The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report: Dolphins likely to cut Robert Quinn, DeVante Parker

+3
HalCHorn
white1
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

Report: Dolphins likely to cut Robert Quinn, DeVante Parker Empty Report: Dolphins likely to cut Robert Quinn, DeVante Parker

Post by rightchea Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:06 pm

Zach Links wrote:Major changes are coming in Miami. This offseason, the Dolphins are expected to cut defensive end Robert Quinn (saving $12.9M against the cap), defensive end Andre Branch (saving $7M, $2M in dead money) and wide receiver DeVante Parker ($9.4M savings), according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-dolphins-likely-to-cut-robert-quinn-devante-parker/ar-BBRGIqf?ocid=INSSPBD10

Out with the unreliable in with something new????

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Report: Dolphins likely to cut Robert Quinn, DeVante Parker Empty Re: Report: Dolphins likely to cut Robert Quinn, DeVante Parker

Post by white1 Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:07 pm

About time!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Report: Dolphins likely to cut Robert Quinn, DeVante Parker Empty Re: Report: Dolphins likely to cut Robert Quinn, DeVante Parker

Post by HalCHorn Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:28 pm

Good news on all three IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:54 pm

So is this Grier doing this or is there someone pulling the strings

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:08 am

rightchea wrote:So is this Grier doing this or is there someone pulling the strings

It should be Grier. Hopefully this is an indication that this guy doesn't screw around.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:33 am

Great news, but really not a surprise. There's no way Quinn, Parker and Branch were going to remain Dolphins in 2019. Tannehill will also be gone, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ja'Wuan "Another False Start" James gets sent packing too.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 am

I believe James will get some competition next season. There is no way they will allow him to keep playing without someone breathing down his neck

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

I’d move on from James. Not worth keeping.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 pm

white1 wrote:I’d move on from James. Not worth keeping.

So tired of his 1-2 penalties every single game. And there's far too many stretches during games where he loses focus and turns into a turnstile. Definitely not worth the money he'll get. Keep Tunsil and dump everyone else...rebuild the OL once and for all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:29 pm

The problem is though, that dumping all these guys just creates more holes. The O-line and WR corps will be reduced to virtually nothing, as will the D-line. The QB next season will be a stopgap at best, but I actually agree with what I'm hearing about the Fins not bothering to spend a first rounder on one this year. Best to wait until 2020 and increase the chances of drafting a QB who doesn't suck.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:The problem is though, that dumping all these guys just creates more holes. The O-line and WR corps will be reduced to virtually nothing, as will the D-line.

Good. Let's do a true rebuild. Dump all the crap, and add young, hungry players. There's no reason to keep stopgaps, injury risks, and/or trash like Quinn, Branch, Parker, Amendola, Larsen, Sitton, Davis, Spence, Hayes, etc. While you're at it, see if you can trade Harris, McCain, and Jones or McDonald. Yes, dumping them creates holes - holes that we can fill with younger, cheaper players that (hopefully) have upside. It's what we should have been doing years ago. Get in position to really improve the roster. There may be growing pains, but as long as it leads to true growth I'm all for it.

Let the rebuild begin!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:37 pm

JMP wrote:Get in position to really improve the roster. There may be growing pains, but as long as it leads to true growth I'm all for it.

Let the rebuild begin!!!

I’m in on that. Get the most for all the players worth anything. The 9nly thing I disagree with is keeping anybody. The only person we should keep is the QB. But we don’t have one so everyone must go. Howard and Tunsil will be 3 realistically 4 years older by the time Miami starts to turn things around and at a no so friendly cap price. We need to plan for three and 4 years from now where players are hitting their prime, in their prime or phasing from prime. We need a QB in the worst way but we also need one with a young as possible team. Acquire picks, build a stockpile, position yourself with the flexibility year in and year out to move fluidly in the draft. Dumping all the players worth anything would ensure that we don’t get pidgeon holes in the draft causing a need draft as opposed to BPA
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 pm

JMP wrote:

So tired of his 1-2 penalties every single game. And there's far too many stretches during games where he loses focus and turns into a turnstile. Definitely not worth the money he'll get. Keep Tunsil and dump everyone else...rebuild the OL once and for all.

no matter how much we would like that it will have to be done slowly. Miami doesn't have the cap space to take care all the holes miami has to fill. IMO, miami will have to add to what they have a slowly remove anyone that is less than average on the team. making most of them into backup is the best bet

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:58 am

rightchea wrote:
JMP wrote:

So tired of his 1-2 penalties every single game.  And there's far too many stretches during games where he loses focus and turns into a turnstile.  Definitely not worth the money he'll get.  Keep Tunsil and dump everyone else...rebuild the OL once and for all.

no matter how much we would like that it will have to be done slowly. Miami doesn't have the cap space to take care all the holes miami has to fill. IMO, miami will have to add to what they have a slowly remove anyone that is less than average on the team. making most of them into backup is the best bet

Sent from Topic'it App

The Colts transformed their entire OL in one offseason, going from one of the worst to one of the best. It can be done...but only if you're willing to do it.

We should have a lot of cap space once the cuts/trades are made. We will have a ton of holes, but that's OK - fill them with draft picks, undrafted free agents and cheap vet free agents for now. Rebuild.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 pm

We should have a lot of cap space once the cuts/trades are made. We will have a ton of holes, but that's OK - fill them with draft picks, undrafted free agents and cheap vet free agents for now. Rebuild.

This is the correct approach.

Interesting debate on Tunsil and Howard. Personally, I feel like they are young enough to serve as building blocks. However, if we are able to get good value in return for a trade, I would be fine with making that move also.

I really hope Grier gets this right. If he strays from this approach.... he's going to become very unpopular on this board. Quickly.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down