and always will be.  any chance to have them humiliated is good by me.  i gotta think as soon as the game begins to tip the wrong way, the Jets fans will be out for blood - Zach Wilson's blood.  this could get ugly fast.

Oh if you think you hate them NOW, I could bring up stuff from the past you've probably forgotten that will make you feel about them the way the media feels about Trump! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The Jets used to be my most hated team, but then the Belichick-Brady Era Pats passed them by and now the Bills have passed THEM by. I still hate them mind you, but it's a back burner kinda thing. I might have to turn in my DolFan card but I just can't muster up the energy to hate multiple teams equally as much, it's too exhausting.

Also, Jmp is...right Shocked Shocked Shocked I checked and not only is the 14-game win streak a thing but the last time the Jets won in Foxboro (I refuse to add the pretentious ugh at the end that never existed before 2000 or so) was the infamous playoff upset of the 2010 Pats, who were actually one of the best Belichick-Brady teams!

https://stathead.com/tiny/AuJDu

Incredibly, this isn't even the longest win streak the Pats have had over an AFC East opponent this century! They won a whopping 15 straight VS the Bills from '03-10. It really is disgusting how those two teams have just laid down for them while the Fins at least put up a fight.

https://stathead.com/tiny/MUtVY

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:24 pm

Speaking of Zach Wilson, if you think the 49ers taking Trey Lance #3 overall was bad, Wilson was the 2nd overall pick behind Trevor Lawrence in that same draft!!! The idea that those two were just a shade behind Lawrence in talent and ability was laughable then, and I still recall Jmp saying as much about Wilson. Hell, the likes of Mac Jones, Justin Fields and even DAVIS MILLS currently have more career passing yards and TDs than Wilson! Laughing Laughing Laughing At least the 49ers managed to mitigate their mistake by snagging Brock Purdy. It's just so...JETS to try and do the same thing by trading for a Hall Of Famer who promptly gets injured four plays into the season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/draft.htm

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:29 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Oh if you think you hate them NOW, I could bring up stuff from the past you've probably forgotten that will make you feel about them the way the media feels about Trump! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

in full disclosure, it wasn't always this way. i still like Joe Namath and recognize what he did for the AFC. however, it all turned with the New York Sack Exchange - especially Mark Gastineau. just thinking about their obnoxious behavior (sadly, that which is mostly considered the norm on football fields today) still riles me. it was all exacerbated by the fact that in the middle '80's i went to a university heavily populated by "students" (i use that term loosely) from upper NJ and Long Island (no offense to the otherwise fine folks from these areas) who happened to be annoying Jets fans. Oddly, the Giants fans weren't that bad (different class of people?). i still can't stand most of their fans to this day. and of course, the rest is history and still feel my blood begin to boil whenever i see their logo or those green uniforms. no, i don't need you to remind me of things from the past...i would prefer to go into this weekend calm and happy. Very Happy

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:52 am

Two of my close friends, and even one of my brothers, are Jets fans and it's all good between us - but for the most part Jets fans are the scum of the earth.  Living on Long Island, they're everywhere - and they're loud and obnoxious.  Giants fans are of course plentiful here too - they tend to be a bit more arrogant, but much less obnoxious.

My hatred for the Jets sort of ebbs and flows in intensity.  They usually suck, so it's more like they're an annoying pest that doesn't even matter.  But this offseason, with all the Rodgers hype and bullshit Super Bowl talk, my hatred has gone back up.  Now, I just want to see them suffer. Twisted Evil

Last edited by JMP on Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:04 am

i'm curious. how did your close friends and brother take the Rodgers' injury. was it the utter despair of the season is over? or was it more of the oblivious, that sucks, but hey, you never know what might happen now?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:36 pm

Hmmm...now I'm wondering if Merc and Jmp wet to the same school, the name rhymes with Bony Look scratch

What initially annoyed me about the Jets even before I became a serious NFL fan in '82 was that infernal 7-0-1 streak VS the Fins they had going into that season. I really* wanted that to end and in the '82 opener it did, with a vengeance Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil And yes, even THEN I studied NFL history. I already knew about Namath and the AFL and even that the Jets had started as the Titans.

Oh, and Namath was an overrated hack who himself was a product of hypocrisy since before Super Bowl III the media hated his promiscuous lifestyle even as they worshipped Paul Horning for the exact same behavior, and then AFTER that game suddenly these same guys start thinking Namath can literally do no wrong! Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:45 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i'm curious.  how did your close friends and brother take the Rodgers' injury.  was it the utter despair of the season is over?  or was it more of the oblivious, that sucks, but hey, you never know what might happen now?

