The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KC WR Albert Wilson

+5
rightchea
mercury22nathan
HalCHorn
JMP
white1
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KC WR Albert Wilson Empty KC WR Albert Wilson

Post by white1 Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 am

Rumor has it Miami is in the bidding and currently leading the field on an attempt to sign Wilson.

Will be cheaper than Landry. And probably half as good.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973369800574500864
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

KC WR Albert Wilson Empty Re: KC WR Albert Wilson

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am

UGH! From what I've seen, Wilson is not particularly good and not particularly bad...just another mediocre JAG. He'll fit right in with the Dolphins. No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am

And in a related move, the Chiefs signed Sammy Watkins.

I'm not a big Mahomes guy, but he's got everything in place to succeed. Weapons everywhere. That deep passing game in KC could be sick!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am

Agree with JMP. I'd pass on Wilson. Matter of fact, I can't see a whole lot of players I'd want to bid on in this FA. I'd sit back and pick up bargains later.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am

HalCHorn wrote:Agree with JMP.  I'd pass on Wilson.   Matter of fact, I can't see a whole lot of players I'd want to bid on in this FA.  I'd sit back and pick up bargains later.

Yep - and many of the top players are already gone, like Keenum, Watkins, Allen Robinson and Anthony Hitchins.

By the way...with the contracts Watkins and Robinson are signing, Landry's reported "demands" don't seem so out of line...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:51 am

The Dolphins reportedly are after receiver Kansas City receiver Albert Wilson. Kansas City, meanwhile, agreed to sign Sammy Watkins. Wilson is coming off a career-high 42 catches and 554 yards. He’s depth. He’s a systems guy. He’s the replacement for Landry and will help out.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde-blog/fl-sp-hyde5-buffalo-qb-20180313-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DaveHyde-blog+%28Dave+Hyde+%7C+Sun+Sentinel+blogs%29

Shocked HA, HA, HA!!!  that's their plan to replace Landry?!?!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 am

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Allen Robinson intends to sign with the Bears when free agency officially begins at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Per Josina Anderson of ESPN, Robinson said it’s a three-year, $42 million deal.

Robinson missed all but one game last season after tearing his ACL in Jacksonville’s season opener. However, he had recorded 153 receptions for 2,283 yards and 20 touchdowns over his previous two seasons with the Jaguars.

I don't agree with the Fins approach on Landry, especially considering the intangibles, namely the role he plays on our offense and his excellent chemistry with Tannehill.

However, I can at least SEE the logic they followed in reaching (IMO) their FLAWED conclusion.

Robinson's deal is averaging 14 million per year over 3 years. I do not know how much of that is guaranteed. Now, he's coming off a torn ACL, which surely depressed his value. However, he averages 10 TDs per year. By my quick math, also something like 15 ypc. He's 6'3" and a deep threat. Those are the receivers teams covet, and the ones they are giving the big contracts.

Landry does not fit that prototype.

So, once again, in search of a "prototype" we are dumping a great player, and will settle for a receiving corps FAR WORSE than it was last year.

Again, I can see the logic, but I don't agree with its conclusion.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am

white1 wrote:
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Allen Robinson intends to sign with the Bears when free agency officially begins at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Per Josina Anderson of ESPN, Robinson said it’s a three-year, $42 million deal.

Robinson missed all but one game last season after tearing his ACL in Jacksonville’s season opener. However, he had recorded 153 receptions for 2,283 yards and 20 touchdowns over his previous two seasons with the Jaguars.

I don't agree with the Fins approach on Landry, especially considering the intangibles, namely the role he plays on our offense and his excellent chemistry with Tannehill.

However, I can at least SEE the logic they followed in reaching (IMO) their FLAWED conclusion.

Robinson's deal is averaging 14 million per year over 3 years.  I do not know how much of that is guaranteed.  Now, he's coming off a torn ACL, which surely depressed his value.  However, he averages 10 TDs per year.  By my quick math, also something like 15 ypc.  He's 6'3" and a deep threat.  Those are the receivers teams covet, and the ones they are giving the big contracts.

Landry does not fit that prototype.

So, once again, in search of a "prototype" we are dumping a great player, and will settle for a receiving corps FAR WORSE than it was last year.

Again, I can see the logic, but I don't agree with its conclusion.

The thing I really don't understand with the Landry situation is this: assuming reports are true, the Phins offered $13 million a year and Landry's agent counter-offered $15 million. The Phins never responded to the counter-offer. Again, if true...it seems very petty to walk away over $1 million. As I've said, I think the Phins just didn't want him...they offered a deal they knew he wouldn't take, and then just ignored the counter-offer. So - why even bother making a "fake" offer in the first place??? To somehow save face and act like they tried??

