The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cautionary Tale...

3 posters

Go down

A Cautionary Tale... Empty A Cautionary Tale...

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:47 pm

For anyone and everyone going gaga over Williams, Maye, Daniels, and even the likes of JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix and Michael Penix.

Five of the six QBs drafted in the first round just 3 years ago have already been kicked to the curb by the teams picking them. And so-called "generational" Trevor Lawrence has been a big bunch of meh so far, to the point where nobody's even talked about him for 2 years.

(Mic drop.)

Posted this here specifically for white1. He knows why. But it goes for the rest of you as well Cool

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

A Cautionary Tale... Empty Re: A Cautionary Tale...

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 am

for comparison's sake, look into your crystal ball and tell me, how do you think this crop will compare to the top 6 QBs from the 2020 draft? and can you see any similarities in any of them?

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 pm

Oh, I totally get it DF. For all the hype, the math says most of these QBs will not pan out.

I was a HUGE Trevor Lawrence fan when he was coming out of college. I must admit I am surprised by his lack of success, especially after year one under the new coach. If anything he regressed last year.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:12 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:for comparison's sake, look into your crystal ball and tell me, how do you think this crop will compare to the top 6 QBs from the 2020 draft?  and can you see any similarities in any of them?

First of all there is no Burrow in this draft. Not even close. Nobody with the size of Herbert either. IMO this class is closer to '21. Williams is the guy who everybody thinks is great but will be average at best (Lawrence). McCarthy is the next Mac Jones. Daniels is a skinnier Fields/Trey Lance but I have a feeling he'll be a bit better. Penix will be a more injury-prone Fields. Hard for me to see how Maye will flop as badly as Wilson though. Nix is just meh. Career backup at best. Just not seeing any franchise guys out of this bunch at all but maybe a couple of decent ones.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 pm

white1 wrote:Oh, I totally get it DF.  For all the hype, the math says most of these QBs will not pan out.

I was a HUGE Trevor Lawrence fan when he was coming out of college.  I must admit I am surprised by his lack of success, especially after year one under the new coach.  If anything he regressed last year.  

Lawrence appears to be a classic case of too much too soon. When you win a national title as a true freshman there's nowhere to go from there but down. Just one year later Burrow punked him and made him look obsolete in the title game and then that virus thing happened and Clemson didn't even make the playoff and got thrashed by Finskev's team in the Sugar Bowl. Seeing a pattern here yet? It's easy in hindsight of course but even in his final college season I remember rumblings wondering what was wrong with him. They were faint but they existed.

Everybody rightfully gives him a free pass for Urban (yet some of those same people don't give Tua a pass for being treated the same by Flores, go figure) but man oh man, if the Chargers don't Charger in that one playoff game you're looking at a so-called "generational" prospect going into year four with zero playoff wins and a 17-17 record as a starter (counting postseason) in two non-Urban seasons. Not that the media would ever tell you this since their strategy concerning Lawrence is "let's stop talking about him and hope nobody notices how wrong we were". In other words, the same strategy they use every other time their opinions presented as facts turn out to be blatantly false.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down