The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthews wants to be No. 2

4 posters

Go down

Matthews wants to be No. 2 Empty Matthews wants to be No. 2

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 am

Dolphins receiver Rishard Matthews, who seems positioned to command more than what Miami might be able to offer, nevertheless says he’s interested in the Dolphins. But he’s awaiting an offer.

Appearing today on WQAM with Joe Rose and Curtis Stevenson, Matthews was asked if he is interested in coming back to the Dolphins.

Yes,” he said. “I voiced that to them a number of times. We've been in talks. They said they want me back. Now it's the wait game, waiting for them.

“I've spoken to everybody I need to talk to to make the decision to come back. It sounds good what direction they're trying to go in. As long as everything is right, I'll be willing to come back. I'm waiting for them.”

But, he said, “We're definitely excited to go into free agency. I was drafted by the Dolphins, I love the organization. I hope things can work out. If not, I'm excited about free agency.”

What is he looking for in free agency, besides money?

“Opportunity,” he told Rose and Stevenson. “Wherever I go, I'm competing to get on the field right away. I don't want to be looked at as anything less than a 2.”

Therein lies the rub. The Dolphins aren’t in position to pay him as a No. 2 when they have DeVante Parker and Jarvis Landry as likely longterm starters. But his return can’t be ruled out, either, even though Matthews said at the end of the season that he was more likely to be elsewhere next season.

so, even if the money is right, Matthews may not return unless he is the No. 2 receiver? how likely is that?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Matthews wants to be No. 2 Empty Re: Matthews wants to be No. 2

Post by JMP Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:00 am

I absolutely think that Matthews should be a starter if he returns to the Phins.  Start him and Parker on the outside, with Landry in the slot.  Stills can come off the bench in 4-wide sets.  To me, that's the ideal WR lineup for the Phins. 

I doubt Matthews will be back, but either way, I am absolutely not comfortable with Stills as a starter.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:23 pm

I have to agree. Miami is having a lot of trouble keeping their players this year. They having a hard time keeping Wake, Matthews and it sounds like Miller is going to be a free agent as well

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:14 pm

rightchea wrote:I have to agree. Miami is having a lot of trouble keeping their players this year. They having a hard time keeping Wake, Matthews and it sounds like Miller is going to be a free agent as well

It's obvious they all want to leave without coming right out and saying it. So many passive-aggressive players on this team...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down