The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins don't need to bother drafting a receiver, they need to get more out of Parker

5 posters

Go down

Dolphins don't need to bother drafting a receiver, they need to get more out of Parker Empty Dolphins don't need to bother drafting a receiver, they need to get more out of Parker

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:16 am

Chris Perkins wrote:Wide receiver shouldn’t be a priority for the Miami Dolphins in the NFL draft.

Yes, the Dolphins traded three-time Pro Bowl receiver Jarvis Landry to Cleveland this offseason.

But among Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Danny Amendola, Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, Leonte Carroo, Rashawn Scott and Malcolm Lewis, the Dolphins have enough bodies.

Whether the wide receivers develop into a game-changing unit depends largely on Parker.

But the receivers have enough as far as numbers, experience and raw talent.

The draft (April 26-28) might offer Miami a few opportunities to improve their wide receivers corps but the Dolphins shouldn’t even bother.

They have more pressing needs — linebacker, defensive tackle, tight end, backup offensive line, free safety, and backup quarterback, to name a few.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-perkins-wr-20180411-story.html

I agree to disagree with the article for the fact that Miami has a lot of bodies at WR doesn't mean that they are good. Miami should see if they can go after a WR in the 3rd or 4th round but no sooner. Rashawn Scott, Malcolm Lewis are not good enough to make the roster. Leonte Carroo isn't good at all but will be on the team, Albert Wilson has one good season and now he the savior of the team highly unlikely. Let us not forget that Danny is injury prone and Parker can't stay on the field long enough to make plays happen.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins don't need to bother drafting a receiver, they need to get more out of Parker Empty Re: Dolphins don't need to bother drafting a receiver, they need to get more out of Parker

Post by white1 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:59 am

I tend to agree with the article.

We need to draft best player available. With this roster, it won't be hard to match BPA with a hole on the roster anyways. I can't imagine a scenario where a receiver, and only a receiver, makes sense with any of our picks.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Dolphins don't need to bother drafting a receiver, they need to get more out of Parker Empty Re: Dolphins don't need to bother drafting a receiver, they need to get more out of Parker

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:47 pm

I guess Isaiah Ford is forgotten already. I'd give him a better chance of emerging and making the team than several of those listed. Maybe even including Carroo, who I'd think HAS to show something to keep hanging around.

Parker IMO should be traded while we still stand a chance of getting a mid round pick for him.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:35 pm

And Parker has shown what in his football career that shows he can handle the pressure?

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 pm

I don't like Miami's receiving corps at all, but they aren't going to add anyone else to the position. They are already 6 deep...no room for anyone else. I would argue that their 6 kinda suck, but that's the way the roster has been built.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down