The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 11 thoughts: 49ers at Dolphins

+5
Degarmo
JEGnj
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
JMP
9 posters

Go down

Game 11 thoughts: 49ers at Dolphins Empty Game 11 thoughts: 49ers at Dolphins

Post by JMP Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Back with the game thoughts...this one is a quickie:

The Dolphins held on to beat the 49ers 31-24 today, earning their 6th consecutive victory.  The offense was shaky at times despite the 31 points, but Ryan Tannehill was excellent and the receivers made some big plays.  The defense, on the other hand, was not very good.

Tannehill was nearly perfect on the day, throwing for over 280 yards and 3 TDs.  He also ran a few times, gaining valuable yardage.  On a day where Jay Ajayi was reduced to a non-factor, Tannehill carried the team and played one of his better games.  DeVante Parker made a couple of clutch catches (and also displayed great effort on two passes that ended up being ruled out) before leaving the game with a back injury.  His backup, rookie Leonte Carroo, scored his first NFL TD in relief.  Kenny Stills had a great 43 yard TD and led all Miami receivers with 72 yards.  TE Dion Sims got involved in the passing game, with a great 16 yard TD and another nice catch that saw him bull his way through two defenders.  The patchwork offensive line did a solid job in pass pro, although LT Sam Young got abused repeatedly early on.  The run blocking was almost non-existent, as Ajayi had no room to run and averaged just 2.5 yards per carry.  The Dolphin offense also failed to close out the game, with two awful three-and-out series on their final two possessions.

The defense allowed Colin Kaepernick, who – let’s be honest – is not a very good QB, to complete 29 passes for 3 TDs and almost 300 yards.  He also added 113 yards on the ground.  The secondary constantly gave up completions to no-name receivers, and RB Carlos Hyde averaged 5 yards a carry.  Despite getting an INT on a deflected pass and recovering a fumble, I thought Kiko Alonso had a very poor game, constantly getting blocked out on running plays and showing poor coverage.  His fellow LB Jelani Jenkins may have been worse.  The DBs gave up a lot of passes, and Byron Maxwell was again holding every time I watched him – but fortunately he wasn’t flagged.  The DL was decent, getting some pressure at times, but far too often they left wide open running lanes for Kaepernick to exploit.  I like how D-ccordinator Vance Joseph used Suh, lining him up at DE and LB in addition to DT.  But I didn’t like Cameron Wake dropping into coverage on a long 4th down play that would have sealed the game and essentially gave the Niners an easy first down.  Bottom line - the Niners gained 25 first downs and had a chance to tie the game at the end.  A very weak effort overall by the Dolphin defense.

The Niners entered the game as one of the worst teams in the NFL.  They sure didn’t play like it today, giving the Dolphins all they could handle.  A win is a win, but this one showed some cracks that better teams will be able to exploit.  Still, the Dolphins sit at 7-4 and are smack dab in the middle of the playoff hunt.  Can’t ask for more than that.

Last edited by JMP on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game 11 thoughts: 49ers at Dolphins Empty Re: Game 11 thoughts: 49ers at Dolphins

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Coaching, coaching, coaching. My take is we have a rookie head coach that called some rookie plays along with his rookie defensive coordinator. Tannehill played lights out and as much as I malign him that says something! DeVante Parker showed the skills that made him a first round pick. Him and Tannehill are starting to get a chemistry going. Hope his back is ok. The run game was non existent and so was the defense. We miraculously pulled out another victory.

I don't think Miami has a very good roster but playing as a team gives us a chance. Each week it's something or someone different that gives us a victory. Today's victory was Tannehill's doing. He was on target and found Parker when we needed a spark.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Game 11 thoughts: 49ers at Dolphins Empty Re: Game 11 thoughts: 49ers at Dolphins

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:55 pm

JMP wrote:DeVante Parker made a couple of clutch catches (and also displayed great effort on two passes that ended up being ruled out) before leaving the game with a back injury.

Oh for the love of...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh well, at least this is back, that's something to feel good about Very Happy cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Rutger's Carroo with his first TD. Tanny looked very good but he had a few pathetic 3 and out possessions that could have cost them.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:DeVante Parker made a couple of clutch catches (and also displayed great effort on two passes that ended up being ruled out) before leaving the game with a back injury.

Oh for the love of...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh well, at least this is back, that's something to feel good about Very Happy cheers

I felt the same way when I read that as well.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Miami Defense looked very disappointing today, you can see where the holes are at and where Miami's depth sucks. DC Joseph was not ready for this game.

Miami OL is a factor to why Ajayi is doing so bad with the running game and unfortunately Miami will sink or swim with Tannehill as long as Miami Starting 5 is out.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 am

The losing streak starts Sunday. Desperately hoping to be wrong but I'm not sure we win another game.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:59 am

Birdmond wrote:The losing streak starts Sunday.  Desperately hoping to be wrong but I'm not sure we win another game.

