The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article about Gase

+3
rightchea
JMP
finskev
7 posters

Go down

Article about Gase  Empty Article about Gase

Post by finskev Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:10 pm

finskev

Back to top Go down

Article about Gase  Empty Re: Article about Gase

Post by JMP Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:54 pm

And here's why Gase should not get a free pass:

--He's an "offensive genius", yet the offense is worse then it was last season.
--He's a "QB guru", yet the QB is playing worse than he has at any point in his career.
--The Phins are completely unprepared in all three phases of the game, week after week.
--The Phins get completely outcoached in all three phases of the game, week after week.
--The coaching staff has made absolutely no adjustments to attempt to fix the problems...they just keep running the same schemes week after week, and they fail week after week.  The most glaring issue is that he continues to run a spread offense when it is clear that the OL can't pass protect.
--Gase promised to run the ball more, yet for teams that have played 5 games the Phins are dead last in the NFL in rushing attempts.
--Gase elected to cut Thomas and Turner in early October rather than over the summer, making it too late to find replacements.
--Gase has final say over the roster, and elected to keep just 2 experienced corners on the roster.
--Gase has displayed complete ineptitude with his handling of the RB, WR, TE and OL positions.  Look at RB...Foster's the starter, no Ajayi is the starter, no wait - Ajayi is now in the doghouse and Drake is now the starter, we're going with a 4-RB committee, no wait - that was a mistake - now we are using 2 RBs and Ajayi is the starter again, etc.  WTF??? 
--Gase has been maddeningly inconsistent in how he handles players, benching or cutting some players for playing poorly (Maxwell, Thomas, Turner, Ajayi) while making excuses for other poorly-performing players and keeping them in the starting lineup (Tannehill, James).
--Gase put Turner at LT for the first time in his career with absolutely no practice time, and didn't give him protection help at all during the game.
--Gase is the head coach, yet all but ignores the defensive side of the ball.

There's much more I could say, but it all adds up to one thing: Gase is not ready to be a head coach.

EDIT:
One more:
The "offensive genius" can't figure out how to get the fastest, most electric player on the team (Grant) involved in the offense for even one play.

Last edited by JMP on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:00 pm

You are Right with everything You Wrote. I think Gase Agent called the Writer and asked for a Favor to try and take the Heat off coming from the Fanbase. One Winning season since the Whole time Ross has been Owner. SMH

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:46 pm

The sad thing is that they really never interviewed anyone else so it was like Miami was made to fail

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:53 pm

finskev wrote:You are Right with everything You Wrote. I think Gase Agent called the Writer and asked for a Favor to try and take the Heat off coming from the Fanbase. One Winning season since the Whole time Ross has been Owner. SMH

'08 doesn't count IMO because the sale was still in the process of being completed. Huizenga had sold 50% to Ross in february, but Ross didn't actually become primary owner until January 20th of '09. So he was the 'official" owner only after that season was actually over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_M._Ross

In February 2008, Ross bought 50 percent of the Miami Dolphin franchise, Dolphin Stadium and surrounding land from then-owner Wayne Huizenga for $550 million, with an agreement to later become the Dolphins' managing general partner. On January 20, 2009, Ross closed on the purchase of an additional 45% of the team from Wayne Huizenga.

So ever since Ross became majority owner the Fins have sucked, and he gets no credit for the '08 season from me.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:58 pm

BTW that's a pathetically weak article. Gase should get a free pass because the Fins fired all their crappy coaches last year and the talent is awful and the Jets suck too? That's IT???  Rolling Eyes

In fact it made me even MORE convinced Gase needs to go after the season--or maybe even before. I mean, if he can't even beat the shitty Jets...

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 am

You get a free pass when you demonstrate ability . . . he hasn't. Part of the losing issue is decision making by the coaching staff, as well as game plans, preparation, it's all lacking.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:20 am

Degarmo wrote:You get a free pass when you demonstrate ability . . . he hasn't.  Part of the losing issue is decision making by the coaching staff, as well as game plans, preparation, it's all lacking.

Exactly. Gase has done nothing but get outcoached week after week. There's been absolutely no progress at all, and in fact the team is actually getting worse each game. The players are very clearly not on the same page as the coaches, at all, and the coaches have no idea what to do about it - other than constantly throwing players under the bus. This might be the most inflexible coaching staff I've ever seen - they just refuse to make any changes or adjustments despite the clear evidence that the way they're doing things is not working. Gase told everyone that he would tailor the scheme to the players, but that was just another lie from this fraudulent bullshit artist.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:26 am

There was another coach that was inflexible like that, and you can't mention his name around Giants fans . . . Ray Handley.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:23 am

JMP wrote:--Gase is the head coach, yet all but ignores the defensive side of the ball.

as evidenced by...

Joseph went to Miami head coach Adam Gase in the days prior to the Cincinnati game and advocated benching Maxwell. Gase obviously deferred to his DC.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/10/byron-maxwell-is-not-good-but-what-is-the-solution.html

so is this Gase putting this idea out there so as to deflect blame for the secondary being a mess onto his D coordinator? or does this team really have to unqualified head coaches - Gase for the offense and Joseph for the defense?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:54 am

I'm not making a decision on these guys after 5 games and a 1-4 record.

However, I will concede that at this point it is not looking at all hopeful that we have the right coaching staff.

We know for certain Tannenbaum is not the right guy, and it's looking to me like he learned nothing from his failed stint in NY with the Jets.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:11 am

white1 wrote:I'm not making a decision on these guys after 5 games and a 1-4 record.

However, I will concede that at this point it is not looking at all hopeful that we have the right coaching staff.

We know for certain Tannenbaum is not the right guy, and it's looking to me like he learned nothing from his failed stint in NY with the Jets.

Well, no one's getting fired after 5 games, that's clear.  But if after 16 games we continue down the same path with absolutely no signs of real improvement, then Gase should be shitcanned.  These first 5 games have brought nothing positive at all, and if the entire season plays out like that, how can you bring him back?

That said, Ross hates to fire people so I fully expect Gase to get at least another season even if we finish 1-15.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:12 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:--Gase is the head coach, yet all but ignores the defensive side of the ball.

as evidenced by...

Joseph went to Miami head coach Adam Gase in the days prior to the Cincinnati game and advocated benching Maxwell. Gase obviously deferred to his DC.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/10/byron-maxwell-is-not-good-but-what-is-the-solution.html

so is this Gase putting this idea out there so as to deflect blame for the secondary being a mess onto his D coordinator?  or does this team really have to unqualified head coaches - Gase for the offense and Joseph for the defense?

Scary stuff.  Inexperience and incompetence across the board.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down