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:21 am

Apparently the Phins are signing Wilson to a 3-year deal worth $24 million, per Ian Rapoport. No

Major downgrade.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 am

I just saw that, here's the link to PFT article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/dolphins-to-sign-albert-wilson-on-wednesday/

Sentiment seems to be "half the price, for half the production". Yeah, sounds about right to me...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 am

so he is 58 catches away from the production that Landry had...great job Miami front office we suck again

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 am

Oh, one final note we haven't touched on, probably because the particular player is so forgettable.

I think we can make it official: Leonte Carroo = BUST

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:40 am

white1 wrote:Oh, one final note we haven't touched on, probably because the particular player is so forgettable.

I think we can make it official:  Leonte Carroo = BUST

Exactly. I actually thought Carroo showed some promise in the one game he played last season, but apparently the coaches didn't agree.

Wilson is only 5'9", but he's built pretty solid. He is faster than Landry, so that's a plus. Not sure how his blocking compares to Landry, but for my money Landry is a top blocker.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:46 am

Well, PFF actually likes him. So there's that. Since we're making random football moves and just bringing in random players, why not?

https://twitter.com/PFF_RyanSmith/status/973570212128788481
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Meh. Bleh. Feh.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Wilson is built like a running back actually. He’s about 5’9 and 205. In 2014, unofficially he ran a 4.35, officially it was a 4.43. I potentially see him replacing Grant before Carroo. i think that this regime isn’t all that crazy about Grant’s size. Wilson has 2 ST touchdowns to Grant’s 1. 2’ taller and 40lbs heavier could be what Gase really wants.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Umix10 wrote:Wilson is built like a running back actually.  He’s about 5’9 and 205.  In 2014, unofficially he ran a 4.35, officially it was a 4.43.  I potentially see him replacing Grant before Carroo.  i think that this regime isn’t  all that crazy about Grant’s size.  Wilson has 2 ST touchdowns to Grant’s 1.  2’ taller and 40lbs heavier could be what Gase really wants.

I agree that Wilson pretty much gives us a bigger (and more expensive) version of Grant. But that begs the question...why did we even draft Grant?? I mean, they obviously knew he was tiny.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Because the Jeff Ireland "diamond in the rough" philosophy is always in full effect for really shitty GMs.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm

JMP wrote:
Umix10 wrote:Wilson is built like a running back actually.  He’s about 5’9 and 205.  In 2014, unofficially he ran a 4.35, officially it was a 4.43.  I potentially see him replacing Grant before Carroo.  i think that this regime isn’t  all that crazy about Grant’s size.  Wilson has 2 ST touchdowns to Grant’s 1.  2’ taller and 40lbs heavier could be what Gase really wants.

I agree that Wilson pretty much gives us a bigger (and more expensive) version of Grant. But that begs the question...why did we even draft Grant?? I mean, they obviously knew he was tiny.

You know....We could say the same thing about Landry
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Umix10 wrote:
JMP wrote:

I agree that Wilson pretty much gives us a bigger (and more expensive) version of Grant.  But that begs the question...why did we even draft Grant??  I mean, they obviously knew he was tiny.    

You know....We could say the same thing about Landry

Landry was a great draft pick...best the Phins have made in a long, long time. His only problem was that he had to play for a head coach that didn't know how to coach him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 am

so miami got a special team guy

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:12 am

I may be the only one who is ok with picking up Wilson. Not a superstar, but solid. If he can help on the return game, then, great. Looks like they are planing to split up Landry's 100+ catches between him and Amendola. I do like Grant. I think he'll be in a roster spot fight w/caroo.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:24 am

I actually don't hate the Wilson signing...just feel that it's not an upgrade. I also don't like that his addition probably means we're sticking with the same offensive style we've failed with for the fast few years...the Lazor/Gase dink and dunk scheme where YAC is more important than actually pushing the ball downfield and attacking the defense.

That said, Wilson is a solid player and will make some plays, but I don't think he makes this offense better.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:32 am

That said, Wilson is a solid player and will make some plays, but I don't think he makes this offense better.

If this offense doesn't get better, then Gase is in trouble.

You can't get the job because you're a "QB whisperer" and "offensive guru", then over 3 years consistently field a terrible offense that hangs around the teams neck like an albatross.

No. He fixes this offense, or he's not long in Miami.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:03 pm

white1 wrote:

If this offense doesn't get better, then Gase is in trouble.  

No.  He fixes this offense, or he's not long in Miami.

Not with ross as owner. More likely, he gets extended because "We're close" again.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next