The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case Against Campbell

5 posters

Go down

Case Against Campbell Empty Case Against Campbell

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:27 am

Not that I'm really advocating anyone else for the job next season. Yet. But through the first four games the Fins were 28th in point differential.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=2015&year_max=2015&game_type=R&playoff_round=&game_num_min=1&game_num_max=4&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&game_day_of_week=&game_time=&time_zone=&game_location=&surface=&roof=&stadium_id=&temperature_gtlt=lt&temperature=&game_result=&overtime=&league_id=&team_id=&team_conf_id=&team_div_id=&opp_id=&opp_conf_id=&opp_div_id=&team_off_scheme=&team_def_align=&opp_off_scheme=&opp_def_align=&conference_game=&division_game=&tm_is_playoff=&opp_is_playoff=&tm_is_winning=&opp_is_winning=&tm_scored_first=&tm_led=&tm_trailed=&tm_won_toss=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=points_diff

Then Philbin got the boot and the next six quarters were glorious. But after that the Fins have lost 5 of 7 and you can arguably say they should've lost all of them. Not only that but over the last seven games they are...31st in point differential. The only team worse is the Browns.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=2015&year_max=2015&game_type=R&playoff_round=&game_num_min=7&game_num_max=13&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&game_day_of_week=&game_time=&time_zone=&game_location=&surface=&roof=&stadium_id=&temperature_gtlt=lt&temperature=&game_result=&overtime=&league_id=&team_id=&team_conf_id=&team_div_id=&opp_id=&opp_conf_id=&opp_div_id=&team_off_scheme=&team_def_align=&opp_off_scheme=&opp_def_align=&conference_game=&division_game=&tm_is_playoff=&opp_is_playoff=&tm_is_winning=&opp_is_winning=&tm_scored_first=&tm_led=&tm_trailed=&tm_won_toss=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=points_diff

I have yet to see anyone else bring this up. Leave it to me Laughing But seriously, if the players want Campbell back they sure do have a weird way of showing it. Might as well have just kept Philbin on, at least that way a top 5 spot would be assured by now.

IMO the only real change I can discern is that the team had no emotion under Philbin and with Campbell they've gone too far the other way, committing mind-blowingly dumb penalties to prove they're "macho". I'm not saying Campbell's advocating this--I'm pretty sure he's not--but he's not doing nearly enough to discourage it either.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Case Against Campbell Empty Re: Case Against Campbell

Post by JMP Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:13 am

I think the biggest issues with this team are crappy coordinators on both sides, and a crappy roster on both sides. Campbell hasn't set the world on fire, but he at least appears competent - which is a major upgrade for the Phins. If there's a better head coach candidate, by all means go get him. I just don't see anyone out there that would want to jump into this dumpster fire that would be any better than Campbell - who is young and has tone of room to grow, which I think is an important factor. As I've said, Hue Jackson intrigues me - but I don't see why he'd want to come here. I think he's heading straight to Indy.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:29 pm

He wouldn't have come back if his record was 8-4. Ross and Tannenbaum love to make the big splash, so they'll fail to get Payton and end up with some cheese dick.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:38 pm

I heard Jeff Fisher may not come back to The Rams, wherever they end up playing. Ross was hot for him, before he finally settled for grampa joe.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:17 pm

Degarmo wrote:He wouldn't have come back if his record was 8-4.  Ross and Tannenbaum love to make the big splash, so they'll fail to get Payton and end up with some cheese dick.

Yep, that's my take as well. And within a few years, Campbell will be considered one of the top young head coaches in the game - for another team.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:42 am

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:He wouldn't have come back if his record was 8-4.  Ross and Tannenbaum love to make the big splash, so they'll fail to get Payton and end up with some cheese dick.

Yep, that's my take as well.  And within a few years, Campbell will be considered one of the top young head coaches in the game - for another team.

Exactly. So tired of the lack of long-term thinking that really dates back to Jimmy losing interest around his third season.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down