The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titans Matthews would quit?

4 posters

Go down

Titans Matthews would quit? Empty Titans Matthews would quit?

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:40 am

remember Rishard Matthews...

On Thursday afternoon, Matthews was asked by Matt Parker, a local Nashville producer, via Twitter if he would continue to remain in the locker room during the anthem if the NFL created a rule requiring players to stand or face a penalty.

"No, I will be done playing football," Matthews responded.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21003209/rishard-matthews-tennessee-titans-done-playing-football-forced-stand-national-anthem

he later deleted the tweet.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Titans Matthews would quit? Empty Re: Titans Matthews would quit?

Post by JMP Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:53 am

This whole situation has gotten completely out of hand.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 am

The thought of all the anthem kneelers instantly quitting football actually filled me with joy for some odd reason Very Happy cheers

Seems to me the Titans in general are more devoted to this than actually doing their jobs. 57 points allowed to the Texans and then losing to the lowly Fins is all the proof anyone needs. It's far more proof than their side's got for nationwide 24/7 "police brutality".

Good luck getting a job with any company with people who don't want America destroyed running it, Matthews.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:52 pm

They don't want America destroyed. They'd lose their paychecks. It's not that insidious.

I still contend to this day, that the entire thing is ridiculous, and I have been in that camp since Typhoid Kaepernick knelt for the first time.

Here's my current stance, not that it matters, but here it is. They had a legitimate cause for protest. Fine, make your protest point, tell the media, and then DO SOMETHING. For god's sake, all this protesting is fucking pointless. Now, it's not even about police violence anymore, it's NFL players v. Trump (for which I'd shell out pay-per-view to watch a cage match, but I digress).

It's time for everyone to drop the whole fucking thing on both sides. It's fairly ridiculous.

So, point was made, now it's time to get into the communities and start doing something about your protest. These guys are in a unique situation where they actually have the backing of the league to make a positive change. So go make the fucking positive change and stop with the protesting. EVERYONE IS AWARE OF YOUR PROTEST, YOU'RE JUST HURTING YOUR OWN CAUSE NOW BY CONTINUING.

And, to be clear, most companies would hire an ex-NFL guy just to say they have one, particularly small businesses. There would be some holdouts, like the whackjobs that won't serve gay people because of a 27-plus-times-transcribed book written by men and handed down as the word of God.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Degarmo wrote:They don't want America destroyed.  They'd lose their paychecks.  It's not that insidious.

Yes it is. They're being used by the ones who do want America destroyed as pawns and tools for mind control, and they don't even realize it. It sure is a real big coincidence that the only way these guys can make their statement is by involving the anthem (which in and of itself makes no sense on any level) when there are literally a dozen other ways they could do it that would be far less anti-American. Ways that surely even NFL players are aware of. Hmmm... scratch

So, point was made, now it's time to get into the communities and start doing something about your protest.  These guys are in a unique situation where they actually have the backing of the league to make a positive change.  So go make the fucking positive change and stop with the protesting.  EVERYONE IS AWARE OF YOUR PROTEST, YOU'RE JUST HURTING YOUR OWN CAUSE NOW BY CONTINUING.

They had all offseason (the longest in pro sports BTW) to go into communities and do something. I never heard about a single one of these players actually doing it though. Go figure. That right there shows me it's not any kind of serious protest, but a big ol' hissyfit just like I thought all along. You said it yourself, this was dead until Trump revived it. And the league doesn't seem to be backing it anymore to me, not since they realized how much money they're going to lose by doing so.

And, to be clear, most companies would hire an ex-NFL guy just to say they have one, particularly small businesses.  There would be some holdouts, like the whackjobs that won't serve gay people because of a 27-plus-times-transcribed book written by men and handed down as the word of God.

Name them. Why do most NFL players have to resort to being TV talking heads, then? Why do a lot of them go bankrupt after their careers are over? Yeah, I'm real sure some small business is going to hire Matthews and play up his anthem kneeling as a selling point Laughing

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Well...shit. Just when I was getting my hopes up, the rebel and paragon of justice has backed down. Just like all millennials do when faced with real adversity and consequences. Don't think he'd have done that if all these businesses out there were so willing to hire him, hmmm... scratch

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/13/rishard-matthews-apologizes-for-tweet-calling-threat-to-quit-a-bad-decision/

Again, this is not about social justice. At. All. In today's world the so-called rebels are really the biggest sheep of all.

I thought I could let this go, but for whatever reason this actually offends me far more than how things ended at the old board. We all have our personal hot buttons I suppose.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 pm

I'm reasonably sure that Kaepernick did it because he knew that it would get him the most bang for his buck. He knew it would piss some people off, and he was banking on those people being white Americans (a certain flavor of white folks). It worked, but then it blew up because they couldn't just make their statement and then move onto the important part, doing something.

They should have done something, they didn't, and at this point that's what makes the entire thing look like a bunch of bullshit. There was a point, it WAS MADE, then they dropped the ball on the next part, the important part.

ROFL - asking me to name companies isn't a rebuttal. Of course I can't name them specifically, I don't know who they'd be, but there would be plenty of people out there who would do it just for the sales. There are plenty of people in this country that have been conditioned to believe that money is more important than anything. As far as why do a lot of players go bankrupt, well, many of them are morons and don't have any clue to handle money. It's like all those lottery winners that spend every penny.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

Again, this is not about social justice. At. All. In today's world the so-called rebels are really the biggest sheep of all.

