The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets at Dolphins - thoughts and predictions

+3
HalCHorn
finfanatic
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Jets at Dolphins - thoughts and predictions Empty Jets at Dolphins - thoughts and predictions

Post by JMP Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:53 am

The Jets are coming off their best game of the season, completely demolishing the playoff-hopeful Texans behind a relentless passing attack and absolutely dominant defense.  The Dolphins are coming off their worst game of the season, getting embarrassed by the bottom-dwelling Titans on national TV in their own building.  The two teams now meet on Sunday, the Jets looking to avenge their humiliating Black Friday loss and salvage some shred of dignity in a lost season, and the Dolphins looking to right a ship that just a week ago seemed bound for glory but now seems ready to sink in Titanic-sized fashion.

There are two ways this can go for the Dolphins: they win and regain some confidence as they head toward a brutal stretch of games that will define their season, or they lose and curl up in the fetal position and, for all practical purposes, die a slow, painful death.

I'm not feeling terribly confident about this one, given the plethora of injuries the Dolphins are dealing with.  However, I still believe in this team - coaching staff and players - and I think they find a way to win in an ugly, hard-fought game.  I'm going 20-17 Dolphins, with Sanders winning it on a long last-minute FG.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Jets at Dolphins - thoughts and predictions Empty Re: Jets at Dolphins - thoughts and predictions

Post by finfanatic Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:04 am

I don't know.

That Titans game had all the earmarks of the December collapse we have all come to know and fear IMO.

McD did not seem to have a freakin' clue how to put the team back on the correct path.

The offense is susceptible to exactly what the Titans showed. It has been since McD got to Miami and he has YET to fix that.

The defense... That last 3 minutes was almost Chargers like deplorable IMO.

This Phins team needs a LEADER. I do not think it is McD and we know it is not Tua, so....

Maybe the Phins can get this win versus the Jets. I doubt they win any of the other games, but...

They have a shot in this one assuming they do not completely stink it up. Sad

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Jets at Dolphins - thoughts and predictions Empty Re: Jets at Dolphins - thoughts and predictions

Post by JMP Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:32 am

Elliott and Hunt have been ruled out for Sunday. Sad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:43 pm

Lots of injuries, makeshift line, but a must win no matter who is on the field. Fins will either play like their playoff lives depend on it, or not. Whether or not they realize it, their playoff lives do depend on this one.

I think they find a way, jolted awake. It won't be the prettiest game, probably a lot like the win over the Raiders, but I think they find a way. I'll say 24-16 Fins.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:40 pm

Trusting the Dolphins is like trusting a cheater. They will break your heart. Such a rocky relationship now. Miami 17, jets 14.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:41 pm

CarsonChris wrote:They will break your heart.

Over and over and over and over and over and....

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:54 pm

The Dolphins have been doing mostly walk-through practices all week with the short week. Tyreek hasn't done anything. It's not a good sign that he can't even participate in a walk-through. I suppose there's a chance he plays, but I'm going to assume he's out. Sad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:45 pm

Hunt has become Mr Softy can't believe how many Games he Missed with a Hamstring Injury. Hill has said that He expects to Play on Sunday and Coach is going to give Him more Latitude since he is a Veteran Player.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:01 pm

I will probaly miss the 1st Half due to helping My Wife set things up for a Holiday Party that I'm not going to be at.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:17 pm

Sorry boys. The season is on life support after this one.

Jets - 19
Dolphins - 13

I’ve seen this movie before and it doesn’t end well. I can’t believe I bought the popcorn again.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:57 am

I'm not feeling terribly confident about this one, given the plethora of injuries the Dolphins are dealing with. However, I still believe in this team - coaching staff and players - and I think they find a way to win in an ugly, hard-fought game. I'm going 20-17 Dolphins, with Sanders winning it on a long last-minute FG.

My thoughts summed up exactly.

Unfortunately, I'm going with Merc. I'm tempted to put some money on the Jets, that's how strongly I feel about this one.

Our defense has a chance but with Holland playing hurt (at best), and both Elliott and Howard out - our passing defense takes a huge step back. Don't forget about Breece Hall either, a very good running back.

I'm going 17-6 Jets win.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:04 pm

Phillips, Hunt, Hill, Williams, Howard all missing from the last Jests game, and they have a better QB starting.

Doesn't matter.  Playoff teams handle this at home. Today is make or break for the season.

HalCHorn

white1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:28 pm

Phillips, Hunt, Hill, Williams, Howard all missing from the last Jests game, and they have a better QB starting.

Doesn't matter. Playoff teams handle this at home. Today is make or break for the season.

I will be impressed and pleasantly surprised if the Fins pull this off.

The cynical fan in me is saying "no chance"...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down