The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO NEEDS TANNEHILL?!?!

+7
JMP
CarsonChris
rightchea
Degarmo
white1
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHO NEEDS TANNEHILL?!?!  Empty WHO NEEDS TANNEHILL?!?!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:41 pm

After this game I sure don't! Might as well ride that stallion Osweiler to the playoffs, baby! He's so awesome he can even make Khalil Mack look weak and powerless Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, if this game doesn't convince the world that Tannehill is basically useless, then nothing will. #brocknroll #brocktoberfest

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

WHO NEEDS TANNEHILL?!?!  Empty Re: WHO NEEDS TANNEHILL?!?!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:25 pm

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article220018950.html#storylink=rss

But Chicago coach Matt Nagy threw the Dolphins a lifeline, running three straight times and settling for a 53-yard field goal attempt by ex-Dolphin Cody Parkey — who put together the most accurate season in team history in his only season in Miami.

That’s when Osweiler — who threw for a career-high 380 yards and three touchdowns — offered up one last bit of encouragement.

“They’re going to miss this field goal,” Osweiler told Drake, “and I need you to bring the swagger and confidence you’ve been playing with all day.”

Drake looked Osweiler in the eye and responded: “OK.”

Parkey pushed the kick right.

Drake’s thoughts at that moment: “We’ve got a game to win. You can’t look in the rearview. .... I’ve got to go out there and do my job.”

When was the last time Tannehill showed anything close to this kind of leadership, hmmm? Just sayin' Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Not to get carried away, but that was exactly what I was thinking today.

This offense showed more today than it has all season. I think I'd just start Osweiler the rest of the way and see what happens. What do we have to lose, exactly?

Amazingly, the Chiefs may put us in first place tonight.......

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 pm

I am now convinced that if Gase had just yanked Tannehill in the 4th quarter of the Bengals game and let Osweiler close it out (since we now know Tannehill was injured severely enough at that time to not play today) that the Fins win and are 5-1 as we speak.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Osweiler made Tannehill look silly. This against a top defense.

IMO you “rest” Tanny some more to see if this becomes a trend.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:28 pm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Oh, you'll want to get rid of Osweiler soon enough Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:35 pm

I wouldn't claim Osweiler as a starter just yet but then again I wouldn't say the same for Tannehill. I feel like both of them are backup QB and are destined to be that for the rest of their life unless Miami has different plans.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:37 pm

rightchea wrote:I wouldn't claim Osweiler as a starter just yet but then again I wouldn't say the same for Tannehill. I feel like both of them are backup QB and are destined to be that for the rest of their life unless Miami has different plans.

Truth

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Osweiler is a mediocre QB, Tannehill is an athlete playing QB. I wouldn’t get to worked up over Osweiler’s best game. It was more Albert Wilson than Osweiler!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 am

Just keep in mind that Osweiler was the king of dink and dunk yesterday, and if not for Albert Wilson's Herculean effort on his two long TDs, Osweiler would have lost this game. Those two INTs he threw were brutal. He did great for a back-up, but I'm not ready to anoint him just yet.

That said, his pocket awareness is light-years ahead of Tannehill's, and that really helped the OL yesterday.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:11 am

HalCHorn wrote:
Amazingly, the Chiefs may put us in first place tonight.......

Of course, the damn Patriots win again and remain in first. Mad

Interestingly, if I'm reading the standings correctly the Dolphins are behind the Ravens and Chargers in the wild card race...too early to start looking at that stuff, but it's good to know who we're chasing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:57 pm

did anyone else find it odd how Gase addressed the situation in his post-game press conference?

“I do not know. I do not know. I don’t know,” Gase repeated when asked how long Tannehill would be out. “I know today he couldn’t go.”

“I don’t sit there and ask them all these questions,” Gase growled. “I just know the guy couldn’t go today. Go ask him. Tired of answering these questions about this guy.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220015320.html

this guy? we are talking about the starting QB, Ryan Tannehill, right? is some sort of divide growing between Gase and Tanny?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 pm

I wouldn't be surprised he brought in his QB osweiler and now he talking about Tannehill like he is a no body. I see Tannehill gone by the end of the season if Gase is still around

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:31 pm

It was nice to see the Phins win, but let's not start talking about how great Osweiler is just yet.

There WAS/IS a reason he has been shipped around and was available this off season.

