The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear evidence of Atlanta tampering

4 posters

Go down

Clear evidence of Atlanta tampering Empty Clear evidence of Atlanta tampering

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:06 am

so Kirk admitted in his introductory press conference that Atlanta tampered.

During Cousins' opening news conference, he indicated he had spoken with the team's head trainer before 4 p.m. on March 13, when the new league year was set to open. Teams can speak with agents during the legal negotiating window from noon ET on March 11 until the start of the new year, but cannot speak with players directly unless the player does not have an agent and is his own representation.

"When you get here and you look around and you think, boy, there's great people here," Cousins said on March 13. "And it's not just the football team. I mean, I'm looking at the support staff, meeting, calling yesterday, calling our head athletic trainer and talking to our head of PR, I'm thinking we've got good people here."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39809081/arthur-blank-believe-falcons-tampered-kirk-cousins

now, i don't think it really means a whole lot. the fact the he personally spoke with team personnel before the official date allowing such conversations did not influence his or either teams decisions. but rules are rules and they are there for a reason and are otherwise rendered irrelevant unless enforced. so NFL, when is ok to break the rules - and hour before, a day, a week, perhaps a month?

but the NFL will do nothing cause you know, its not the Miami Dolphins.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Clear evidence of Atlanta tampering Empty Re: Clear evidence of Atlanta tampering

Post by JMP Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:06 am

All I ask is equal rules, and equal enforcement of those rules, for each team. Apparently that's just not possible. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Clear evidence of Atlanta tampering Empty Re: Clear evidence of Atlanta tampering

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:07 pm

No no NO, you guys are looking at this all wrong. By admitting it, Cousins has already shown he and the Falcons have learned their lesson you see, and thus there's no need for any punishment. Wink  

Also, you can't expect the NFL to care about a piddly thing like this when there's no accusation of racism involved. That would be silly, silly Razz

Also, this is just "misinformation" being spread by "conspiracy theorists" and thus should be completely disregarded altogether.

BTW don't step on that rug over there, the footing's too unstable from all the stuff that's under it.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:54 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, 316. I feel much better. Neutral

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

Well... it could be one of those things the NFL will punish, but do so in an offhand way like they did when they punished the Cardinals for Tampering with Gannon?

I think it was DURING the draft right when the Eagles or Cardinals were picking, that they sort of slipped the announcement of an Eagles pick being rewarded to the Cardinals IIRC??

Can't be focusing the spotlight on this sort of unseemly behavior for a PR driven league like the woke-arse Goodell NFL!!

Just a bunch of chicken-hearted dipshiites IMHO!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:50 pm

I figured Merc would be interested in this...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/04/falcons-expected-to-face-more-significant-tampering-punishment-than-eagles

SO...the Falcons will get punished, but not until next year's draft because gee golly gosh, it just wouldn't be FAIR to punish them THIS year, we need to give the poor Falcons time to prepare for this slap on the wrist Rolling Eyes Also, the Chiefs (and Andy Reid) tampered in the past but their punishment was so mild I'm just now finding out about it and of course they had to mention the Fins and how their tampering was somehow much worse than any other team's tampering ever Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I figured Merc would be interested in this...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/04/falcons-expected-to-face-more-significant-tampering-punishment-than-eagles

SO...the Falcons will get punished, but not until next year's draft because gee golly gosh, it just wouldn't be FAIR to punish them THIS year, we need to give the poor Falcons time to prepare for this slap on the wrist Rolling Eyes Also, the Chiefs (and Andy Reid) tampered in the past but their punishment was so mild I'm just now finding out about it and of course they had to mention the Fins and how their tampering was somehow much worse than any other team's tampering ever Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It really is absurd - and it's reported as if it makes sense and is perfectly logical. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:43 am

it appears once again that Robert Kraft is the determiner of NFL punishments. Miami, competitor, slam them. Falcons, Blank is a friend, slap on the wrist. Patriots, spygate, burn the tapes - nothing to see here.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 am

Yep, while Goodell sits back and counts his money.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down