The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Combine Freaks list from Bruce Feldman

4 posters

Go down

Pre-Combine Freaks list from Bruce Feldman Empty Pre-Combine Freaks list from Bruce Feldman

Post by finfanatic Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:21 pm

These are guys he is interested in seeing.

The Athletic's Feldman's Freak List

I doubt the Dolphins will be getting this RB I think would be perfect in McD's system: Mad

7. Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee
The 20-year-old junior ran for 1,000 yards this season and a few scouts this week predicted he would be one of the three fastest players in Indianapolis. The 5-11, 210-pounder, No. 24 on the Freaks List in 2022, has a lot of juice. He’s clocked 23.6 MPH in practice and vertical jumped 44 inches and went 10-8 in the broad jump last year. In high school, he ran a hand-timed 4.28 40.

I suspect he will raise his ranking after the combine.

Lots of nice tidbits about some of the freakish athletes in the article.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pre-Combine Freaks list from Bruce Feldman Empty Re: Pre-Combine Freaks list from Bruce Feldman

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:39 pm

I saw a mock somewhere saying the Fins would be taking this guy so I did a look-see and...yes, he's fast.

He's also frail, likely to be knocked down by a moderate breeze and pass pro will be a major issue for him. Then there's that funky Vols system that doesn't translate to the NFL. I'd pass.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pre-Combine Freaks list from Bruce Feldman Empty Re: Pre-Combine Freaks list from Bruce Feldman

Post by JMP Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:41 am

From that list, I think WR Roman Wilson and CB Cam Hart are great fits for the Dolphins. Wilson is fast and consistently gets open - probably the two biggest requirements for a WR in this scheme. Hart is a 6'3" corner with blazing speed - I bet Weaver will love his skillset and ability to play multiple secondary positions.

And the more I see of LB Payton Wilson, the more I like him - the injury history is a major red flag, but he's an athletic freak and a helluva linebacker coming off an outstanding senior season. He's exactly what we need. Even with the injuries, I think I'd take him at 55. But after the Combine, he may not last that long - he's going to dominate.

As far as Jaylen Wright, I don't really see how he'd fit in on the Phins. He wasn't all that productive in college, and we already have a couple of small, fast backs. If we do add a back, IMO it has to be someone that brings a new dimension to the team - preferably someone bigger that can catch and block.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:05 pm

Wilson and Latu are two of the most talented players I've seen in a while with injury flags that large. I fully expect Grier to take them at 21 and 53 on that basis and roll the dice that they can both stay healthy.....yikes.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:41 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Wilson and Latu are two of the most talented players I've seen in a while with injury flags that large.  I fully expect Grier to take them at 21 and 53 on that basis and roll the dice that they can both stay healthy.....yikes.

You beat me to it. Not sure how I could've missed this or thought Grier would do anything else. Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 am

Wilson is a gamble I'd be willing to take. He's that good.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:12 pm

Been watching this guy for years, and I'd trust him more than at least 90% of draft "experts".

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:10 am

Yeah, this guy has a good record in identifying "Plus Starters".

Jaylen Wright as maybe the first RB off the board??!??

I like his speed and nimble feets, but dang!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:14 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Been watching this guy for years, and I'd trust him more than at least 90% of draft "experts".

A lot of good stuff there. cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down