Still, he has experience, and if he and Gase have a connection, maybe the Phins can get some CONSISTENCY at the QB Position.

Apparently Tannehill was hurt last game tho? Why in heck was he still in there? That's STOOPID.

By him and Gase IMHO.

That MAY be why Gase is upset?

The Phins have so far exceeded expectations, which is really nice since I was expecting another Season of Despair.

Go Phins!!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Tannehill injury has him listed as indefinite. Apparently a bruised ego is preventing him from playing

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:26 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:did anyone else find it odd how Gase addressed the situation in his post-game press conference?

“I do not know. I do not know. I don’t know,” Gase repeated when asked how long Tannehill would be out. “I know today he couldn’t go.”

“I don’t sit there and ask them all these questions,” Gase growled. “I just know the guy couldn’t go today. Go ask him. Tired of answering these questions about this guy.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220015320.html

this guy?  we are talking about the starting QB, Ryan Tannehill, right?  is some sort of divide growing between Gase and Tanny?

I don't think there's a problem between Tannehill and Gase. I think Gase is just an asshole. "Tired of answering these questions about this guy." So you're tired of answering questions about the injury status of your starting QB? Huh??? Is he surprised that reporters want to hear about the starting QB? Suspect

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:26 pm

that means he gone

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:59 pm

I heard that Tannehill actually got hurt in the Raiders game Shocked Which means Gase has actually known about this injury for weeks Shocked Shocked and this is the real reason why in the next two games he kept calling even more dink and dunk plays than usual.

The way this team is run, would that even surprise anybody? It blows my mind that people STILL don't realize the truth will ALWAYS come out, and faster than ever now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Gase is so not meant for this job.

Here's the way you handle it You walk into the room and say this:

"Okay guys, thanks for being here again, and it's always great to get a win at home. I wanted to address something before any questions. I do not have any further information on Ryan Tannehill right now. We'll let you know as soon as we can about his status, but for now, I can tell you nothing new. You can ask, but I'm not going to answer you, so write this down now, because I'm not addressing it again. As of now, his status is uncertain. If he's not ready to go, we won't risk it and Brock will be our starter. Okay, that said, first question?"

So glad they had the foresight to draft a QB.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 am

That's exactly what Gase should have said. Instead of being a whiny bitch, be a man and face the music.

Sounds like Tannehill could be out awhile...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am

Tannehill is definitely out this week against the Lions, and there is speculation that he could be done for the season. Too early to tell and you know the Phins won't say anything ahead of time...but we could be looking at Osweiler the rest of the way. I know some of you will be happy if that happens, but here's my reaction: No

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:15 pm

If Tannehill is done for this season as well, his career is likely over as a starter, and we all saw it coming.  He has never played behind an offensive line that's allowed him time to throw deep at all.  Every single coach wanted the ball out in 2.0 seconds, which is ludicrous.  He had the shit beat out of him, but never complained about it, and was pretty durable, but there are only so many car wrecks one can endure.

I'm sure there will be a plethora of "he held onto the ball too long so it's his own fault" people, who are also the same people who wanted him to throw longer passes.  You need time to do that.

I'm not saying he could have been a great QB, but he was totally Carr'd, and I'd say in a worse circumstance than David Carr, he performed better.

Throwing shoulder injuries are career enders.

Oh, check out Osweiler's throw chart.

WHO NEEDS TANNEHILL?!?!  Screen-shot-2018-10-18-at-10-27-45-am

Talk about dink and dunk, ugh.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Degarmo wrote:Throwing shoulder injuries are career enders.

No they aren't. Just ask Drew Brees. Or the Fins' medical staff. Who apparently cannot properly diagnose shoulder injuries to save their lives.

Also, at some point there needs to be accountability for whoever made the decision to let Tannehill keep playing for two more games afterwards.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:45 pm

JMP wrote:Tannehill is definitely out this week against the Lions, and there is speculation that he could be done for the season.  Too early to tell and you know the Phins won't say anything ahead of time...but we could be looking at Osweiler the rest of the way.  I know some of you will be happy if that happens, but here's my reaction:  No

If this is true there's no way the Fins can have Tannehill on the roster at the start of next season. He's just no longer cost effective. Might as well just keep going with Osweiler or draft a QB or sign somebody else. If only the Saints hadn't snatched up Bridgewater Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next