The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preseason Observatons

2 posters

Go down

Preseason Observatons Empty Preseason Observatons

Post by Umix10 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Its not like this is a new topic but these are some of the things that I have observed about the team

Tannehill - I have watched a ton of games this season.  Particularly young QB's in new systems.  Mariota, Osweiler, Bridwater and so on, the one thing that stands out is that they got swag. Their demeanor in their own way is heads and shoulders apart from Tannehill.  I believe Tannehill has not been able to develop because of bad coaching.  But the core skills were already maxed out.  Simply put we have a Trent Dilfer and not Joe Flacco.  The ceiling has been reached.  I would seriously coach up another QB then try and get Tannehill to play better. When we get happy about 20-29 for 155 and 0 TD's somethings gotta give.

OLs-  By default Pass protection is supposed to be better because we have essentially 4 Tackles playing across the line.  Pass Protection is a tackles specialty IMHO.  The run blocking won't get better.  The running game is going to be abysmal but, i don't see it as a bad thing because this is a passing lead.  Foster won't be a workhorse if the line can't run block.  Don't force the run but offset the pass with the run.  

WR's - Are solid.  Funny how Still's is getting around to making plays when in a contract year.  Stills, Landry, Parker, Carroo, and Grant would be my five.  Don't see the point in getting anyone else or even entertaining.  There is a good mix of size, speed, length and quickness.

LB's -  Tannebaum has gotta do more homework.  We need some LB's to come in.  Tulloch, Demeco Ryans were/are free agents.  Im not in the know and maybe they are a gamble he's not willing to take but, we need more support behind that solid front 4. If Hewitt and Hull haven't already shown signs that they good enough take over then we need to bring new talent to evaluate.  I'm not holding a roster spot for nobody unless there is a significant sign that there has been improvement.  By that, I mean theres no one penciled in as starters because the competition is fierce, as it is Jenkins, Alonso and Misi ARE the starters.  

CB's- Same as the LB's but we have some solid players.  Culliver is ok but, not having him until lord knows when bothers me.  Howard was injured and I'm glad he's back but I think if he can play next game. Throw his ass out there and humble his ass so he knows what he's missed.  We gotta put him in a position to win battles but until he gets acclimated fast we wont know what we've got.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Preseason Observatons Empty Re: Preseason Observatons

Post by JMP Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 pm

Good analysis, umix. Here's my thoughts on the positions you mentioned...

On Tannehill - I pretty much think we've seen what we're gonna see from him...some games he'll be good, some games he'll be bad. I think he has a serious issue with starting games slow, usually sleepwalking through the first quarter and a half (at least) in games, and I'm not sure that will ever change. Until proven otherwise, I don't see a QB that does enough to get his team over .500.

OL - I think the pass pro will be inconsistent throughout the season, and I think the run blocking will be below average.

WRs - Landry and....??? Not sure if we can trust Stills to carry his strong preseason into the regular season, but it is a contract year for him so who knows. I'm not convinced Parker will ever play a full season, and I think he plays much softer than advertised. Carroo looks like a multi-year project and I honestly don't expect much from him. Grant is a role player whose primary value is special teams and maybe a trick play on offense every now and then. Overall, I think this WR corps is more hype than substance. That could change if Parker turns it on, but I'm just not sure he's the alpha receiver people want him to be.

LBs - this is a really weak group from top to bottom. Just a mess.

CBs - same as LB. Opposing teams will be able to exploit the corners all day every day. Not a whole lot to work with in this group.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Speaking of CB, I'm hearing that Howard will be named the starter for week 1.

So, let me get this straight...Tunsil had to spend almost the entire summer playing behind scrub Dallas Thomas because he somehow needed to "earn" the starting LG job, yet Howard doesn't have to do anything to "earn" a starting corner job? scratch

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down