The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What, No Preseason Game Thread?

+2
rightchea
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

What, No Preseason Game Thread?  Empty What, No Preseason Game Thread?

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Not that I can blame you guys Laughing I'm just hoping nobody gets injured for the season. Gase has done everything but have the players all bubble-wrapped for this one.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

What, No Preseason Game Thread?  Empty Re: What, No Preseason Game Thread?

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Anyone considering seeing this later, don't. Just...don't.

How bad is it? The Fins first and second string offenses have no first downs and an INT on five possessions. I am not making this up.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 pm

it was bad the first quarter but it got better even though it is the rest of the second and third string for the Giants

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:24 am

It was . . . the first preseason game and it looked like it.  As usual, the first string offense sucked under yet another system, and then Matt Moore came in and looked like shit until the 3rd-5th stringers were in the game.  Then he was passable.  He even completed a long pass, where he overthrew and missed his receiver and Kirby Dar-Dar, or rather Matt Hazel, caught it off the deflection and ran it into the end zone.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:11 am

You, sir, win the internet today for the KDD reference cheers

Also, Moore needs to ditch the 'stache. This isn't the Wild West and you're not the sheriff of Dodge City, Matt.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:58 am

Tunsil needs a lot of work at OG, at least he's getting that.

Grant looks like he will stick as a returner. If he develops into a Darren Sproles or a Glyn Milburn that's a good value.

The rest of the draft, with the exception of Doughty in the 7th, not looking so good. In particular, I would have chosen Mackenzie Alexander in the 2nd over Howard. I have a feeling that pick is going to look really bad when Alexander is a Pro Bowler by 2018.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:10 am

I've only watched the first quarter so far, and it was absolutely awful. A complete lack of fundamentals - terrible blocking, dropped pass by Ajayi, missed tackles, penalties, you name it. The OL, if possible, looks worse than ever. Dallas Thomas continues to look like the worst player of all-time, and it seemed like Ja'Wuan James was doing his best to try to match Thomas's ineptitude. Jordan Phillips looked completely lost, Kiko Alonso looked like a high school player (SO small!!) that never learned to tackle, Grant looked pedestrian on returns, Michael Thomas looked lost in coverage, etc., etc. This was BAD football, as bad as I've ever seen the Dolphins look - and that's saying something.

Apparently things got better when all the non-NFL players came into the game, but if this first quarter was any indication of how Gase runs a team, I am very, very unimpressed.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:20 pm

Got through the first half and still not seeing anything I liked much, despite the scores. Looks like LB, FS and CB will be the downfall of the D this season - AGAIN. And on O, it looks like OL and TE will absolutely suck...and if Parker can't stay healthy this WR corps looks very, very mediocre.

Too soon to panic after one preseason game, but the problem areas on this current team look identical to the problem areas on last year's team - and that's a big concern. In a nutshell, the starters just aren't talented enough and the depth is awful.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:55 pm

JMP wrote:I've only watched the first quarter so far, and it was absolutely awful.  A complete lack of fundamentals - terrible blocking, dropped pass by Ajayi, missed tackles, penalties, you name it.  The OL, if possible, looks worse than ever.  Dallas Thomas continues to look like the worst player of all-time, and it seemed like Ja'Wuan James was doing his best to try to match Thomas's ineptitude.  Jordan Phillips looked completely lost, Kiko Alonso looked like a high school player (SO small!!) that never learned to tackle, Grant looked pedestrian on returns, Michael Thomas looked lost in coverage, etc., etc.  This was BAD football, as bad as I've ever seen the Dolphins look - and that's saying something.

I tried to warn you...

Seriously, this might have been the most misleading 27-10 score in the history of football, even by preseason standards. It's been kinda hilarious seeing people raving about how the team depth looked better than it has in ages Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:02 pm

JMP wrote:Got through the first half and still not seeing anything I liked much, despite the scores.  Looks like LB, FS and CB will be the downfall of the D this season - AGAIN.  And on O, it looks like OL and TE will absolutely suck...and if Parker can't stay healthy this WR corps looks very, very mediocre.

Too soon to panic after one preseason game, but the problem areas on this current team look identical to the problem areas on last year's team - and that's a big concern.  In a nutshell, the starters just aren't talented enough and the depth is awful.

I said it before and I'll say it again--this team was LUCKY to win 6 games last season. They flat-out stole the Eagles and Ravens games, and those teams were already in complete disarray to begin with. The Redskins game could've arguably been another loss, and I still don't know what the hell Belichick was thinking in the finale when he couldn't decide whether to have the Pats try to win or not.

This team is clearly less talented than that one. So yeah.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:15 am

I enjoyed watching Jakeem Grant.  I enjoyed watching Pead run.  Hell, even Williams looked physical.

That's all I have to say.  Really.  That's it.

EDIT: The interception by McCain was a thing of beauty. To build on that, 4 defensive turnovers was a great thing to see.

I hate our offense. Fine. I said it.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:10 pm

white1 wrote:I enjoyed watching Jakeem Grant.  I enjoyed watching Pead run.  Hell, even Williams looked physical.

That's all I have to say.  Really.  That's it.

EDIT:  The interception by McCain was a thing of beauty.  To build on that, 4 defensive turnovers was a great thing to see.

I hate our offense.  Fine.  I said it.

I'll feel better about Grant when he does something against starting-caliber players.  He didn't do anything of note as a returner or receiver till late in the 3rd quarter against the Giants, playing against scrubs.  He's definitely fast and has moves, but I'm not sure that's enough.

Pead looked strong against the Giants, no question.  But again, not sure how that will translate against starters.  

McCain's INT was awesome.  Definitely a poorly thrown pass, but that INT showed that McCain has some serious skill.  I still prefer him on the inside, though.  Keep an eye on AJ Hendry at CB...he looked pretty good to me against the Giants from what I saw, and IMO should be in the running for a starting job if Howard isn't ready.  I'm just not impressed with Lippett.

Walt Aikens surprisingly looked really good.  I had written him off as a special teams-only player, but maybe he'll prove me wrong.  We sure could use a player at safety.

At LB, I was hoping to see good things from Burgess and Blount, but honestly I didn't notice either one of them.  Depth at LB remains a huge concern.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Chris McCain make some plays.  He was very active and it looks like this wide-9 scheme fits him well as a situational pass rusher. 

I'm holding out hope that the offense will look a bit better when Parker plays, but otherwise there isn't much to get excited about on that side of the ball right now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down