The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today’s postgame afterthoughts by Adam Gase

+6
Umix10
rightchea
mercury22nathan
JMP
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Today’s postgame afterthoughts by Adam Gase Empty Today’s postgame afterthoughts by Adam Gase

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:03 am

We are really close to turning things around. All it takes is to outscore the opponent. I know this 17 point Lisa seems like a lot but it’s not.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Today’s postgame afterthoughts by Adam Gase Empty Re: Today’s postgame afterthoughts by Adam Gase

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:48 pm

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if Gase actually said that verbatim.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Today’s postgame afterthoughts by Adam Gase Empty Re: Today’s postgame afterthoughts by Adam Gase

Post by JMP Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:21 pm

"We just need to execute better." You know that's gonna be in there. And there will probably be some reference to how much the offense sucks since he's been here.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am

its already started...

Dolphins safety T.J. McDonald said, "We have to put the fire out. Come back to work next week and focus."

and the classic...

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said. “You just better move on to the next one, because we’re going to go on the road. We’ve got to find a way to get things cleaned up, and we got to play a way cleaner game than this. I know that.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/26879/dolphins-have-long-road-ahead-to-improve-in-present-and-future

so don't worry Phins fans, its just a matter of "cleaning" things up. Gase just might be "cleaning" his office before he knows it.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am

No matter how sad it is, Gase and the rest of the team will be staying the same BS that we fans don't want to hear.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 am

Some great quotes here from Gase:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-4/AC-in-the-AM-Dolphins-Have-Plenty-To-Clean-Up/c7a34efb-f5a3-435a-a707-9cf1f967cbf6

Gase wrote:“I never felt like they just flat out stopped us,” said coach Adam Gase.

This man is so delusional. Yes, the Phins made tons of mistakes. But let's not act like they would have scored 50 points without the penalties. The Bucs sure as hell stopped you three times in a row when you couldn't even get 1 yard.

On penalties:
Gase wrote:“Ridiculous,” Adam Gase said of the penalties. “We emphasized it on offense and defense this week in practice. Obviously we didn’t get it done.”

This, right here, is grounds for firing Gase. Clearly he has no control over the team and they aren't buying in to what he's selling. If he works on something all week and it sucks on gameday, it's clear that he doesn't know what he's doing.

I refuse to believe that Dolphins' players are somehow "dumber" than those on other teams. It's obvious that there's a disconnect in the locker room, and Gase isn't getting through to the players.

And than there's this from Cam Wake:
Wake wrote:“We were one play away. We just couldn’t make that play.”

The belief that we're always "one play away" and the problems are easy to fix is what kills this team. They think they're better than they are. You just got your ass kicked by a bad Bucs' team - let's not sugarcoat it. The Bucs made a lot more than "one play" on their game-winning drive. Ryan Fucking Fitzpatrick carved you up all day, so don't hand me this crap about "one play". Get your head out of the sand and see things for what they are: this team SUCKS.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm

So in my daily fantasy game this week, I needed a cheap TE that would get me some pretty good points but not costing me salary. I picked OJ Howard who doesn't even start for Tampa at $2500 in cap space. Lower than the cap space I took on Tampa's defense at $2900. Together I got 14.2 from Howard and 18 from Tampa's D.

The Point? We fuckin suck!!!!!!!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:59 pm

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Top-News-Gase-Discusses-Sundays-Game/57cf371c-ffa5-495c-a194-c0a622a3e3a7

More gems:
Gase wrote:“We’re just going to have to prepare the right away this week, make sure that we focus on this game only,” Gase said Monday. “We can’t be looking ahead and wondering what everybody else is doing. That’s irrelevant to us. We have to focus on what we need to do to get better this week to make sure that we can clean up the (mistakes) and then give ourselves a chance when we get to the fourth quarter.”

So much in this statement:
1. Focus on this game only?  Looking ahead???  Why, are you afraid that the players will look past the Patriots???  And where has the focus been all along???

2. Get better this week and clean up the mistakes?  Isn't that the goal every week?  How's that working out?

3.  Give yourselves a chance in the 4th quarter???  What about the other 3 quarters?  Could you maybe, I don't know, try to take control of the game sometime before the first half ends?   Or is your plan to fall behind by 2+ TDs every week so you can mount a mythical surprise attack in the last 15 minutes???

Gase wrote:“We’ve got to worry about getting ourselves better,” Gase said. “We’ve got to worry about getting better during practice and cleaning up the things we need to clean up. One of the things that we talked about early in the season, it really doesn’t matter who we’re playing, it doesn’t matter where we’re playing. We’ve got to go through the week, make sure we prepare the right way, get ourselves ready, make sure we know what we’re doing, and then we have to do a good job of going out there Sunday and executing.”

So basically, you're going to continue to prepare the same way you've been doing since early in the season, despite the fact that you've lost 4 games in a row and the team looks more lost and undisciplined each week?  OK...sounds like a plan, I guess.

Gase did indicate that Cutler would start if healthy. “Jay has really done everything I’ve asked him to do,” Gase said. “There’s no reason for me to say he’s not.”

I'm not even going to comment on this one.  It speaks for itself.

Ross needs to grow a set and fire this clown - along with the other two stooges in the front office - the second the season ends, if not sooner.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 pm

I'll comment on that last bit:

If Jay Cutler has done everything he's asked of him, then he's asked Jay Cutler to barely produce at a professional level.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:50 pm

I can't believe the balls on this guy. How can he be so arrogant with the worse offense in the league? The fact that he can talk like that speaks volumes about the front office.

