The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingsbury NOT going to be the Raiders OC

4 posters

Go down

Kingsbury NOT going to be the Raiders OC Empty Kingsbury NOT going to be the Raiders OC

Post by finfanatic Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:23 pm

This was reported as a done deal and now it looks like Kingsbury has removed himself from consideration for the job, and the Raiders are going after Luke Getsy, a former Bears OC??? I heard they were interviewing Chip Kelley from UCLA? And they pick a Bears OC??

Kingsbury, the thinking goes, is up to be Dan Quinns Washington Commanders OC, and have plenty of control over the whole offense.

I think I would choose Washington and it's new owner over Dingbat Davis and the Raiders too!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kingsbury NOT going to be the Raiders OC Empty Re: Kingsbury NOT going to be the Raiders OC

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:06 pm

I must say, it feels good to see this happening to ANOTHER team for a change Twisted Evil

This is why I don't accept any news of this nature at face value until enough time has passed that I know beyond a shadow of a sliver of an iota of doubt that it's actually true. Typical modern media, so desperate to "scoop" each other that whether the "news" they're 'reporting" is true or not literally makes no difference to them. And it's not just mainstream media either, not by a long shot. You've got all these schmucks on Youtube tripping over themselves to clickbait everyone into thinking they--and only they--have "inside sources" that know something's true before everyone else's sources.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kingsbury NOT going to be the Raiders OC Empty Re: Kingsbury NOT going to be the Raiders OC

Post by JMP Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am

What's really interesting about this move is that Kingsbury was USC's QB coach this season - where he coached Caleb Williams, who is expected to go #1 overall in April's draft. The Commanders hold the #2 spot. Could this mean that the Commanders will try to move up to 1, giving the Bears even more draft ammo??? Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:22 am

Hmm? I had not considered that!

That really makes a lot of sense.

I did hear a rumor that Caleb was letting it be known he was not interested in going to Chi-town!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:44 pm

finfanatic wrote:Hmm? I had not considered that!

That really makes a lot of sense.

I did hear a rumor that Caleb was letting it be known he was not interested in going to Chi-town!

I remember when people bashed and trashed Eli for refusing to be drafted by the Chargers--which turned out to be a wise decision. I expect those same people to fully support Williams whe he throws a 2020s-style hissyfit and refuses to be drafted by the Bears because hypocrisy's at an all-time high these days.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:29 am

all i heard was that some teams are concerned about his leadership abilities cause he likes to cry and wear nail polish (not that there is anything wrong with that, wink, wink).

The concerns about Williams' character weren't surfaced for no reason. Some pundits were concerned about his leadership at USC. After losing to Washington, Williams cried in the stands while his mother covered his face. He's also been seen playing with painted nails, which some turned into a cry about his toughness and ability to lead men.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-insider-reports-interesting-findings-011704435.html

he's definitely a different dude, but then again so is Kingsbury. really though, as long as he can sling that ball well, he'll get his chance (and money).

although, more concerning to me is that his teammates didn't seem to like him much...

The closest concern that's come from Williams' leadership department is the celebrations his team did during the Holiday Bowl. Some of his teammates can be heard yelling "We're finally a team" after scoring a touchdown. Williams didn't play in that season-finale game.

but maybe being liked by your fellow players isn't a prerequisite for success.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am

I've actually been off Williams for months. Yes, he's made my infamous future bust list. It never ceases to amaze me how many QBs get talked up and drafted in the first round who have no business being drafted before the 5th at best. If you recall, I told everyone from the start that Darnold and Rosen would be busts. I'm sure it's on here somewhere.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:31 pm

I don't really like any QBs in this draft.

Jaden Daniels intrigues me, and is the one guy I think can potentially be a star, but I don't view him as a sure thing at all.

Bo Nix seems like he'd be a good fit for the Dolphins, but to me he's an ideal #2 and may or may not ever develop into a starter.

Sam Hartman is awful.

On Williams: maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard anyone mention his size as a problem. That's funny, because he's the same size as Tua, maybe even smaller...and even after dominating the NFL (statistically, anyway) there are still people saying Tua is too small, and of course it was a primary negative for him in the draft process. scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:04 pm

I don't get why thre's this "Williams or nobody" mindset in terms of the top pick. scratch Even if I'm somehow wrong about him, he's still nowhere near the level Burrow was yet both of them could end up being the top pick in their drafts, which blows my mind Shocked

Then again a draft will only have as many as 3 franchise-level QBs every 20 years or so. Most of the time there isn't even one. And when you think about it, that makes perfect sense. It's simply not mathematically possible for every first round QB in every draft to be a top 10 guy let alone top 5.

I do get the sense that Maye will be an average starter. Daniels is a wild card. But I'm not exactly filled with fear at the Pats drafting any of them.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:07 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I don't get why thre's this "Williams or nobody" mindset in terms of the top pick. scratch Even if I'm somehow wrong about him, he's still nowhere near the level Burrow was yet both of them could end up being the top pick in their drafts, which blows my mind Shocked

Then again a draft will only have as many as 3 franchise-level QBs every 20 years or so. Most of the time there isn't even one. And when you think about it, that makes perfect sense. It's simply not mathematically possible for every first round QB in every draft to be a top 10 guy let alone top 5.

I do get the sense that Maye will be an average starter. Daniels is a wild card. But I'm not exactly filled with fear at the Pats drafting any of them.

I agree with all of this.

I'd love to see the Pats fail miserably with another first round QB! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:09 am

Yeah, whatever the news is on Williams, it seems to have creeped into the mock draft generators. On one of them... PFN's I think...Williams is there at 21 every so often!!

I don't think any of these QBs are sure fire like Burrows.

At least the Phins have Tua. I just wonder if they are going to lock him up long term and how much cap hit there will be?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:08 am

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, whatever the news is on Williams, it seems to have creeped into the mock draft generators. On one of them... PFN's I think...Williams is there at 21 every so often!!

I don't think any of these QBs are sure fire like Burrows.

At least the Phins have Tua. I just wonder if they are going to lock him up long term and how much cap hit there will be?

It would be SHOCKING to see Williams fall that far! But it would be great for the Phins - we could probably get a nice haul for a team wanting to trade up!

I think the Tua contract is a question of when and not if. I've read that the cap hit for 2024 would likely be $6-7 million...that is based off the Jalen Hurts deal. That Hurts deal isn't bad at all in terms of cap hits by year: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/jalen-hurts-47648/. Of course, spreading out the bulk of the cap hit to future years has ramifications way down the road, but that's not a worry for today.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down