The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!

+2
JMP
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Empty 316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:50 pm

Forget this team and put yourself in the shoes of the Pats, Jets and Bills. What would YOU do if you were drafting for THEM?  Twisted Evil

I used the PFN simulator (the one FF uses) and did all three in the same draft. That way any player taken by one team is taken for good, as opposed to doing three separate drafts for each team in which the same player(s) could in theory be taken by a different one each time. The rules are simple: trades are allowed and you MUST take it seriously, as if you were their actual GM. Here's mine to start. Notice the trades I made.

316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Screen10
316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Screen11
316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Screen12

Doing the Bills actually turned out to be the toughest of all, just because they have so many low picks. Also, I have no idea how the Jets will take a top O-linemen if they don't do it right away, but in this particular case the lure of Bowers was too much for me to resist. I didn't have the cojones to trade down from 3 and IMO the Pats shouldn't either.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Empty Re: 316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!

Post by JMP Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:01 pm

Great stuff, 316! When I have time I'll definitely play along.

BTW - the Jets have rebuilt their OL in free agency so they no longer have to draft OL early.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:32 pm

JMP wrote:Great stuff, 316!  When I have time I'll definitely play along.

BTW - the Jets have rebuilt their OL in free agency so they no longer have to draft OL early.

They signed two guards as far as I know. Not exactly a total rebuild. scratch

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/new-york-jets/signed/

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:41 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Great stuff, 316!  When I have time I'll definitely play along.

They signed two guards as far as I know. Not exactly a total rebuild. scratch

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/new-york-jets/signed/

They definitely need depth, but right now their starting 5 is set. They signed LT Tyron Smith, traded for RT Morgan Moses, and signed LG John Simpson (a 17-game starter for the Ravens in 2023). They also have young center Joe Tippmann, and Alijah Vera-Tucker (RG - can also play LG and both tackle spots) should be ready for the start of the season.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:04 am

This was a lot harder than I thought.

I finally decided to take the trade downs if I thought they were worth it.

316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Screen40

Barfalo I have no idea what they are going to do. Other than implode and get the HC and GM fired hopefully that is!! Twisted Evil

NE will probably take a QB at #3, but I am starting to wonder if any of these top ranked QBs are going to turn out to be franchise worthy! And awful lot of QB buts the last few years at the top it seems. I think the Pats traded down twice and got the QB who just might turn out to be the surprise of the draft IMO. They also got a 1st and two more 2nds for next years draft.

The Jets had better take an Olineman. It is starting to look like they are setting up to NOT TAKE an Olineman, but surely that is not the case??? They picked up a 1st in 2025 for trading down a few spots and still got the LT.

Phins traded down and got the Olineman they need. I am actually seeing a few draft "experts" ranking Barton ahead of JPJ?!?!

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:55 am

i don't do mock drafts as it just makes a mockery of the whole process - and Grier does a good enough job of that on his own. Very Happy

but yea, i think the Pats go QB at 3 and surprise by taking JJ McCarthy.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:14 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i don't do mock drafts as it just makes a mockery of the whole process - and Grier does a good enough job of that on his own.  Very Happy

but yea, i think the Pats go QB at 3 and surprise by taking JJ McCarthy.  

There is no mockery intended. This is clearly a lampoon! Shocked Laughing Cool

The Pats had a shot at Jayden Daniels at #3 in my mock and I took the trade down. Old JJ does seem to be shooting up the boards in a similar manner to Baker Mayfield IMO.

Anybody know anything about Pratt the QB from Tulane?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Anybody know anything about Pratt the QB from Tulane?

All I know is what I saw from him during the Senior Bowl practices. I'd say he's a late-round prospect with some upside. He was a TD machine at Tulane, but I wasn't overly impressed with his arm or accuracy. Of course, you'll see some articles that say the exact opposite about his Senior Bowl performance, but I call it like I see it! I'd say he has the tools to eventually be a decent #2 and spot starter, but I don't see him as a future starter.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:47 pm

Ok, I'll do it, with Miami included, same site.

