The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titans at Dolphins preview stuff

5 posters

Go down

Titans at Dolphins preview stuff Empty Titans at Dolphins preview stuff

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:02 am

hopefully with a Monday night game, Thursday practice is like a regular week Wednesday practice and some of these guys will be able to play.

Titans at Dolphins preview stuff Acb0874dda29f16f25a96e0138953aca

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Titans at Dolphins preview stuff Empty Re: Titans at Dolphins preview stuff

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:12 am

I just can't see Tua losing to Will Levis at home. I do think it'll be a lot like the Raiders game, with Vrabel finding a way to keep the Fins' scoring down, but even I, the Potantate Of Pessimism, cannot see a loss unless either Tua is injured mid-game or the team loses focus completely after knowing the Bills lost.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:38 am

Simmons is out but the Titans D is tough.

Per usual, if the Dolphins can get their ground game going, they should be fine.

And of course, the Phins D needs to stop the Titans running game. Force Levis to throw and play for a couple of picks.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:42 am

Hard for me to think of anything else after reading about the Bills terrorist-loving head coach, but I'll try.

Monday night should be another easy win for the Phins.  The Titans are not a good team, by any stretch.  That said, they are well-coached, usually play tough on defense, and Henry and Hopkins are weapons.  If the Dolphins decide to play sloppy and make boneheaded mistakes, they'll lose.  If they play to the level they are capable of, it's a blowout win.

I think McD has this team firing on all cylinders, and I think they understand the stakes.  So I'm going 31-13 Dolphins.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:36 am

Ah JMP, you sure you’re not a bookie? Very Happy Your prediction falls right in line with the oddsmakers.

The current Vegas line is Dolphins by 13 (some at 13.5) with an O/U of 46.5. That would translate to a score in the 31-17 neighborhood. Much has been made about the Phins being 7-1 ATS when favored overall and 4-1 ATS at home with 3 of the contests hitting the over. The game opened at 12.5 but Vegas moved it up a bit as the public money flooded the Dolphins about 80-20. Well, the Dolphins win outright, but Vegas claws some money back (it’s a setup).

Miami – 27
Tennessee – 16

Look for the refs to throw some curious flags that don’t completely derail Miami’s offense, but keep some points off the board (think potential TDs turned into FGs) – and the Titans might get some help on a TD drive (maybe a Kadou phantom PI). The game will feel more lopsided for the Phins than the score indicates. The Phins will grind the clock out at the end, but settle for letting time expire rather than kicking an easy FG that would have them cover. Its amazing how Vegas knows these things.

Hmm, I wonder how much money is being wagered online on the Dolphins in Brazil this weekend following that ESPN Deportes report (i.e., how many Brazilian Reals will Vegas - and subsequently NFL owners - rake in this Monday)?

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:06 am

I was waitin' for the Merc Two Twice report.

Good stuff.

I agree with JMP. If the Phins play well and are not sloppy, they should win comfortably.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:00 am

The damn Rams choked in OT against the Ravens, but at least the Jags and Chiefs lost.

We just need to take care of business, starting tonight.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:13 am

Robert Hunt is officially out. Not sure about Holland and Armstead.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:56 am

I now officially have a horrible, awful, terrible, very bad feeling about this game. It's been nothing but bad vibes since Friday, actually. Everything was going well and then all of a sudden Friday...it wasn't anymore.

Sunday could not have gone worse, that's for sure. Bills and Jets now suddenly have new life out of nowhere. Ravens won instead of losing like they should have. Chargers pretty much are done and will lay down for Barfalo who now looks like they will win out affraid I'm legitimately depressed and even terrified right now. If this game is actually a loss then mark my words--this team is NOT making the playoffs and it'll be an even BIGGER collapse than '93! Also, I'll have to stop posting and caring about the NFL at all for the sake of my sanity. I'll make a farewell post and that'll be it.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:23 am

i'm still hopeful the Phins will win tonight. i don't think they'll cover the now 14 point spread, but i do believe (hope...pray) they'll win. but if this weekend showed me anything, i am definitely expecting some referee shenanigan.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:28 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I now officially have a horrible, awful, terrible, very bad feeling about this game. It's been nothing but bad vibes since Friday, actually. Everything was going well and then all of a sudden Friday...it wasn't anymore.

Sunday could not have gone worse, that's for sure. Bills and Jets now suddenly have new life out of nowhere. Ravens won instead of losing like they should have. Chargers pretty much are done and will lay down for Barfalo who now looks like they will win out affraid 'm legitimately depressed and even terrified right now. If this game is actually a loss then mark my words--this team is NOT making the playoffs and it'll be an even BIGGER collapse than '93! Also, I'll have to stop posting and caring about the NFL at all for the sake of my sanity. I'll make a farewell post and that'll be it.

