The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Score predictions Phins versus Ravens

+3
white1
JMP
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Score predictions Phins versus Ravens Empty Score predictions Phins versus Ravens

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:07 am

over the weekend, my wife gave me 2 tickets to this game. not sure i even want to go, but i will. i'm mentally prepared for the abuse i will endure. please do not forsake me Miami Dolphins.

Miami - 38
Baltimore - 10

wishful thinking.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Score predictions Phins versus Ravens Empty Re: Score predictions Phins versus Ravens

Post by JMP Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:16 am

This is a really tough one to call. The Ravens' D has been awful against the run (ranked last in the league), but pretty damn good against the pass - and their O has been awful in the passing game and pretty damn good in the run game. As many games do, I think this one comes down to the trenches. If the Miami OL can block a physically tough Ravens' DL and allow Ajayi to run wild, I think the Phins can win big. But if we have to put this game on Moore's shoulders, I see a lot of INTs being thrown. One of the keys will be left tackle...whether it's Tunsil or Davis, they're going to have to keep Terrell Suggs in check - and I'm not sure either one is up to it.

Interestingly, as much as the Ravens' offense has been bad, they do have some talent on that side of the ball. They run the ball very well, and they have the weapons to make some big plays in the passing game if the Phins' pass D continues to give up tons of completions.

If this game is in Miami, I'd pick the Phins to win. But in Baltimore, against a physical team that always gives them fits, I'm not feeling it. Let's say 16-13, Ravens, with Ajayi getting stuffed and Moore turning the ball over 3 times.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Score predictions Phins versus Ravens Empty Re: Score predictions Phins versus Ravens

Post by white1 Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 am

They are a bad matchup for us, and proved it once again with the thrashing they put on us late in the season last year.

Beating this team would prove we've turned the corner in the trenches. I'm actually thinking Miami can match up well when our defense is on the field, but how are we going to move the ball on them?

For some reason, I believe we will get this one done somehow. 21-14 Fins.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:43 am

Quoth the Ravens after the game, "NeverMOORE!!!"

Fins rally from 20-0 4th quarter deficit to take it 21-20 cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Injury updates for the game:  

Anthony Steen is out - Jesse Davis will start at LG.

Tunsil and Parker are both listed as questionable.  If I had to guess, basing it on just my gut feeling, I'd say Tunsil will play and Parker won't.

Edit: Branch and Phillips are also questionable.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:41 pm

I did not make a prediction last Sunday, we won. Therefore, by the Laws of Superstitious Actions, Habits, Rituals, and Contrivances, Section 2, Article 1 (The Crash Davis Rule: Don't Fuck with the Streak), I cannot make one for tomorrow.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:03 pm

I really think the Ravens are desperate and Flacco simply can't be as bad as he's been all year.

On the other hand, Matt Moore usually plays really, really well in his first game taking over.

Ah, what the Hell, I'll drink the Koolaid. Dolphins 23, Ravens 20, Parkey nails another one late.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:09 am

No clue but I’ll take a desperate team at home.

17-6 Ravens

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 am

YESSS!!! WOOHOO!!! THE BIRDMAN IS BACK, BABY!!! cheers cheers cheers

(Dances a jig.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 am

Birdmond wrote:No clue but I’ll take a desperate team at home.  

17-6 Ravens

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think this game being in Baltimore makes a big difference. The crowd will be jacked up for a primetime game, and as you said the Ravens are desperate - their season hangs in the balance right now...if they lose they are just about done barring a miracle. I just don't like this matchup for the Phins - I think we're still too finesse to handle smashmouth, physical teams like the Ravens.

But...I'll still hold out a slight hope that the Miami Miracle Machine keeps rolling! sunny

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down