Barfalo:

Amarius Mims
OT Georgia

Kamren Kinchens
S Miami (FL)

Mason McCormick
OG South Dakota State

Cam Hart
CB Notre Dame

Jordan Jefferson
DT LSU

Isaiah Adams
OG Illinois

Cedric Johnson
EDGE Ole Miss

Marist Liufau
LB Notre Dame

Tarheeb Still
CB Maryland

Jowon Briggs
DT Cincinnati

Carter Bradley
QB South Alabama

Da Fins:
Byron Murphy II
DT Iowa
trade-icon

Edgerrin Cooper
LB Texas A&M

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger
OC Georgia
trade-icon

Jalyx Hunt
EDGE Houston Christian
trade-icon

Garret Greenfield
OT South Dakota State
trade-icon

Christian Jones
OT Texas

Mohamed Kamara
EDGE Colorado State

Tanner McLachlan
TE Arizona
trade-icon

2025 BAL 4th

Patsies:
Jayden Daniels
QB LSU

Keon Coleman
WR Florida State

Ruke Orhorhoro
DT Clemson

Austin Booker
EDGE Kansas

Javon Solomon
EDGE Troy

Keith Randolph Jr.
DT Illinois

Evan Williams
S Oregon

Logan Lee
DT Iowa

Jests:
NFL-team-logo
Dallas Turner
EDGE Alabama

Ja'Tavion Sanders
TE Texas

NFL-team-logo
Calen Bullock
S USC

NFL-team-logo
Ray Davis
RB Kentucky

NFL-team-logo
Khristian Boyd
DT Nothern Iowa

NFL-team-logo
Jaden Crumedy
DT Mississippi State

NFL-team-logo
Gabriel Murphy

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

Yeah, after the LSU Pro Day, not event he Pats are dumb enough to pass on Daniels if he is there IMO. The questions is, are the CommanderSkins dumb enough to pass on Daniels.

Tulane QB Pratt is listed as the #8 QB by Draft Buzz. I have spoken to a friend and he says Pratt reminds him of Chad Pennington, very football smart. He also said if Pratt had a better arm, he would be in consideration for a 1st round pick, that his other QB skills are that good.

Here is Draft Buzz Summary on Pratt:

Michael Pratt might not be the flashiest name in the 2024 draft, but his qualities are noteworthy. His football IQ and potential are significant draws for NFL teams. Pratt's grit and determination on the field are standout traits, demonstrating a competitive toughness that's highly valued at the pro level.

He's got a knack for making plays even when the pocket breaks down, a skill that's crucial in the NFL. Among the quarterbacks in the 2024 class, Pratt has one of the most solid operational frameworks. His mechanics are on point, he's disciplined in his approach, and he consistently delivers accurate throws. He's the kind of quarterback who can read the field effectively, anticipate receiver routes, spot mismatches, and outsmart defenders with his vision. As a timing and rhythm passer, he's got the physical tools to become a reliable starter in the right NFL system.

Get that, timing and rhythm passer anyone???

And then there is this from Pete Prisco...
316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Screen41

I am not going to say Brock Purdy just because I know what it will do to DF316, but...

If the Phins do need a draft pick QB, they could do a lot worse than Pratt I am thinking.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 pm

316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Bills11
316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Jets11
316's Mock Draft Challenge!!!  Pats10

I don't know why the images are so damn big, but you should be able to see 'em all. This was my first mock simulator experience - very nerve-wracking! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:04 am

You should have done the Dolphins at the same time as the other AFC East teams, JMP. Talk about torture.

Grier definitely earns his money. Heck, anybody who has to make these decisions deserves the money they are paid. It ain't easy for sure.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:41 am

finfanatic wrote:You should have done the Dolphins at the same time as the other AFC East teams, JMP. Talk about torture.

Grier definitely earns his money. Heck, anybody who has to make these decisions deserves the money they are paid. It ain't easy for sure.

LOL It was bad enough picking players I liked for teams I hate! I will try a Phins-only draft though.

GMs definitely do not have it easy! I wonder how many trade opportunities actually come up on draft day???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm

I just now noticed that PFN has added a Create Room feature. It's exactly what you think it is, someone creates a group of a certain amount of people and can even dictate the number of rounds too. I thought about doing it but I'm fairly certain everybody in the group would have to be doing the mock at the same time. Let me know if you're interested and want to set up a time, I'd love to mock with you guys so much I wouldn't even mind being the Jets, Bills or Pats. And only one of us could be the Fins anyway so...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:14 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I just now noticed that PFN has added a Create Room feature. It's exactly what you think it is, someone creates a group of a certain amount of people and can even dictate the number of rounds too. I thought about doing it but I'm fairly certain everybody in the group would have to be doing the mock at the same time. Let me know if you're interested and want to set up a time, I'd love to mock with you guys so much I wouldn't even mind being the Jets, Bills or Pats. And only one of us could be the Fins anyway so...

Great idea! I'm not sure if I can find the time in the next couple of weeks, but if something is set up I'll try and make it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:40 am

I’m interested. I’ll take the Giants since I know them pretty well. My advice would be to ensure we have “owners” for the AFC east then priority to top picks (Chicago, Wash, etc) for rest of the owners - we could assign Fins randomly some how
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down