The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When is rookie mini camp and

5 posters

Go down

When is rookie mini camp and Empty When is rookie mini camp and

Post by CarsonChris Mon May 04, 2015 9:00 am

Will our new players be arriving in wheelchairs, crutches or handcuffs?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

When is rookie mini camp and Empty Re: When is rookie mini camp and

Post by JMP Tue May 05, 2015 9:19 pm

I think rookie mini-camps start on Friday. Hope the medical staff is on the sidelines. LOL

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun May 10, 2015 11:47 am

I heard Phillips was limping on day two.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon May 11, 2015 3:49 pm

I heard the same thing as well

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 11, 2015 4:29 pm

I also heard that Phillips absolutely destroyed Jamil Douglas in drills. I think we're going to hear a lot about Douglas getting destroyed this summer...I don't think he matches up well against the big, strong guys on Miami's DL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Speaking of Phillips, Omar has an article about him being a 'boom or bust' prospect.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-omar-kelly-dolphins-jordan-phillips-0511-20150510-story.html?track=rss

Some of the things that Phillips said are a bit concerning to me:

"I have to learn how to work hard," said Phillips, who had 58 tackles, 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble in the 28 games he played at Oklahoma.

When you watch his film from last season, it's glaringly obvious he took numerous plays off per game.

"It's just motivation," Phillips said when asked about his reputation as a lazy player, which was supported by the fact he was measured to have the highest level of body fat (30.9 percent) at the scouting combine. "[It's] something I have to deal with. Obviously I did something to make people believe that, so I just have to change it."

I guess it's good that Phillips knows the things he has to work on, but hearing the guy admit that he doesn't know how to work hard is pretty scary. I also wasn't aware that he had the highest level of body fat of anyone at the Combine. Seems like things could get ugly for Phillips in the Miami heat and humidity this summer...let's hope he gets his head on straight and puts the effort in.

On the positive side, here's a good story from that article highlighting how strong Phillips is:

The Rogers football pop-up dummy is advertised on the company's website to come to "its feet after every hit," but Dolphins rookie Jordan Phillips proved that isn't exactly the truth.

Usually, a defensive lineman will slap the 122-pound, foam-filled, replica of an offensive lineman and it will wobble a bit, then pop right up. Player after player that was the case at Friday's start to the Dolphins' two-day rookie minicamp.

Then came Phillips' turn in the defensive lineman drill, in which four pop-up dummies stand on the outside of a circle and defenders race around the circle, jabbing each dummy before sacking the final one.

The second-round tackle from Oklahoma flattened each dummy to the point that all but one had to be picked up after his turn had concluded.

It was an eye-opening display of power and force, a perfect illustration of why the Dolphins felt Phillips' blend of size and athleticism was too good to pass on with the 52nd pick in the draft.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon May 11, 2015 5:54 pm

If this dude is popping practice dumby without trying is amazing to me, especially since those things are built to last and are very hard. The problem that I do have with him like Omar said is you can see what plays that he is taking off and which ones that he is not.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 11, 2015 6:29 pm

JMP wrote:I also heard that Phillips absolutely destroyed Jamil Douglas in drills.  I think we're going to hear a lot about Douglas getting destroyed this summer...I don't think he matches up well against the big, strong guys on Miami's DL.

So in other words it confirms what we already know--Phillips *and* Douglas were bad picks. Wonderful.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon May 11, 2015 6:43 pm

"I have to learn how to work hard." "It's just motivation . . ."

This essentially is the kid saying, "Yeah, they're right, I am lazy." Excellent!

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon May 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Degarmo wrote:"I have to learn how to work hard."  "It's just motivation . . ."

This essentially is the kid saying, "Yeah, they're right, I am lazy."  Excellent!

That is exactly what they are saying

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down