Moore looked like shit against the Ravens. No denying it. But in Moore's defense, it was a 4 day turnaround to prepare for the Ravens. Moore has the best grasp of the locker room. He is absolutely the right guy for this team right now!!! Gase should be fired before the week is out. Somebody find Dan Campbell
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Degarmo wrote:
If Jay Cutler has done everything he's asked of him, then he's asked Jay Cutler to barely produce at a professional level.

And if that's the case, then Gase needs to go. The longer we keep Gase, the longer it'll take to clean up his mess. I just pray that Ross opens is eyes and sees how bad this whole regime is. But we all know that's never gonna happen.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 pm

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:

And if that's the case, then Gase needs to go.  The longer we keep Gase, the longer it'll take to clean up his mess.  I just pray that Ross opens is eyes and sees how bad this whole regime is.  But we all know that's never gonna happen.

Sold. Gase is a turd burglar.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Yeah, I think it is time to start over yet again.

Unfortunately, Ross is too invested in this bunch, and just one year removed from his first playoff berth that he feels they gave him, so he will stay the course.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 am

Stay the course!

But sir, that's a waterfall.

STAY THE COURSE!

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:22 am

SO...Gase just turned out to be a luckier Philbin, then? Bleh.

Remember when everybody knew Wanny had to go after the '02 season, just one year removed from back to back 11-5 playoff seasons, but the Fins stayed the course and wound up having to fire him anyway a season and a half later? Good times.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 am

We had our GM in 2004. It just took him a decade to figure it out in Minnesota

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:28 am

“I think right now it’s, really, we’ve got to use those receivers to our strength,” Gase said. “We have three guys that I have a lot of confidence in. I feel like some of the things that we’re doing where we can get to the backs in the passing game has really helped us.”

But he said Tampa Bay “did a good job of taking those guys [Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake] away, but that’s why we were able to get so many chunk plays on the outside."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article185655713.html

it almost sounds like Gase wants to use the RBs as the primary passing weapons and the WRs as a second option. its as if he was forced to throw to the receivers because the backs were covered. i may be wrong, but i thought the point of having WRs was so that you could throw down the field??

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 am

And the question remains...if he loves Williams and Drake so much, why did they barely play at all for half the season?

Gase doesn't seem to have any sort of plan at all. There's no continuity to what he does week to week or even within games...just a bunch of random plays that seem completely disconnected from each other.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:16 pm

This isn't a "postgame afterthought", but it fits:

Adam Beasley
✔️
@AdamHBeasley

Despite Charles Harris' low sack total, the Dolphins are pleased with how his rookie year has gone. "I'm not going to complain" about what I've seen this year, Gase said.

Your first round DE has just one sack and doesn't make any impact plays...and you're OK with that? Really????? Suspect

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Degarmo wrote:Stay the course!

But sir, that's a waterfall.

STAY THE COURSE!

Classic

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 am

JMP wrote:This isn't a "postgame afterthought", but it fits:

Adam Beasley
✔️
@AdamHBeasley

Despite Charles Harris' low sack total, the Dolphins are pleased with how his rookie year has gone. "I'm not going to complain" about what I've seen this year, Gase said.

Your first round DE has just one sack and doesn't make any impact plays...and you're OK with that?  Really?????    Suspect

more of the, "he's done everything we've asked him to do." then why don't they ask him to make more sacks? or is this a "redshirt" year for Harris too?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:This isn't a "postgame afterthought", but it fits:

Adam Beasley
✔️
@AdamHBeasley

Your first round DE has just one sack and doesn't make any impact plays...and you're OK with that?  Really?????    Suspect

more of the, "he's done everything we've asked him to do." then why don't they ask him to make more sacks? or is this a "redshirt" year for Harris too?

It’s all about the two hand touch guys. We don’t want to hit the QB!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 am

Gase is at it again. Check out this short video of his post-game press conference. About 45 seconds in, he says "I can't say we did anything wrong today, they just played better than us."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/95467392-132.html

Really? So the 3 INTs and 4 fumbles from your $10 million QB were all good? How about the missed sacks by Wake, Harris, Suh, etc.? Were the missed tackles by Alonso also great? How about the bone-headed unsportsmanlike conduct by Landry...was that OK too? I could go on all day about how poorly this team played, but I guess everything looked great to Gase. (Actually, Gase may not have seen the missed sacks or missed tackles on defense...he was probably too busy coming up with genius plays to get his offense to score one damn TD in a must-win game.)

What a load of crap. Can you picture Bill Parcells after a loss like this? Think he'd say "we didn't do anything wrong"??? Gase is a fucking pussy that doesn't know what he's doing, and one meaningless win over the Patriots doesn't change that.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 am

After yesterday's hose job on the Steelers (so now, apparently, the play ISN'T over after you secure the ball and break the plane) I'm ready to call it a day on the NFL, period. The Fins will just keep sucking forever, Brady will win the next 4 Super Bowls, and Miami will likely give Cutler a new 3 year $45 mil contract (the "going rate") to continue his career after this season.

But I won't be watching.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am

HalCHorn wrote:After yesterday's hose job on the Steelers (so now, apparently, the play ISN'T over after you secure the ball and break the plane) I'm ready to call it a day on the NFL, period.  The Fins will just keep sucking forever, Brady will win the next 4 Super Bowls, and Miami will likely give Cutler a new 3 year $45 mil contract (the "going rate") to continue his career after this season.

But I won't be watching.

It's getting to the point where it's nearly impossible to catch a pass if you hit the ground. So ridiculous.

But...that's nothing. Did you see the Cowboys-Raiders game last night? I've never seen anything like it...determining a first down by putting a folded piece of paper between the ball and the yard marker. Completely absurd. If you didn't see it, there's a clip here:
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/17/16788222/cowboys-raiders-first-down-folded-paper-lol-what

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next