The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennings cut, Suh restructured, Mario Williams visiting

+5
white1
Birdmond
DolFan 316
JEGnj
JMP
9 posters

Go down

Jennings cut, Suh restructured, Mario Williams visiting Empty Jennings cut, Suh restructured, Mario Williams visiting

Post by JMP Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:30 am

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/03/miami-dolphins-create-cap-space-by-restructuring-suh-misi-cutting-jennings.html

Prepare for "win now" mode, fellas...which means we won't actually win a Super Bowl now, but we'll be in cap hell for years to come. Tannenbaum gonna Tannenbaum.

For the record, I'm a big Mario Williams fan and have no issues if he joins the Phins...but the Suh restructure means we'll be building through free agency again, and we all know how that works out. Been there, done that...never works.

Great job by the Phins, giving Suh a contract that has to be redone in year 2. No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jennings cut, Suh restructured, Mario Williams visiting Empty Re: Jennings cut, Suh restructured, Mario Williams visiting

Post by JEGnj Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:29 pm

This is the stupid new NFL we are dealing with. A FA jumps ship to get an over priced deal to make them feel good and a year or 2 later they have to restructure or get cut.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Jennings cut, Suh restructured, Mario Williams visiting Empty Re: Jennings cut, Suh restructured, Mario Williams visiting

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:55 am

JMP wrote:Great job by the Phins, giving Suh a contract that has to be redone in year 2.  No

Dawn Aponte, ladies and gentlemen!!! cheers

JEGnj wrote:This is the stupid new NFL we are dealing with. A FA jumps ship to get an over priced deal to make them feel good and a year or 2 later they have to restructure or get cut.

I love the smell of cynicism in the morning Smile

Here's all you need to know: Williams tied for the Bills team lead in sacks with 5 last season despite dogging it by all accounts. That's just 2.5 sacks fewer than Vernon, who was in a contract year. He'd probably be cheaper as well.

(Drops mic.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 am

I actually would overspend for Oseleme. You play him at guard this year and then move him to LT next year and cut Albert.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:52 am

Agreed on Osemele. If we're gonna spend big in free agency at least get a really good player, instead of the numerous busts we routinely collect every offseason.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Osemele is a helluva player, but he'll cost way too much money for me.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:15 pm

JMP wrote:Osemele is a helluva player, but he'll cost way too much money for me.

So you'd rather have Thomas, then? Gotcha Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Osemele is a helluva player, but he'll cost way too much money for me.

So you'd rather have Thomas, then? Gotcha Razz

I'd rather pick any random person off the street, male or female, adult or child, and play him/her over Thomas. Thomas should not be in the NFL...period.

As for Osemele...ah, what the hell...if we're going to trade away all our draft picks and spend a shitload of money in free agency, might as well sign him instead of an overrated scrub. Not what I'd do at all - I want to see the Phins draft a quality lineman later in the draft...but Tannenbaum gonna Tannenbaum.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:26 am

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Phins are in negotiations with Mario Williams now...stay tuned...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:44 am

Certainly wouldn't have any problem with a highly motivated Mario Williams being brought in.

As for Dallas Thomas, if someone would trade me a loaf of Wonder Bread for him I'd take it. I think the loaf of bread might slow D-linemen down longer than Thomas ever does.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:46 am

Update: apparently Osemele is close to signing with the Raiders.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 am

I like Williams, great size and I feel like its the Bills fault his productivity dropped.

If the Fins add Williams, then I am fine if we dump OV, Wake - or both of them. Hell bring back Shelby, and/or draft someone, and/or sign a lower priced FA (JPP or the St Louis Rams dude).
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 am

It would be AWESOME to have Super Mario and a healthy Wake on the same line...that would be insane!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:14 pm

JMP wrote:It would be AWESOME to have Super Mario and a healthy Wake on the same line...that would be insane!

Yes it would but I'd feel much better if Earl Mitchell is upgraded. Assuming we have any picks left it is believed there will be first round talent at DL available as late as round 3.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Yeah, Mitchell needs to go...he really brings nothing to the table, just a very mediocre player.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Now being reported that a 2 year deal with Mario Williams is done.

If so, I imagine Vernon is gone.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:18 pm

I'd rather have Williams than Vernon anyway.

As I said before, unmotivated Williams last season = 5 sacks. Vernon in contract year last season = 7.5 sacks.

If Williams is cheaper than it's the first (and likely only) smart offseason move the Fins have made.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:40 pm

I just really like that Mario will be real angry on game day against Buffalo. I just hope Dallas Thomas doesn't hurt Mario in practice.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:53 pm

I still can't believe Dallas Thomas is actually a current Dolphin and not an ex one.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:29 pm

I think we have the making of a pretty dominant DL. Suh, Mario, Wake and ??????? What about picking up Solia for DT. I think as a 4-3 DT, he would be a better fit than a 3-4 Nose.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:03 am

I think if Rex cannot get the best out of you, then who thinks Miami is going to suddenly get the best?

This is a good move from a cap perspective, but it could be a downgrade too?

Vernon was young and hitting his prime, while Williams is on his way down IMHO.

That said, I do not see any way Miami could have paid Vernon that much money?

I just do not think this move has made the Phins BETTER!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 am

Nah, it's not a downgrade at all. Williams was played out of position in Buffalo. Assuming the Phins use him the way he was used his entire career before Rex, he will have double digit sacks and be a force against the run - that's who he is. Vernon is not at his level, at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down