The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins preseason schedule announced

4 posters

Go down

Dolphins preseason schedule announced Empty Dolphins preseason schedule announced

Post by JMP Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Week 1 (week of 8/13-17): at Bears
Week 2 (week of 8/20-24): at Panthers
Week 3: (week of 8/27-30): home vs. Falcons
Week 4: (week of 9/3-4): home vs. Bucs

Game dates and times have not been given yet.

Considering that week 3 is usually the 'dress rehearsal' where the starters play the most, I wish we were playing a team with a better defense than the Falcons...would like to get a good look at the Miami offense. But it doesn't matter much in the end, since it is only preseason.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins preseason schedule announced Empty Re: Dolphins preseason schedule announced

Post by white1 Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:48 am

This season is going to be fun no matter which way it goes. We have an elite DT to watch for the first time in a long time with Suh on the field.

Also, an entirely new set of WRs gets the starting nod with the exception of Landry, who maybe gets a shift in his role depending on who we draft and/or sign in free agency post-draft.

Give me a road grading guard and a power running back to pair with Miller and I look forward to seeing what kind of damage we can do this season.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Dolphins preseason schedule announced Empty Re: Dolphins preseason schedule announced

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 am

Our linebacking corps seems terrible to me. Nothing about that group impresses me at all right now.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:15 am

Degarmo wrote:Our linebacking corps seems terrible to me.  Nothing about that group impresses me at all right now.  

Completely agree. I don't see a true MLB on the roster. Jenkins is the only player with any sort of upside, and I thought he was just OK last season. Misi is what he is...a decent-at-best OLB or a below-average MLB who can't stay healthy. Other than that, I see only backups and special teamers with no starting ability. It would be great to add a couple of LBs that actually make big plays, but that's a tall order.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:20 am

Just wrote this in the other thread, but to sum it up Jenkins - Misi look like locks to start IMO, based on what I have read on each of them to date.

Apparently, Misi is one of Philbin's favorite players (maybe he loves average guys who shut up).

In any case, the one spot I am looking for huge improvement is SLB. We need someone like McCain or Tripp to step up and win at least one starting spot. Or a rookie, if we draft one.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:56 am

white1 wrote:

Apparently, Misi is one of Philbin's favorite players (maybe he loves average guys who shut up).

Misi is the Morlon Greenwood of this era. Who is the other LB we had in the 90's I think it was that was like that? Kinda invisible, but was starting year after year. The term they used for his play was that he "funneled everything to the other guys". In other words, he made no plays. Who am I thinking of? He started for a few years, too. Dwight Hollier was the guy. Decent player, but, mediocre at best. JAG.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down