The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua works on throwing motion

5 posters

Go down

Tua works on throwing motion Empty Tua works on throwing motion

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:49 am

Video embedded in the article.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/10/tua-tagovailoa-video-throwing-motion-3dqb-training/

it is apparently not much, but a tweak to help him gain more hip torque (power) and step into his throws. considering his biggest throwing weakness was lack of zip on the intermediate out routes (think sideline and outside the numbers between 5-15 yards) this can only help. glad to see he is taking the time to improve. deep ball and middle routs are perfectly fine.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Tua works on throwing motion Empty Re: Tua works on throwing motion

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:29 am

I watched the vid. Not much of a change. But if he can get a little more "oomphf" in his sideline out passes, it would be a terrific thing IMHO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:30 pm

The best view was the last, with Tua throwing towards the camera. It gives you a full picture of the tweak that the side views don't.

BTW did anybody else catch this bit?

There have been rumors that Tagovailoa began working with 3DQB this offseason, a quarterback training company that has worked with a long list of players that includes Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Lamar Jackson. The company’s coaches include Tom House and former Dolphins quarterback John Beck.

Not sure how I feel about THAT guy teaching other QBs how to improve mechanics, but maybe it's the opposite of the whole great players making bad coaches thing scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pm

Great news!  I love how every year we hear an offseason story about what Tua is working on, and then we see it in action during the season.  Let's hope that trend continues, and Tua can now add a bit more zip to those intermediate throws.

BTW - John Beck has had a very successful 10+ year career as a trainer with the 3DQB training company.  3DQB was founded by former major league baseball pitcher Tom House, who worked with Drew Brees and Tom Brady. 3DQB has gone on to work with other top QBs, including Burrow, Stafford, Ryan, Stroud, Prescott, Hurts, and many more.  He may not have been a good NFL QB, but Beck has done a helluva job as a trainer by all accounts.

Last edited by JMP on Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:57 am

I always thought that his Throwing Motion was different to Protect his Hip, Glad that His Hip is to the Point in Recovery where he can finally cut in Loose. Great to See.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:25 am

finskev wrote:I always thought that his Throwing Motion was different to Protect his Hip, Glad that His Hip is to the Point in Recovery where he can finally cut in Loose. Great to See.

Yep. I'd also like to see him improve his footwork on deep throws. He's been a great deep passer, but I think he could be even better if he cleans up that weird side-step he does with his front foot when he throws longer passes.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:57 pm

Yeah, I saw one of the very good QBs... I can't remember who... giving Beck credit for his big contract. He said Beck really cleaned up his footwork and arm angles and it had made a big difference.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down