The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fins at Jets

+4
Degarmo
scotgif
JMP
JEGnj
8 posters

Go down

Fins at Jets Empty Fins at Jets

Post by JEGnj Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

AHH my favorite game of the year. Still to hot to switch to Fin's gear but I wore my hat proudly every day. Go Fins. Hopefully big win Sunday.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Fins at Jets Empty Re: Fins at Jets

Post by JMP Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:56 am

I'm feeling like this is a really bad matchup for the Phins. Realistically, I think the Jets have the better roster overall, and combined with the crowd noise I see an ugly game for the Phins, with the Jets' defense dominating and controlling the game. 27-13, Jets.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm

This will tell us a lot about this year's version of the team. A win, regardless of style points, will be impressive and set the tone for the possibility of a successful season. A loss will negate the good feeling after the Titans game and put us right back in the mediocre record/team zip code.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:53 pm

I'm not holding out hope, but I'm not going against us during Jets week. Fuck the Jets.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 am

40 point game last week for the Jets. Just hope Miami can keep up

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:57 am

So I go to Shop Rite in NJ this morning wearing my Fin's shirt and hat and I have Dolphin's Fans saying "Go Fins" "Hope we have a great game and beat the Jets" I'm joking around bumping carts with Jets fans and jabbing back and forth having a great time.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Keys to the game end of 1st. Defense Capitalize of Jet's mistakes. Key the ball out of Tanny's hands because he sucks.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 pm

2 TD going good

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Looking good so far. Man I want to beat the Jet's.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:03 pm

If Tanny had and arm to go with his legs he would be a great QB.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Did enough to win. Super unimpressive second half. Kiko Alonso with a huge day.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Offense left me wanting more. Big time. However, I can't complain with a game-sealing drive that allowed us to take a knee in victory formation. Some of this has to be "rust" - Tanny missed a wide open Wilson who had his man beat by 4 yards deep.

Defense played great. Jets wanted to run the ball, but couldn't. We got more turnovers again, great job getting the INTs and fumbles. Darnold went down with some sacks, too.

Overall I'm thrilled. Tough game on the road against DIV opponent who I think will have a good season. We played well enough to win. Go fins.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Well hot damn, JEGnj started a game thread after I figured he was done with that and the Fins actually won again Shocked Shocked Shocked And on top of everything else, Rigthchea makes his first appearance in weeks cheers cheers cheers  

SO glad to see the Darnold balloon get pricked. The Mahomes balloon on the other hand...

Check the NFL forum BTW. It's worth the click, trust me.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:45 pm

it been a wild week at the house plus trying to make some extra money on the side. I love how Miami Defense played. I done with Parker and want Miami to pick up Josh Gordon. He might be a alcoholic but at least he can catch

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:51 pm

rightchea wrote:it been a wild week at the house plus trying to make some extra money on the side. I love how Miami Defense played. I done with Parker and want Miami to pick up Josh Gordon. He might be a alcoholic but at least he can catch

Josh Gordon does not need to be in the NFL anymore. The years-long enabling by the Browns because he had "talent" is precisely what's causing his issues to begin with.

Which means the Fins are totally going to sign him of course Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

I've been beat down and dragged through the mud for 45 years with this team. Can't get excited for being 2-0 only to finish average and out of the playoffs.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:09 pm

JEGnj wrote:I've been beat down and dragged through the mud for 45 years with this team. Can't get excited for being 2-0 only to finish average and out of the playoffs.

Yep. 2-0 is a great start, but I think we all see that this is a very flawed team. The AFC is crap again this season, and there are some winnable games on the schedule, so the opportunity is there for the Dolphins to make some noise - but will they? Time will tell.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Yeah, I'm not buying in. Keep winning and overcoming obstacles and closing out games like yesterday, and I might change my mind.

Winning this week is no sure thing the way Carr was playing Sunday.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 pm

miami cant fold in the 2nd half. that the biggest issues from what I seen so far. Miami needs to be score twice a quarter or more

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:13 am

Man, watching the highlights...it's a miracle that the Jets didn't score at the end of the half...Herndon was about an inch from the goal-line. And, if Darnold had seen Enunwa sooner on that throw-away in the third - easy TD. This game easily could have gone the other way, with the Phins offense tanking in the second half. Shades of 2016, when the Dolphins won a bunch of games by a hair. Hard to sustain that over the course of a season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:30 am

JMP wrote:Man, watching the highlights...it's a miracle that the Jets didn't score at the end of the half...Herndon was about an inch from the goal-line.  And, if Darnold had seen Enunwa sooner on that throw-away in the third - easy TD.  This game easily could have gone the other way, with the Phins offense tanking in the second half.  Shades of 2016, when the Dolphins won a bunch of games by a hair.  Hard to sustain that over the course of a season.

Seems to be a trend even just before Gase took over though. Hell, winning by as many as 7 and 8 points is a blowout by Gase-Era standards Laughing

EDIT: Since 2015 the Fins are tied with the Falcons and Raiders for most wins by 7 or less.

http://pfref.com/tiny/KUW5A

And since Gase took over they have the best winning percentage in games decided by 7 or less, period, at a ridiculous .778 Shocked Shocked Shocked (Of course the Pats are second.)

http://pfref.com/tiny/cboqx

In fact only 3 of Gase's 18 wins so far have been by more than 8 points. That's right--this Jets game actually constututed the 4th largest margin of victory in the Gase Era  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

http://pfref.com/tiny/Qratt

On the flip side, only the Browns and 49ers have more two score losses (losses by 9 or more) since 2015.

http://pfref.com/tiny/kJq6t

You're welcome Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 am

Very interesting stats there, 316. Gase the Guru hasn't been able to figure out how to score points, and the defense is wildly inconsistent. In a league where so many teams are at or near the same level, there's a fine line between winning and losing. The Phins have had some good luck under Gase, which is great, but sooner or later the Phins' offense needs to do a helluva lot more in order to make the team a legit contender.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm

picking up players like Josh Gordon or someone that can run deeper routes would make more sense and will cause secondary to play deeper in the open field which would open up the run and also mid field passes.

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down