The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dolphins draft grade NFL.com

5 posters

Go down

dolphins draft grade NFL.com Empty dolphins draft grade NFL.com

Post by rightchea Sat May 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Bucky Brooks wrote:» Round 1: (No. 13 overall) Laremy Tunsil, OT.
» Round 2: (38) Xavien Howard, CB.
» Round 3: (73) Kenyan Drake, RB; (86) Leonte Carroo, WR.
» Round 6: (186) Jakeem Grant, WR; (204) Jordan Lucas, SS.
» Round 7: (223) Brandon Doughty, QB; (231) Thomas Duarte, TE.

Risk management is always a part of the draft process, but the Dolphins might've snagged the top prospect in the entire class in the middle of Round 1. Laremy Tunsil is a freakish athlete who not only possesses the balance, body control and lateral quickness of a true franchise tackle, but he also flashes the power and anchor-ability that coaches covet in a premier edge blocker. Although he might start his career at right tackle or inside at offensive guard, Tunsil could give the Dolphins an elite blind-side protector for the next decade. The Dolphins also upgraded the offense with the additions of Kenyan Drake and Leonte Carroo on Day 2. Drake, in particular, is a dynamic playmaker with potential to create explosive gains as a runner-receiver out of the backfield. Jakeem Grant is an electrifying return man with a spectacular combination of speed and open-field running skills. He could emerge as a difference maker for the Dolphins in the return game. GRADE: A-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660308/article/2016-nfl-draft-grades-texans-jaguars-redskins-head-a-teams

Maybe we are the ones that are pessimistic about Miami's draft and need to rethink our position on the Fin's draft. IMO, I don't like the draft and the players that they got but at the same time reading this Miami's offense might be better than we think.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

dolphins draft grade NFL.com Empty Re: dolphins draft grade NFL.com

Post by JMP Sat May 07, 2016 2:50 pm

rightchea wrote:
Maybe we are the ones that are pessimistic about Miami's draft and need to rethink our position on the Fin's draft. IMO, I don't like the draft and the players that they got but at the same time reading this Miami's offense might be better than we think.

It's all opinion - no one really knows how any of these guys will do. I like Bucky Brooks, but I'm not going to change my opinion just because he liked the draft. Most of the players the Phins drafted are real 'boom or bust' types. This draft class will either be good or a disaster - we'll see. But, I think the Phins left too many better players on the board and traded up when they didn't have to and traded away too many picks in the process, and I thought all of the picks on the last day were throwaways (including the smurf that everyone but me seems to love...) I think after round one the Dolphins fell in love with specific players that they had to have, rather than letting the board come to them and selecting BPA.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat May 07, 2016 2:58 pm

well not just him but more than him. I have seen a lot of draft board giving Miami better grades than just C.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun May 08, 2016 2:19 am

rightchea wrote:well not just him but more than him. I have seen a lot of draft board giving Miami better grades than just C.

That's fine, but I'm sticking with my opinion. I'm underwhelmed.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sun May 08, 2016 6:51 am

No I've seen more A's from Miami's draft this year than any year I can remember. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and of course nobody really knows.

PFF listed Miami as the most improved team in the AFC East and THEY HATED our free agency. That tells you how much they loved our draft. Opinions vary.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun May 08, 2016 12:30 pm

I really like what the Bills and even Patriots did in the draft. The Jets had a strong draft too, but I have to take points off for the Christian Hackenberg pick...not a fan. So even if you do think the Dolphins improved, it's fair to say that the other three teams did too - and they were already ahead of the Phins. This division certainly isn't getting any easier.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun May 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Those trades...I'm still having nightmares about all those trades...

Did you realize that not only did Tannenbum trade three picks for Caroo, he then proceeded to give the Vikings a 7th later on for the same 6th he traded to them as part of that deal? As the kiddies say these days, SMH.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun May 08, 2016 7:48 pm

We're pessimistic because we've watched this team fail for far too long. Everyone is in "show me" mode. That's fine, it's a reasonable attitude
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon May 16, 2016 4:12 pm

So Shaq Lawson has to have surgery on his shoulder and will go on the PUP list. I can only imagine the uproar if Miami would have selected a player who won't be available until week 6.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Birdmond wrote:So Shaq Lawson has to have surgery on his shoulder and will go on the PUP list.  I can only imagine the uproar if Miami would have selected a player who won't be available until week 6.

Oh there's still plenty of time for that.

(Whispers.) Plenty...

Also, did you forget about the whole Maxwell thing already? I wonder how many pushups he can do right now scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 am

Been hearing that he could do a push up during the time Miami did his physical. Not sure how true that is but if it is then Miami just wasted a bunch of money on him and also if they would have kept their 8th pick, Tunsil falling Miami would have gotten some great picks from a trade in the draft.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue May 17, 2016 8:13 am

I thought the Bills reached on Lawson who, according to Nawrocki, was not even the best defensive end coming out of Clemson this year. He had Dodd ranked higher.

Shefter is saying shoulder could sideline Lawson for 6 months. We've witnessed first hand what a shoulder injury can do to a prospect. Bills draft just took a big step down.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 17, 2016 9:10 am

Birdmond wrote:So Shaq Lawson has to have surgery on his shoulder and will go on the PUP list.  I can only imagine the uproar if Miami would have selected a player who won't be available until week 6.  

The Phins have done that many times in the past, so we're all used to it by now.  tongue

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down