The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real reason Albert Wilson is a Phin

5 posters

Go down

The real reason Albert Wilson is a Phin Empty The real reason Albert Wilson is a Phin

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am

Pro Football Focus noted Wilson led the league in wide receiver rating (the passer rating when targeted) on targets at or behind the line of scrimmage last season. At 133.3, he was far ahead of Jarvis Landry, who was No. 2 at 107.4.

Per PFF, “Wilson caught 17-of-20 targets behind the line of scrimmage, for 160 receiving yards and two touchdowns, resulting in a passer rating when targeted of 133.3 — the best mark in the league by a considerable margin. Wilson also racked up a staggering 8.0 yards per reception and 10.9 yards after the catch per reception, which also paced the league.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article213927629.html

long live the bubble screen!! damn, Gase loves him some bubble screens.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

The real reason Albert Wilson is a Phin Empty Re: The real reason Albert Wilson is a Phin

Post by white1 Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:38 am

Honestly, I'm fine with them if they are working. Embarrassing when they don't.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

The real reason Albert Wilson is a Phin Empty Re: The real reason Albert Wilson is a Phin

Post by JMP Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 am

I HATE bubble screens as a major part of the offense.  Using them once a game or every other game is fine, but when it's the primary component of your offense it's predictable and leads to too many short gains/no gains.  You can't be afraid to push the ball downfield.

Last edited by JMP on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Bubble screens and fade routes = a raging inferno of hatred welling in the depths of my eternal soul.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Degarmo wrote:Bubble screens and fade routes = a raging inferno of hatred welling in the depths of my eternal soul.

Yeah, I hate endzone fades almost as much as I hate bubble screens. The endzone fade might be the most low percentage pass in the NFL. Literally everything has to be perfect to complete that pass.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:06 pm

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Bubble screens and fade routes = a raging inferno of hatred welling in the depths of my eternal soul.

Yeah, I hate endzone fades almost as much as I hate bubble screens.  The endzone fade might be the most low percentage pass in the NFL.  Literally everything has to be perfect to complete that pass.

You'd think about how much coaches talk about playing the percentages that they'd have figured that out by now, but no.  I mean, if you're going to throw an end zone pass, do the quick clear out. What the hell ever happened to the TE release too? It's like they said to themselves (collectively as coaches all over the league), "Hey, that works, let's try something that makes me look more unique, guru-y, and genius-like."

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm

bubble screens are the worst play to run all the time. Bubble screens work if you can't throw the ball deep.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down