Agreed.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Degarmo wrote:I'm reasonably sure that Kaepernick did it because he knew that it would get him the most bang for his buck.  He knew it would piss some people off, and he was banking on those people being white Americans (a certain flavor of white folks).  It worked, but then it blew up because they couldn't just make their statement and then move onto the important part, doing something.

Kaepernick did it because Harry Edwards (one of the biggest racists in America today) and his Muslim GF got control of his mind and convinced him that somehow, some way the anthem was a slave song. He then said this publicly, which naturally led to a bunch of people who never gave the anthem a second thought before suddenly deciding he was right because that's how modern America works. It was NEVER about unfair treatment of blacks by cops. Otherwise why drag the Castro admiration into it? That was just the reason he gave because even in today's world you at least need a reason still. And what do you know, once Kaepernick found out that his opinion made him unemployable by the NFL he...quickly and completely backed off and suddenly decided the whole race problem had been solved in record time. Seriously. You can't make up this kind of irony.

They should have done something, they didn't, and at this point that's what makes the entire thing look like a bunch of bullshit.  There was a point, it WAS MADE, then they dropped the ball on the next part, the important part.

Yup. Had all offseason like I said and...nothing.  

ROFL - asking me to name companies isn't a rebuttal.  Of course I can't name them specifically, I don't know who they'd be, but there would be plenty of people out there who would do it just for the sales.  There are plenty of people in this country that have been conditioned to believe that money is more important than anything.  As far as why do a lot of players go bankrupt, well, many of them are morons and don't have any clue to handle money.  It's like all those lottery winners that spend every penny.

Nobody who likes making money is going to touch ex-players who publicly dissed the anthem unless they're well-known far left PC spewers like, say, ESPN. Because otherwise those guys are, as the kiddies would say these days, toxic. There's good pub, bad pub, and "I will boycott your company forever because you chose to hire that guy" pub.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 pm

I will also say this. We've got a truly confused and mindfucked generation now--with a second one becoming that way--for one main reason. All their lives the millennials have been told how "empowered" they are, that not only are each and every one of them the most special person in the universe but that they can singlehandedly change the universe itself. HOWEVER...at the same time every group that isn't straight, white and male have adopted a culture of perpetual victimhood due to 30 years of PC (which we're all suddenly supposed to pretend never happened now, but that's another post for another time). It doesn't matter that the vast majority of millennials have never been oppressed, and have in fact been treated the exact opposite. If anyone in their group was ever oppressed in the past century or two, then it happened to them somehow even if it really didn't. These groups genuinely but mistakenly believe that this victimhood is the one thing they've got that makes them worth anything, and they know if they ever did get treated just like everyone else they'd lose that status. And that terrifies them.

One cannot be empowered and a victim at the same time. That's not how it works. So you've got millions now who are completely confused, they can't decide which of the two they want to be from one day to the next. Maybe not even from one hour to the next. They keep being conditioned by the mind-controlling media to demand 'justice" and "change" but they don't have the slightest clue as to what it really is or how to go about it, or even what exactly they're supposed to be rebelling against to begin with. The media literally is doing all their thinking for them. And now the ones pulling the strings see that they're starting to lose the control they've enjoyed far longer than you think and are desperately staging false flag events to keep people in a state of negative emotion. But more and more are waking up to the truth, and hopefully the scales will tip the other way very soon. This is what I keep being told, anyway.

This anthem thing is really a microcosm of the battle between the light and the dark, another battlefield in a perpetual war for control of this planet.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:34 pm

You raise some interesting points.  Here's an addendum.  People love drama, and when their lives have been full of "you're a winner", "you're perfect", "you're special", "everybody gets a trophy", "life is fair and rewarding with no effort", they tend to seek out their own drama and problems to solve.  The issue is, with very little negative situational exposure, they don't have the tools to cope/deal with true negativity.  People get angry when you say that kids are being raised too soft, particularly Millennials, but the truth is there.  With all this attachment parenting, and the explosion in scope of the 70s created self-esteem movement, helicopter parenting (I hate that term so much), and the like people aren't learning to problem solve as kids.  

I work dealing with a lot of police and state departments of children and families all over the country.  Listening to people's interviews, it's unreal how people cannot even get from Point A to Point C without the mental equivalent of a wheelchair, a tow rope, a line pointing them directly to their destination, and a sherpa to get them there.  We're raising a couple generations of folks (obvious generality, and not counting those few who are truly exceptional) who lack critical thinking skills, lack basic common sense, and have a sense of entitlement to many things.  I'm not saying you need to put a kid out in the woods with a stick and tell him he needs to survive for 30 days, but they have to learn about LIFE.  

Life can suck, bad, and you've got to learn how to deal with it.  This country in particular is a dogfight, and people need to KNOW that they're not going to do well just for showing up.  Hell, just showing up will get you fired in most places.

So, just from observation of people's conversations, I've come to the conclusion that people's intelligence is vastly inferior to what it was just 20 years ago as it pertains to critical problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, extrapolation of data (which is a subset of the previous two things), and general cognition.  It's like they're functionally retarded people.  It's frightening, because it's creating the perfect slave-worker state, but as DF said, that's for another thread.

Oh, and to bring it back on topic. Fuck Rishard Matthews, fuck him with a big rubber dick, break it off, and beat him with the rest of it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down