The power of my tablet score checking shall see them through Laughing cheers

But even if you're right, at least they'll have a better record than last season Smile

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:01 am

rightchea wrote:DC Joseph was not ready for this game.

Yep. It's like Joseph had no idea that Kaepernick could run. The Phins clearly did not gameplan to stop or at least contain Kaepernick, and they didn't make any adjustments during the game. It's mind-boggling how they could leave so many open running lanes...I don't get it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:10 am

Birdmond wrote:The losing streak starts Sunday.  Desperately hoping to be wrong but I'm not sure we win another game.    

Looking ahead:

I think we'll lose to the Ravens. That D is really playing well - only the Patriots have given up fewer points in the AFC.

The Cardinals on paper should destroy us - but something just isn't right with that team. I really don't like the way the Phins match up with them...but it's a game we can win.

The Jets will be tough - nationally televised game in NJ, and you know they'll be jacked up to try to ruin Miami's playoff hopes. They almost beat us in Miami, and this one won't be easy.

Traveling to Buffalo with a possible wildcard berth for the winner? Damn, that is going to be a HUGE game. Even though we beat Buffalo already, I don't like the matchup - especially if McCoy and Watkins are healthy.

Home vs. Patriots, where we usually play them tough. Sure, we could win...but I wouldn't put money on it.

Gotta say - this is a BRUTAL schedule to end the season. We've struggled against bad teams the past two weeks, and there's a lot of things that need to be cleaned up to keep this win streak alive. I'm not real confident, but we'll see...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:11 am

For what it's worth...if the season ended today, the Phins would have the final wildcard spot.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:30 am

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention Jakeem Grant. This guy has become a liability as a returner, and I would put his ass on the bench permanently. The dude just can't catch a ball cleanly. He's a disaster waiting to happen. I'd let Landry and Drake handle all returns from now on.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:43 am

The next two games are going to be hard for Miami especially since the Ravens and Cardinals are hot right now. Miami's OL can't handle the Raven nor the Cardinals defense. Hopefully Tunsil and Albert can come back next week to help out because Miami has no running game right now.

Unfortunately Miami fans, they will have to draft an OL again within one of the three rounds. This sucks since we have Tannebaum as a GM and also for the reason Miami needs more picks to help out the secondary and LB.

JMP wrote:Oh, and I completely forgot to mention Jakeem Grant. This guy has become a liability as a returner, and I would put his ass on the bench permanently. The dude just can't catch a ball cleanly. He's a disaster waiting to happen. I'd let Landry and Drake handle all returns from now on.

he is definitely in a downward spiral. Someone needs to wake him up so that he can go back at being the threat that he was.

birdmond wrote:The losing streak starts Sunday. Desperately hoping to be wrong but I'm not sure we win another game.

This would be very disappointing but we would definitely use to it. As long as Miami can get their running game back together then Miami has a higher chance at winning. Miami will need to give the defense time to rest

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 am

I'm with you guys. This offensive line minus three starters is just not good at all.

We have to go into the offseason knowing that Pouncey and Albert are huge injury risks, and plan accordingly. The backups we have now won't get it done.

There's no mystery if we lose this next game, or multiple games. The line will be getting beat and it will be plain enough to see. It won't be scheme, motivation, coaching or any other factor. If our line is simply overmatched, it's over.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:27 am

Yeah, I'm of the opinion that Sam Young at LT against Baltimore = automatic loss.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I just see him being a MAJOR liability in that game, against that defense.  Hopefully we at least get Tunsil back for that game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 pm

They need at least tunsil or Albert to come back this week or Suggs & Dumervil are going to have some Fun this week at our expense. I think everyone on this Site could Bullrush Young and get past Him or maybe just run by him.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Early in that game yesterday, I was convinced that Sam Young had become possessed by the spirit of Dallas Thomas. He was that bad.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:11 pm

if Miami beats Baltimore I'll be the most obnoxious homer fan boy you will ever see. I just can't see it happening.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Birdmond wrote:if Miami beats Baltimore I'll be the most obnoxious homer fan boy you will ever see.   I just can't see it happening.

I'm holding you to that!!! Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Game tip for the Dolphins if Parker is healthy, feed him the ball. Deliver it high. That boy can jump. Just make sure it's further infield. Those were some amazing catches he had this game but his hand touching down prior to a 2nd foot overturned his two amazing catches. The first deep ball was amazing too. It was off target and overthrown. Not sure any of our other receivers would be able to catch it.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Lets just hope that Parker is healthy. Let hope that they are all healthy

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:07 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Birdmond wrote:if Miami beats Baltimore I'll be the most obnoxious homer fan boy you will ever see.   I just can't see it happening.

I'm holding you to that!!! Razz

I can't remember wanting a game so bad.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Birdmond wrote:I can't remember wanting a game so bad.

Just keep believing in the power of the tablet, it hasn't let us down yet Very Happy And we now know that mentioning it isn't a jinx cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down