The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matty no Moore than a backup.

+2
DolFan 316
JEGnj
6 posters

Go down

Matty no Moore than a backup.  Empty Matty no Moore than a backup.

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Lead us to the promised land. cheers
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Matty no Moore than a backup.  Empty Re: Matty no Moore than a backup.

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Be careful what you wish for JEGnj, that's all I've got to say.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Tannehill finished today 75% completion pct, 3 touchdowns, and a 124 passer rating. Plus some well timed rushing yardage.

I hope Moore can aspire to play as half the QB Tannehill has developed into this season.

Let's go Moore, we believe in you. Big shoes to fill. He wasn't afraid to throw a wild ball to Stills that he reeled in, I like the aggressiveness but I need to see much "more" from him. See what I did there?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:28 pm

Tanny is a sack or mistake waiting to happen every time he is behind center. He eludes zero confidence.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:01 pm

Matt Moore is a horrible quarterback. Season = finished.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:06 pm

white1 wrote:He wasn't afraid to throw a wild ball to Stills that he reeled in,

That play is an example of why Moore sucks. Whenever he is under pressure he either fumbles or closes his eyes and throws the ball up for grabs. Today, Stills caught it. Usually, the other team catches it.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:08 pm

That pass was atrocious, but it drew a penalty as well as being caught. Yes, it worked out that time, but as JMP just said, usually it's the other team getting the ball.

Also, Moore didn't do a damn thing up until that one throw. Without Pouncey our running game is shit because he was the guy who got a hat on the second-level backers and opened up 2-3-yard runs into 6-20-yard runs.

We're fucked. Please let me be wrong.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:05 am

Moore's pass looked like any other pass Tanny would have thrown and every time Tanny drops back he either gets sacked,fumbles, or throws it up for grabs. The guys been making millions of dollars to hold a clipboard and should know this offense. Now it's time to put up or shut up.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:29 am

JEGnj wrote:Moore's pass looked like any other pass Tanny would have thrown and every time Tanny drops back he either gets sacked,fumbles, or throws it up for grabs. The guys been making millions of dollars to hold a clipboard and should know this offense. Now it's time to put up or shut up.

JEG, you're a good dude, and I respect you a lot, but this just is not a true statement.  Tannehill has made some serious fuck ups in his day, but he's played very well since Week 5, and with one week's exception, he's been outstanding.

Shit, his rating in this game was what, like 124?  When Moore came in with a big lead, he went 3-5, with the majority of his yards on a fucking blimp ball prayer.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:42 am

I'd feel better about Moore if we had a strong running game and he could just hand the ball off all day.  Unfortunately, right now our running game sucks - and with Moore at QB, it will get even worse because teams will stack the box until Moore beats them...which is highly unlikely to happen.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:44 am

Fair point on the deep ball to Stills. You have to give him credit for two things:

1. He recognized that it's a tie ball game, and made a play that led to a win. Was not looking to play it safe, or avoid the loss - no, WIN. This matches the Gase philosophy and it's clear that it is permeating the team.

2. He threw to Stills because he had single coverage deep. Even if the pass is picked off, it's like a deep punt because it was 3rd down anyways.

So criticize the throw all you like, but there are a couple good reasons this was the throw to make. Our guy had a chance to make a play on the ball, against single coverage, and he made the play. Many times that's all you want from your QB, depending on the situation.

I don't expect Moore to be unprepared next week, nor do I expect Gase to shy away from the deep plays if they are there. Obviously he's going to get all the reps in practice now, and Gase will customize the game plan to the throws he likes, and more importantly, the throws he can make well. It will be a dropoff from Tannehill, but probably still on par with 2 QBs on our remaining schedule: Taylor and Fitz.

The defense continues to do it with smoke and mirrors, I guess I've got no reason to doubt they can keep on doing it. Damn, we could really benefit from Pouncey returning, I wonder if that's in the cards.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 am

I'm criticizing that throw because Moore has done that over and over again throughout his career...when he's under pressure, he just throws it blindly up for grabs and it's usually an INT.  It's a really bad habit, and it's why he turns the ball over so much.  I think he is a garbage QB that should have been out of the league years ago, but I guess we'll see what Gase can do with him.  Moore can throw a decent deep ball, so that may help, but overall he's a trainwreck - a turnover machine.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:35 am

This is going to be a reason why Miami will draft another QB in the later round. If Moore shows that he can't be a capable backup then he is out of here.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 pm

rightchea wrote:This is going to be a reason why Miami will draft another QB in the later round. If Moore shows that he can't be a capable backup then he is out of here.

Looks like the Fins' hand was forced by the injury to acquire at least one new QB next season by any means necessary.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down