The overwhelming thought was "This kind of shit always happens with the Jets - it was almost expected." Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy: things always go wrong with the Jets, so of course Rodgers got hurt!

I think they're just taking a wait and see approach, and just hoping that the defense and run game will at least keep them competitive. I think an ugly loss to the Patriots will put them over the edge. One of them actually thinks Wilson can develop - the others are hoping to trade for a real QB!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:34 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Oh, and Namath was an overrated hack who himself was a product of hypocrisy...

yea, i was probably too young to realize the he really wasn't all that good.  and remember thinking, "well, that didn't work out," when the Rams benched him in 1977 (most people forget the end of his career in LA).  i think i like him more as a goofy personality than i did as a player, but even i knew as a child those pantyhose commercials were just wrong...

Patriots at Jets Sunday Joe-namath.pnt_

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:35 pm

JMP wrote:One of them actually thinks Wilson can develop

that made me laugh.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:50 pm

I want to see Belicheck lose as much as possible since he's chasing The Don.

That said, I expect the Pats to win Sunday. They've had the Jets' number for awhile now.

I respect Namath myself, don't have a problem with him being in Canton since it is the Hall of Fame after all, and he certainly was the most famous football player in the world in the early 70's. The commercial with Farrah Fawcett certainly makes up for the panty hose, he scored Randi Oakes in her prime, and that sideline moment with Suzy Kolber was an all timer (admit it, it was funny!). And yes, Shula lost that Super Bowl, but if he hadn't, he'd have never been a Dolphin. Once Shula made it to Miami, we kicked Joe's ass; we were 12-2 against the Jets from 1970-76.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:38 am

HalCHorn wrote:Randi Oakes

Oh hell yes. Officer Bonnie Clark.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:51 pm

I had my laptop setup with the Jets game on today while I watched the Phins on TV. Zach Wilson had one excellent drive near the end of the game. Other than that, he was as bad as a QB can be. There's just no way the Jets can keep putting him out there - but I hope they do! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:54 pm

Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook combined for 36 yards on 20 carries, with a long of 7!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:00 pm

JMP wrote:I had my laptop setup with the Jets game on today while I watched the Phins on TV.  Zach Wilson had one excellent drive near the end of the game.  Other than that, he was as bad as a QB can be.  There's just no way the Jets can keep putting him out there - but I hope they do! Twisted Evil

What else can they do? Who else can they get? Either someone off the street who hasn't played in ages or mortgaging even more of their future in desperation? And when does it become obvious that they *have* to tank? Or will they stupidly keep pretending they can still make the playoffs for another 10 games or so?

As for Cook, be careful what you wish for Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Should've taken Grier's offer, serves him right for being so greedy!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:56 pm

Coach Saleh after the game, when asked if Zach should still be the starter: "Yeah. He's fine." That line will come back to haunt him when he gets shitcanned later this season.

Saleh also said that they expected to have hiccups early in the season - even with Aaron Rodgers - since it is a new offense. Really coach? All I heard around here was Jets to the Super Bowl because Rodgers. Now you're saying you thought the offense would be bad early even with Rodgers??? Seriously??? What a clown.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:02 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
What else can they do? Who else can they get? Either someone off the street who hasn't played in ages or mortgaging even more of their future in desperation?

They can literally sign ANY QB off the street and he'd be better than Wilson immediately. There have been a lot of bad QBs in the NFL, but I am honestly not sure I've ever seen a worse one than Wilson. Being totally serious here. He has zero pocket presence, horrendous accuracy, no feel for the game, and he runs backwards for 20 yards whenever he gets pressured. Trainwrecks and dumpster fires are embarrassed to be mentioned in the same breath as Zach Wilson.

Give the backup Tim Boyle a start - or better yet, bring in Carson Wentz or Nick Foles. Just do something...you can't keep playing this loser and continually telling the world that he's just fine. But again...I hope they keep trotting this guy out and LOSING.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:06 am

JMP wrote:Coach Saleh after the game, when asked if Zach should still be the starter: "Yeah. He's fine."  That line will come back to haunt him when he gets shitcanned later this season.

Saleh has to be Payton's leading candidate to be Denver's DC next year.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:16 am

wait. what? Mac hit Sauce in the nuts?

he then hit me in my private parts.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sauce-gardner-skirmish-pats-qb-002851606.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down