I'm the opposite. I feel great about tonight's game, and I feel very confident that we can get the #1 seed.

As for the Bills, they are done - they just don't know it yet. But they'll find out after they lose to the Cowboys.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:32 am

JMP wrote:As for the Bills, they are done - they just don't know it yet. But they'll find out after they lose to the Cowboys.

They'd BETTER lose to the Cowboys, because after that they get gimmes VS the Pats and Chargers (not Herberts anymore since he's apparently out now).

Only in today's world would a team rally around a terrorist admiring coach and a misogynist player, and only in today's world would the media and the league suddenly decide both those things are just perfectly fine and dandy. I'll even go as far as to say Toney was paid off to be a Bills mole, there's just no way a veteran NFL player would make a Pee Wee league mistake like that. Hell, all he had to do was look at the ball and see that his foot was at least 6 inches beyond it! I'm absolutely serious.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:35 am

mercury22nathan wrote:i'm still hopeful the Phins will win tonight.  i don't think they'll cover the now 14 point spread, but i do believe (hope...pray) they'll win.  but if this weekend showed me anything, i am definitely expecting some referee shenanigan.

If the officials go out of their way to make the Fins lose at home VS a team that's going nowhere for the "drama" of keeping the Bills alive then I'll probably be done even if they win. Sure is strange how they suddenly decided to stop helping the Eagles the last two games, eh? scratch Or the Chiefs, for that matter.

They also could've easily let that offsides go based on all the other obvious and egregious stuff they've chosen not to see every week. Nobody watching seemed to care one whit about it, they were all too busy raving about the great play for the TD. I'm not sure even BILLS fans realized what was going on until after the fact like everyone else.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:43 am

I will say that things are already going better for me today than they have the past three or four. Maybe that's a good sign? scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:57 am

I think the Titans would have to play MARKEDLY Better than they have been to beat the Phins and the Phins would have to play an absolutely atrocious game to lose tonight.

But as this weekend has shown, "On any given Sunday..."

I am kinda/sorta hoping this will be one of those Magic Monday nights for the Dolphins when everything goes according to plan and they lay a severe arse-whupping on the other team!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:22 am

DolFan 316 wrote:...based on all the other obvious and egregious stuff they've chosen not to see every week.

speaking of obvious and egregious.

Pittsburgh Steelers edge-rusher T.J. Watt suffered more than one big hit against the New England Patriots on Thursday night, and it appears that heaven and earth was moved to endure that Watt returned to play. This despite after a trip to the medical tent, Watt appeared to have sensitivity to light (one symptom of head trauma), and the team had to add a black visor to his face mask.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-t-j-watt-steelers-170230051.html

where is all the outrage over the Steelers being allowed to do any and everything to get Watt (who is now in the protocol) back in the game?

Miami will have to beat Tennessee and the refs tonight.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:26 am

I love how concussions have magically ceased to be an issue this season now that Tua's stopped having them. Go figure. Yet there have been more player injuries than ever. Safety? What safety? Like every other SJW movement since the '60s this one not only backfired but actually made things worse.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:42 pm

They have to stop Henry at the beginning of the game, Vrabel is going to try and Shorten this game as much as Possible. Need to jump on them 14-0 early and than just go from there. I think we can there WR’s away so the RB’s and TE’s will be important for our LB’s & Safeties to do there job.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:03 pm

On concussions:
--You can't tell me that the vicious hit Henry received last week did not result in a concussion - but he never even entered the protocol.
--Even worse, Derek Carr had not one but TWO concussions in less than a month - and didn't miss a game:
New Orleans Saints quarterback Derek Carr, who cleared the concussion protocol and was removed from the injury report, will start Sunday [yesterday] vs. the Carolina Panthers.

"I have felt better, but I'm doing great, that's for sure," Carr said in a pool report distributed to the media by the team Friday.

Carr was placed into the concussion protocol in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions, the second time he had gone into the protocol in a month.

Carr also left the Saints' game against the Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 12 after sustaining a concussion. The Saints were on a bye the next week, but Carr returned the following week against the Atlanta Falcons.

He has not missed a game yet this season despite leaving three games with an injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39080574/derek-carr-expected-start-new-orleans-saints

Yeah, player safety right??? Rolling Eyes Mad

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:04 pm

As for tonight's game, ask yourself this: can the Titans score 30 points? If not, the Dolphins win. It's that simple. Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down