The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins cut TE Arthur Lynch

5 posters

Go down

Phins cut TE Arthur Lynch Empty Phins cut TE Arthur Lynch

Post by JMP Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:27 am

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-waive-te-arthur-lynch-sign-lb-james-davidson-20150817-story.html

The Miami Dolphins signed free agent linebacker James Davidson and waived tight end Arthur Lynch on Monday.

Lynch, the Dolphins' 2014 fifth-round draft pick from Georgia, spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve with a back injury.

Lynch, who fell behind Gerrell Robinson and Jake Stoneburner on the depth chart as the third tight end, was a longshot to make the 53-man roster. Keeping him and placing him on the practice squad was an option, but issues at linebacker led to the team signing Davidson.

No surprise there. I labeled Lynch a wasted pick the second he was drafted...yet another player that doesn't deserve to be in the NFL that the Phins just had to have.

I don't know anything about the new LB, but he sounds like camp fodder. We do need bodies at the position, so on that level it makes some sense.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins cut TE Arthur Lynch Empty Re: Phins cut TE Arthur Lynch

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:52 am

So Hickey's no better than Ireland after all? Seems about right.

How bad does a player need to be to get cut in today's NFL the year after he was drafted? Hell, Michael Freaking Egnew lasted longer than Lynch!!! Shocked Shocked

Burial ground curse, I tells ya. I refuse to believe that even in today's world any organization could hire this many people who are this completely inept at their jobs for this long, even if they were somehow doing it on purpose. The law of averages alone suggests that *somebody* in the past 20 years would be at least average at drafting just by sheer happenstance alone!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:01 am

Keep in mind the trainwreck of a search, along with the murky org structure, that led to the hiring of Hickey as our 7th-preferred candidate for the position. Could have been worse, we could have landed Farmer from Cleveland who is proving out to be just as bad if not worse.

I see this all being rectified in January 2016. Tannebaum will lead the charge for true football people, without the Ross-led, murky and ill defined roles and titles. It's his team now.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:06 am

Omar Kelly tweeted today: "Not trying to be mean, but I can't recall one play Arthur Lynch made in 3 weeks." and "Egnew made more plays".

Damn, Lynch may be even worse than I thought! affraid

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 am

white1 wrote:I see this all being rectified in January 2016.  Tannebaum will lead the charge for true football people, without the Ross-led, murky and ill defined roles and titles.  It's his team now.

So in other words, starting next year we should expect repeated trading up in every draft, and cap hell shortly afterwards? Got it.

JMP wrote:Omar Kelly tweeted today: "Not trying to be mean, but I can't recall one play Arthur Lynch made in 3 weeks." and "Egnew made more plays".  

Damn, Lynch may be even worse than I thought!    affraid

Managing to somehow draft a TE worse than Egnew should be grounds for Hickey's immediate firing. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:11 am

So in other words, starting next year we should expect repeated trading up in every draft, and cap hell shortly afterwards? Got it.

LOL. He'll get his one year honeymoon with the new hires at Head Coach and GM. Should be December of 2017 before the "Fire Tannebaum" banners start flying over the stadium.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 am

Nah, there won't be any flying banners. By then nobody will care enough to pay for it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:18 am

JMP wrote:Omar Kelly tweeted today: "Not trying to be mean...

That would be a first for him. (Rim shot.)

DAMN I'm cynical today, even by my standards. Must have something to do with being exposed to a steady stream of utterly and absurdly ludicrous news lately. Not to mention this week is going to suck for me in general.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:24 am

DolFan 316 wrote:cap hell

Tannenbaum already laid the groundwork for cap hell with the Suh signing. His plan is well underway!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:51 am

Jets picked up Lynch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/18/jets-claim-tight-end-arthur-lynch-off-waivers-from-miami/

as if having to resort to a Phins' castoff isn't bad enough, they may have to resort to signing Matt Flynn to throw to him.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13464719/jets-quarterback-geno-smith-miss-least-four-games-broken-jaw

i love seeing the Jets struggle.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:15 am

The Jets have a lot of injuries at TE right now and need some bodies there, but as soon as they get healthy I think Lynch will be back on the street.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:23 pm

At least we are moving on early. Nothing like drafting a pile of turds and trying to put some polish on them.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Meh. Just the typical AFC East "sign someone's reject, get him to reveal that team's playbook, then cut him loose before the week is out" maneuvering. Strange how you never see this in any other division.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down